Firearm Implications

Peace

[quote name='piercedan' timestamp='1352295866' post='840946']

I don't know but will take a guess. I think a lot of the manufacturers are running at capacity to keep up with demand. When I see government agencies buying billions of rounds, it makes me think they get priority. When you get a spike in civilian demand, they just can't make it fast enough, but expanding is dangerous because the demand may slack up.
[/quote]
That makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

I don't know but will take a guess. I think a lot of the manufacturers are running at capacity to keep up with demand. When I see government agencies buying billions of rounds, it makes me think they get priority. When you get a spike in civilian demand, they just can't make it fast enough, but expanding is dangerous because the demand may slack up.
[/quote]

This.
There are probably other factors, but it is an economics issue. Demand will likely go up (this is a good guess, because it happened last time obummer won), while supply will likely not go up very much (because manufacturers are already at or near capacity, as piercedan pointed out). This drives price up, until demand and supply settle back into an equilibrium at the higher price. That's my basic understanding from Econ 101,102 that I took over 10 years ago lol.
[quote name='Tempest455' timestamp='1352295083' post='840939']

However, the difference is, he has done [u][b]everything[/b][/u] he said he would do!
[/quote]

Except bring our troops home, fix our dept, creat new jobs, bring viable green energy to fruition, serve and protect our constitution... Edited by TrickyNicky
The supply/demand/production-capacity is why we have short-term shortages of specific calibers.

One concern regarding the long-term implications of last night[i] could[/i] be more expensive ammo beyond basic inflation or short-term shortages. With no change in control of the legislature last night*, Obama would likely have to use his executive powers to effectively create gun control laws. One way he [i]might[/i] do that would be to have the EPA or BATFE ban or more heavily regulate chemicals/substances used in ammunition. If it suddenly costs Winchester et. al. more to produce, that gets passed along to us. How much shooting would you do if WWB was $30 a box? $50 a box? $75 a box? Don't say "I'd reload" because that powder may suddenly cost 10 times what it does today, and/or you might require a special license to buy it like the EPA did with certain types of A/C refrigerant.

Or he may basically do what he has done these last 4 years...scare gun owners while not actually doing much of anything. Not for lack of desire, but for lack of importance or lack of will to expend political capital on it. I expect that the economy, budget, debt, unemployment, energy, and healthcare will be the main focus of his 2nd term, much like the 1st.

But with no need to campaign again, specific issues like gun control, gay marriage, travel to Cuba, etc. could all be up for grabs. It's a matter of weighing risk with likelihood when determining if you should stock-up or not.

*Obama wants to bring back the 1994 AWB and make it permanent. But there was a Dem House and Dem Senate at that time. Unless something happens with the mid-term elections, he won't get that luxury Bill Clinton had. Edited by monkeylizard
[quote name='Tempest455' timestamp='1352295083' post='840939']
However, the difference is, he has done [u][b]everything[/b][/u] he said he would do!
[/quote]

Yup... so did Hitler. You'd think, "Didn't anyone read Mein Kampf". If so, they would have known what was coming.... Same for Obama voters. Maybe some of them should learn to read before voting.

[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1352289522' post='840887']
There shouldn’t be. But as you can see here, it looks like we are going to do it to ourselves again. Some people don’t seem to be happy unless they are overreacting about gun laws that no one has proposed expect them. The anti’s can just set back and have a good laugh…. Again.

Luckily I’m pretty well set. I won’t need to buy anything until the prices go back down.

All the guys that got burned last go around paying hundreds more for their AR’s than they were worth will be able to unload them on a new group this time. [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/biggrin.gif[/img]
[/quote]

How can the anti's sit back and laugh about the huge gun sales?.

I'm pretty much set as well, especially on guns. I may rathole some more ammo. I like ammo :)

[/quote]
But I thought those rounds were just for practice? :D

I don't think there will be a gun grab in the sense that they go door to door. I do think Obama will look for ways to make gun ownership illegal. He will probably use the UN treaty or similar for that. Once illegal, they could confiscate guns as they present themselves, and ammo supplies would dry up if it too is illegal to sell/purchase. Eventually it would become the "new normal" and legal gun ownership would be a thing of the past.

Let's not forget that this president likes to operate around the constitution, so he will explore other avenues (UN, a more liberal supreme court, executive order, the EPA, etc). I see them going for AWB first then expanding it to other weapon types.

He said he wants to fundamentally change America. He has been doing that and will continue that quest even stronger now. He can't make us into some other depressed nation without gun control. Of course he will attempt it in some fashion.

Batman, very good, except that all you mention is already in motion.
with this election, he has fundamentally transformed this country.

Arguments can be made on either side because there is an approximately equal split now, of one side who
wants Santa Claus, like Rush said today, and the other, who want to be left alone to produce, achieve and
prosper under the original ideas the founders set up.

Razz, why would capitalism kick in and supply us the ammo? Crony capitalists just made a pact with the Devil
and will gladly produce all the government wants, as long as it gets it's cut. Capitalsm has died in this country
until enough people wake up and kick the Hell, these people in power, away.

Anyone see the stock market response, today? It's going to need more of your tax dollars if this keeps up.
What's next? Maybe two years from now a different Senate? Somehow I doubt it.