Election Results

1morethan8

• Moderators

[quote]Naw, they have get more concrete than that. I think there's just a booger in a puter chip somewhere that adds the numbers.[/quote]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Didn't consider this, it's probably the same computer chip that they install in the machines they ship to battleground states as well.[/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828] :cool:[/color][/font]

Edited by CZ9MM
If you think back, they will bounce the battleground states back and forth til 10pm cst when Kali polls close and then they will announce the winner. Seems like a good way to get people to watch TV. I am watching a movie with Tnbrat and checking numbers on the iPad every so often.
  • Moderators

Something that I am finding interesting to waste some time on is the exit polls. CNN is showing some interesting stats. I think it is interesting that the "Vote by Education" exit poll shows that (excluding postgraduate education) as people attend more school the tend to vote republican more than democrat. For the 3% of the nation that didn't graduate high school, it appears roughly 65%-75% vote democratic. Yet, somehow the "enlightened" democratic party presents itself as the party of the intelligent and that republicans all sit around near shacks all day and play the banjo back and forth.

:yum: <-- [i][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]He got a real pretty mouth ain't he?[/size][/font][/color][/i]

Edited by CZ9MM
[font="Verdana"][size="2"][color="#191970"]I heard an interesting interview a few weeks ago on the radio by what appeared a well schooled individual on the history of a democratic society back to early times.

He explained how over time, people who work and produce eventually become the minority. People that expect free stuff and have the entitlement mentality, eventually overcome the workers in population and thus, the decay of society.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............[/color][/size][/font]
  • Like 1
[quote name='Tempest455' timestamp='1352260042' post='840672']
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#191970]I heard an interesting interview a few weeks ago on the radio by what appeared a well schooled individual on the history of a democratic society back to early times.

He explained how over time, people who work and produce eventually become the minority. People that expect free stuff and have the entitlement mentality, eventually overcome the workers in population and thus, the decay of society.

[/quote]

Sounds like you're on to something.
  • Moderators
[quote]I heard an interesting interview a few weeks ago on the radio by what appeared a well schooled individual on the history of a democratic society back to early times.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............[/quote]

Although I believe the following quote is "debunked" as to have come from any of our founding fathers, I still personally believe it is true to our current society regardless of who said it:

[b][i][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 204)]A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury.[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i][/b]
[quote name='Tempest455' timestamp='1352260042' post='840672']
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#191970]I heard an interesting interview a few weeks ago on the radio by what appeared a well schooled individual on the history of a democratic society back to early times.

[/quote]yeah you're definitely on to something there .
Ohio was just called for Obama a few minutes ago...baring a true miracle, the communist who hates America and doesn't give a #### about the Constitution will get four more years.

For months now, quite a few folks here have complained that Romney wasn’t “this” or wasn’t “that” or wasn’t Ron Paul or wasn’t substantially different from Obama, etc., etc., and while Tennessee strongly went for Romney; it looks like those who didn’t want Romney to win will get their wish.

Obama will likely get to nominate two and maybe as many as four anti-gun and for that matter, anti-Constitution Supreme Court justices…he’ll get to keep spending trillions of dollars we don’t have to give away, to those who don’t work, the stuff we work our ass off to provide for our family….his bureaucrats will get to decide if we are important enough to society to get cancer treatment or just get some pain pills and told to go home…we’ll get to pay more for gasoline and food and what kind of light bulbs we are allowed to have and it won’t be long until what was the United States looks exactly like Spain and Italy and France and every other bankrupt European country.

I guess we simply no longer have a country of people who are willing to work for what they have; rather, we simply have a country filled with people who think they are entitled simply because they haven’t assumed room temperature.

Maybe the house will grow a backbone and stop some of what Obama wants to do but I don't think they have the balls to do it. Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352262689' post='840748']
Ohio was just called for Obama a few minutes ago...baring a true miracle, the communist who hates America and doesn't give a #### about the Constitution will get four more years.

For months now, quite a few folks here have complained that Romney wasn’t “this” or wasn’t “that” or wasn’t Ron Paul or wasn’t substantially different from Obama, etc., etc., and while Tennessee strongly went for Romney; it looks like those who didn’t want Romney to win will get their wish.

Obama will likely get to nominate two and maybe as many as four anti-gun and for that matter, anti-Constitution Supreme Court justices…he’ll get to keep spending trillions of dollars we don’t have to give away, to those who don’t work, the stuff we work our ass off to provide for our family….his bureaucrats will get to decide if we are important enough to society to get cancer treatment or just get some pain pills and told to go home…we’ll get to pay more for gasoline and food and what kind of light bulbs we are allowed to have and it won’t be long until what was the United States looks exactly like Spain and Italy and France and every other bankrupt European country.

I guess we simply no longer have a country of people who are willing to work for what they have; rather, we simply have a country filled with people who think they are entitled simply because they haven’t assumed room temperature.

Maybe the house will grow a backbone and stop some of what Obama wants to do but I don't think they have the balls to do it.
[/quote]

The senate can filibuster an appointment.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1352263015' post='840760']
The senate can filibuster an appointment.
[/quote] What evidence have you seen to suggest that there are enough Senators with the balls to do so???

Some may bluster but the R's didn't have the guts to stand up against the D's when the R's had the majority and a R president; if anything, those idiots have even less of a backbone than the House. Edited by RobertNashville
[quote name='CZ9MM' timestamp='1352260355' post='840686']
Although I believe the following quote is "debunked" as to have come from any of our founding fathers, I still personally believe it is true to our current society regardless of who said it:

[b][i][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 204)]A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury.[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i][/b]
[/quote]

Paraphrase from Alexis de Tocqueville. Check him out, pretty fascinating guy.

He also coined "we get the government we deserve".

- OS
  • Like 1
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352263221' post='840769']
What evidence have you seen to suggest that there are enough Senators with the balls to do so???

Some may bluster but the R's didn't have the guts to stand up against the D's when the R's had the majority and a R president; if anything, those idiots have even less of a backbone than the House.
[/quote]

They'll filibuster a tree trimming contract in a national park. Why wouldn't they stop something as big as a bad appointment?
Because of the concept now that presidents get who they want and the senate allows it. They do not hardly even look at people anymore, just look at the folks we had appointed four years ago - a treasury secretary that was so smart Turbo Tax was to complicated for him.
Well, it looks like those "biased polls" were right all along. I can't say I'm surprised. Perhaps the GOP will be a better candidate next time who people actually like though I don't think Jesus Christ himself could have surpassed Obummer in this election.

We can sit here and bitch and moan for 4 years or we can accept the fact that Obama is our president and just pray things don't get worse. I'm not going to live my life in fear because everyone on this site claims the sky is falling. Let's try to stay positive. Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352292666' post='840918']
I guess you mean like they filibustered the last two Constitution hating appointments, correct? :)
[/quote]
exactly!! With Republican senators like Alexander and Corker, it might as well be all democrats. Besides, the senate has allowed themselves to be castrated by Obama's executive orders. He will do whatever he wants and the senate won't do a damn thing.