Election Results

1morethan8

[quote name='1morethan8' timestamp='1352226366' post='840126']
This may be a good site to watch...

[url="http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/"]http://www.politico....President/2012/[/url]
[/quote]

How/why is ongoing tally already posted for New Hampshire?

- OS
[quote name='UncleJak' timestamp='1352227071' post='840136']
I think it is where New Hampshire has those towns that do midnight voting. And They have like 10 voters, all of which have voted.
[/quote]

I didn't know it was even legal to release any results for public dissemiantion until the polls closed, but you're right, so I guess it is:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/first-votes-tallied-in-two-n-h-villages-20121106

- OS
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352233064' post='840239']
FOX News on the TV is about all I'll pay attention to, other than Drudge. There are too many places to choose from.
[/quote]

I have become somewhat addicted to flipping back and forth between Fox and MSNBC.

If Romney wins, I'll probably watch a lot of MSNBC for a couple days, just gotta see the dejection of Sharpton, Matthews, Shultz, Maddow, etc. That would be a thrill up MY leg!

- OS Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 7
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352233064' post='840239']FOX News on the TV is about all I'll pay attention to, other than Drudge. There are too many places to choose from.[/quote]

That's the only thing I miss after dropping satellite TV. I rather watch news than surf it.

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352233532' post='840249']
I have become somewhat addicted to flipping back and forth between Fox and MSNBC.

If Romney wins, I'll probably watch a lot of MSNBC for a couple days, just gotta see the dejection of Sharpton, Matthews, Shultz, Maddow, etc. That would be a thrill up MY leg!

- OS
[/quote]That would be a good reason to. Seeing Chris Matthews cry would make me laugh. Well, the whole bunch of them
would be crying for some time. Racism, sexism, those Republican cheaters. I can imagine that channel having a collective
stroke. I might join you after thinking about it. :D

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352227917' post='840148']
I didn't know it was even legal to release any results for public dissemiantion until the polls closed, but you're right, so I guess it is:

[url="http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/first-votes-tallied-in-two-n-h-villages-20121106"]http://www.nationalj...llages-20121106[/url]

- OS
[/quote]

It shouldn't be.
[quote name='mcurrier' timestamp='1352237938' post='840316']
It shouldn't be.
[/quote]I don't think there is any law about one way or the other but I seem to recall that most news organizations agreed to hold results until after the polls closed in, at least, the western states.

I lived in the Seattle area back when the peanut farmer won and the networks were announcing him as the winner (and he may even have made his victory speech) quite a while before the polls even closed in Washington and I think there was quite an outcry from Washington, California, etc which caused the networks to change their policies.
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352233532' post='840249']

- OS
[/quote]

I want Obama to lose for all the right reasons. But, I wanna see some suffering from a few. Good suggestion on watching MSNBC.

Frankly, I think I'm going to head over to Nashville Armory to do a little plinking with a brand new Ruger SR22 I just picked up last week then hang out a bit in the lounge for a few minutes to see what they are saying on the news before heading home - a little practice seems like a good idea no matter who wins, albeit perhaps for different reasons. ;)

Edited by RobertNashville
Politico will spin the results like they had it right, all along. They will report the results okay, though.
The networks will get the results out quicker, I think. I hate refreshing pages all the time.
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352242535' post='840383']
Politico will spin the results like they had it right, all along. They will report the results okay, though.
The networks will get the results out quicker, I think. I hate refreshing pages all the time.
[/quote]

It updates automatic.
[quote name='Sam1' timestamp='1352250777' post='840477']One of my family members just posted this on their wall... This is no joke

[IMG]http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff486/samgallagher/ScreenShot2012-11-06at70027PM.png[/IMG][/quote]

Lmao! I think everyone has a family member like that.
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352242535' post='840383']
[/quote]

Yeah, this one sucks. Stays way behind several others.

- OS