Election Results

1morethan8

[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1352253225' post='840505']
Romney is getting crushed in NH and OH. Not what I was hoping to see.
[/quote]

Looking good in VA.
Ahead, but still squeakers in FL, NC.

Just lost PA.

My prediction, state by state, is so far holding firm. Unfortunately.

And I gave Mitt Wisconsin. Looks like might not happen.

---------------

[img]http://routedriver.home.comcast.net/pub/misc/election/myprediction.gif[/img]

- OS Edited by OhShoot
[quote name='CZ9MM' timestamp='1352254403' post='840524']
Fox is currently reporting that Florida has Romney with 3,000 more votes than Obama...76% reporting. Can we say [i]close[/i]?
[/quote]

Flipping back and forth, NBC just had Romney ahead of Obama by a whopping 193 votes in Florida.
[quote name='maroonandwhite' timestamp='1352254545' post='840530']
NBC has Florida to Romney by 193 votes. THAT is close.
[/quote] No way. That one will go on until tomorrow. Edited by 6.8 AR
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352254627' post='840534']
No way. That one will go on until tomorrow.
[/quote]

Might not matter. NC was supposed to be a lock. Not.

Just lost Wisc and even I had given him that in a loss.

Looking like Mitt may indeed get popular vote. That's going to be salt in the wounds.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
  • Moderators
Something I have never understood, granted I've only been "aware" of roughly the last 3 elections, is how can they "award" some states so early? For example, WI is now blue, but only 2% have supposedly reported and it is approximately 39k to 37k. How is this at all statistically correct? Someone care to chime in with either affirming or rebutting comments?
[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1352256266' post='840567']
ABC news actually has Romney ahead in WI. I'm thinking Obama will win Florida though so it really doesn't matter.
[/quote]

Something weird going on there with data feed or something, Fox has called Wis for Obama, but the scroll showed Mitt's % as higher.

- OS
  • Moderators

Exactly what I am talking about:

Just saw a headline that says WI goes to Obama, Ohio (with a few other states) too close too call. HOWEVER, when you click on WI it actually shows Romney is ahead. Either there is some sort of huge delay between the data coming in and being updated on the sites vs the data coming in and making determinations about who is ahead. Even though it isn't at all looking as good as I believe most of us had hoped, I'm also thinking that perhaps the map will be "shooken" up a little bit when we wake up? Perhaps I am just clinging to one last thread of hope (along with my guns and religion? :stunned: ).

[quote name='CZ9MM' timestamp='1352255692' post='840556']
Something I have never understood, granted I've only been "aware" of roughly the last 3 elections, is how can they "award" some states so early? For example, WI is now blue, but only 2% have supposedly reported and it is approximately 39k to 37k. How is this at all statistically correct? Someone care to chime in with either affirming or rebutting comments?
[/quote]

I think something's squirrely with the actual numbers on Wisc. Seen several things that didn't make sense, some glitch in data stream or something maybe. CBS has called it for Obama too.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
  • Moderators
[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Something weird going on there with data feed or something, Fox has called Wis for Obama, but the scroll showed Mitt's % as higher.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- OS[/font][/color][/quote]

Exactly!

[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Something I have never understood, granted I've only been "aware" of roughly the last 3 elections, is how can they "award" some states so early? For example, WI is now blue, but only 2% have supposedly reported and it is approximately 39k to 37k. How is this at all statistically correct? Someone care to chime in with either affirming or rebutting comments?[/font][/color][/b]

Perhaps the "awarding" takes into account historical wins, exit polls, current data, along with many other things? Because otherwise I just don't understand how the "awarding" works on many of these networks.
[quote name='CZ9MM' timestamp='1352256843' post='840582']
Exactly!

[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Something I have never understood, granted I've only been "aware" of roughly the last 3 elections, is how can they "award" some states so early? For example, WI is now blue, but only 2% have supposedly reported and it is approximately 39k to 37k. How is this at all statistically correct? Someone care to chime in with either affirming or rebutting comments?[/font][/color][/b]

Perhaps the "awarding" takes into account historical wins, exit polls, current data, along with many other things? Because otherwise I just don't understand how the "awarding" works on many of these networks.
[/quote]

Naw, they have get more concrete than that. I think there's just a booger in a puter chip somewhere that adds the numbers.

- OS
  • Moderators
Well even though I am rather quite disappointed currently, due to these "discrepancies" in reporting data vs blue and red states, I am honestly wondering how much good it actually does to try and keep up with this stuff live. If a person were able, it would truly be better to just put the election away and not take part in the rollarcoaster ride of instantaneous data. Imagine what it would have been like a bit over a hundred years ago when it wasn't as simple as turning on the TV and seeing what states were reporting when. Educate yourself, vote accordingly, and go to sleep. Wakeup and either celebrate or curse, and then go along with your daily life as much as possible for as long as possible.