Realistically, what are the odds going to be?

Honestly, I don't think we'll see much. They've got much bigger fish to fry. Given a choice between fighting for Obamacare and fighting for a new AWB, he'll spend his political capitol on the former.

I'd be more worried about the long term implications of two more Supreme Court appointments.
  • Like 1
I don't think you will ever see a genuine "gun grab" while there's still some semblance of a US government. You are right to assume another AWB as well as stricter ownership requirements. Possibly a total ban on imported firearms. Serious ammo restrictions or taxes. A ban on private sales and a slight chance of a voluntary program where you can get tax credits or money for turning your guns in. It could be that gun ownership could cause one to become uninsurable. WHo knows. I just don't believe a door to door confiscation will happen under current US government. It's not a winning prospect. Given a regime who knows.
[quote name='SWJewellTN' timestamp='1352298309' post='840969']
No kidding! I hope the people who didn't vote, or who cast a protest vote, are happy with the consequences...NOT!
[/quote]

I think it's been gone over in another thread but I'm pretty sure all the combined third party votes would have made absolutely no difference in their respective states even assuming that Romney had gotten the lot of them.

There are plenty of people who made this happen but the third party voters aren't them.
Guest ArmyVeteran37214
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1352298549' post='840972']
I think it's been gone over in another thread but I'm pretty sure all the combined third party votes would have made absolutely no difference in their respective states even assuming that Romney had gotten the lot of them.

There are plenty of people who made this happen but the third party voters aren't them.
[/quote]

Well said TrickyNicky. Besides when it comes to the state that we care about most, it went RED anyways.
Plus the GOP now has a super-majority in both parts of the TN legislature. If they'll elect some majority-leaders with some stones, we can see some good stuff come out of the capitol building over the next few years. No need to "reach across the aisle". The people have given them a pretty clear mandate: "Run your platform, not theirs."
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1352298549' post='840972']

[/quote]I disagree. I wasn't talking to just 3rd party. There are plenty of eligible voters who do NOT vote. The last "report" I heard is that 60% of eligible voters do not vote.
  • Like 1

Realistically, there is zero chance of a gun grab. Who is going to vote for it? Who is going to enforce it? There is absolutely no reason to believe this, so people need to quit being paranoid about stupid stuff and start being paranoid about the real stuff.

Btw, last time I checked, people have other things that are worth fighting for and worth being vocal about...food, shelter, jobs, healthcare, education, etc. And this is a gun forum. All of us are armed to the teeth and we probably have enough arms and munitions to fight off hordes of liberal zombies.

So, if the topic must remain on guns...how bout we discuss black friday sales instead!!! :)

We still have the House, so it's unlikely any new gun laws could get through Congress. Now, UN treaties and Executive Orders are another issue.

As an aside, it looks as if a 3rd party candidate may have cost a Senate seat in MT. Doesn't sound like he's a BAD democrat, but still adds a number to the party.

[quote][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
Dan Cox, a Libertarian candidate, may also have hurt the Republican, Parker said.[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
"The spoiler may have been Dan Cox," Parker said, noting that Cox was drawing about 6% of the vote and was especially strong in rural areas that are normally heavily Republican.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

[url="http://www.cnbc.com/id/49722867"]http://www.cnbc.com/id/49722867[/url]
[quote name='ArmyVeteran37214' timestamp='1352298795' post='840974']
Well said TrickyNicky. Besides when it comes to the state that we care about most, it went RED anyways.
[/quote]
A house divided...
[quote name='SWJewellTN' timestamp='1352299285' post='840977']
I disagree. I wasn't talking to just 3rd party. There are plenty of eligible voters who do NOT vote. The last "report" I heard is that 60% of eligible voters do not vote.
[/quote]

The non voters fall into a different camp. I was just making a rebuttal to the "protest vote" side of your comment. Edited by TrickyNicky
[quote name='monkeylizard' timestamp='1352299104' post='840976']
Plus the GOP now has a super-majority in both parts of the TN legislature. If they'll elect some majority-leaders with some stones, we can see some good stuff come out of the capitol building over the next few years. No need to "reach across the aisle". The people have given them a pretty clear mandate: "Run your platform, not theirs."
[/quote]
So, what will TN do that the Feds can not now undo? Secede? I'd like to hear, please.
Remember what Obama said to Putin's minion, or are your memories that short?

"Tell Putin, after the election..."

That UN gun grab is already being calculated. Remember, Hitler succeeded doing it, effectively, without firing a shot.
[/quote]

Not going to happen. We have the seen the enemy, and he is us. The current top leadership will not be changed, and, they are trying their best to oust Matheny as I type, and will succeed. He is the last vestige of Conservative Leadership in TN, and when the new session rolls around he will be relegated to nothingness.
[quote name='quietguy' timestamp='1352299321' post='840979']
Most likely, Ginsberg and Beyer will be the first to retire. No real danger there.
[/quote]

Kennedy said he would already have retired and was postponing it till after this election, hoping for a GOP victory, so I expect him to give it up anytime.

- OS
[quote name='SWJewellTN' timestamp='1352299285' post='840977']
I disagree. I wasn't talking to just 3rd party. There are plenty of eligible voters who do NOT vote. The last "report" I heard is that 60% of eligible voters do not vote.
[/quote]

More than 50% of eligible voters vote in presidential election years except for '96.The in between year elections do indeed get well less than half.

- OS
Plus the GOP now has a super-majority in both parts of the TN legislature....[/quote]

Has been shown over and over that in our legislature, a "TN Republic" is an oxymoron.

- OS
[quote]Kennedy said he would already have retired and was postponing it till after this election, hoping for a GOP victory, so I expect him to give it up anytime.

- OS[/quote]

I may be mistaken, but didn't he state that he wouldn't retire under Oblamo?