Realistically, what are the odds going to be?

[quote name='quietguy' timestamp='1352313172' post='841163']
I may be mistaken, but didn't he state that he wouldn't retire under Oblamo?
[/quote]

First term, yeah, but also only went so far to say he'd wait until after 2012 election. He obviously wants to go, so whether he'll hang in another 4 years is doubtful. Especially since there's no indication the GOP may ever win another presidential election now that the ongoing fix is in.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352317043' post='841236']
First term, yeah, but also only went so far to say he'd wait until after 2012 election. He obviously wants to go, so whether he'll hang in another 4 years is doubtful. Especially since there's no indication the GOP may ever win another presidential election now that the ongoing fix is in.

- OS
[/quote]

Can't say I like this, but I do agree with it...
[quote name='razorback2003' timestamp='1352321060' post='841285']
Why would the govt mess with guns when they have drones? Seriously though, Congress makes the laws and in the next two years I see no change in that.
[/quote]

What makes you think the anointed one will suddenly change and start going through Congress. When he gets the Supreme Court set up the way he wants it, he will let them do his dirty work.
He can accomplish a lot through Executive Orders and departmental (EPA, BATFE, DHS, etc) regulation or through procedural techincalities. He doesn't need Congress.

He did it with parts of his DREAM Act, appointed to the NLRB and CFPB without Senate approval, and effectively altered welfare work requirements. That said, his use of Executive Orders isn't way off the reservation established by his predecessors. If we knew what really went on in Washington, we'd storm the castle, with pitchforks and torches if necessary.
[quote name='BryanP' timestamp='1352297810' post='840959']
I'd be more worried about the long term implications of two more Supreme Court appointments.
[/quote]

This has always been my concern with 4 more Obama years. He can attempt all kinds of unconstitutional tricks and the SCOTUS as he will have built it will support him. I just came to the sad realization that I will probably be dead before Kagan and her ilk will be off the SCOTUS. This country set to be screwed for a long time.
Gun grab? No. GOP controled House of Representatives would block any such legislation, before it could get to O's desk.

Bipartisan bickering, which will take us off the financial cliff? Yes.
[quote name='Steelharp' timestamp='1352298101' post='840965']
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a bingo.
[/quote]Yeah...and how many people here said that wasn't enough of a problem and that they were going to vote for Johnson, or Ron Paul or Flippo The Clown anyway???

Elections have consequences...we'll be feeling some of those consequences for a VERY long time.
  • Like 1
[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1352395008' post='841851']
Gun grab? No. GOP controled House of Representatives would block any such legislation, before it could get to O's desk.

Bipartisan bickering, which will take us off the financial cliff? Yes.
[/quote]No "gun grab" but plenty of negative "gun consequences" as others have suggested.

Take us off the financial cliff? Seriously???

I could count with less than both hand the number of politicians in WDC that might be willing to make the hard choices necessary to prevent economic collapse and it's going to take a hell of a lot more than that...will they keep the merry-go-round going for a while? Sure; but without drastic changes that 98% of the population and 99.9% of Washington doesn't have the stomach for there is no avoiding what is coming. Edited by RobertNashville
[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1352395008' post='841851']
[/quote]

So we're safe until Dems get majority there. Big whew that's not.

- OS
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352406988' post='841987']
So we're safe until Dems get majority there. Big whew that's not.

- OS
[/quote]

I'd say it will come about through BHO's appointments to any openings in the Supreme Court. I don't trust the House either. After all where politicians abide morals and character subsides.