A Last Minute Appeal To Libertarians And Non-Voters

[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1351979395' post='838486']
Maybe so, but I am of the camp that thinks it will be a landslide, come Wednesday morning...[/quote]

Gawd, you are still such a Pollyanna. ;)

[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1351984772' post='838519']
I don't expect Johnson to get over 1% in most states.
[/quote]

Maybe New Mexico.

Overall will be about like last election, Bob Barr got .4% nationwide. I'd say GJ will get even less, seems voters are even more polarized this time to dump or keep Hussein, even though there are only a few folks in Utah who really really do want Mitt. :)

- OS

i voted for old gary. id like to see him get 5% of the vote. of course thats wishful thinking. but maybe next election we could get a canidate that represents my beliefs
[quote name='zort' timestamp='1351986067' post='838528']
i voted for old gary. id like to see him get 5% of the vote. of course thats wishful thinking. but maybe next election we could get a canidate that represents my beliefs
[/quote]

He won't get .5%. That's POINT 5, or 1/2 of 1 percent.

The most any Libertarian has [i]ever[/i] gotten was 1.06%. And they're the largest third party.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
Guest ThePunisher
[quote name='SlapChopDonkey' timestamp='1351980173' post='838494']
I'm not a republican. I have voted for some republicans in the past. I have also voted for some democrats. I believe in very limited government. Not expanding its size, power, and spending. If republicans want my vote in the future, they can run a conservative candidate. If not, I'll vote for someone else. That is the beauty of free elections. I will not, however, just give them my vote because their guy is slightly less liberal than the other guy.
[/quote]

If you're for limited government, why did you ever vote for a democrat; the democrat party's whole platform is based on more government because you are not capable of making good decicisions for yourself and family. They want you to go to teacher union controlled public schools to keep you ignorant so that you won't ever vote for a republican, and that you not ever experience the American dream.
Guest Lester Weevils

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1351985692' post='838526']
Overall will be about like last election, Bob Barr got .4% nationwide. I'd say GJ will get even less, seems voters are even more polarized this time to dump or keep Hussein, even though there are only a few folks in Utah who really really do want Mitt. :)
[/quote]

Yep, most likely < 1 percent this time around. In the two decades I've been paying attention to third party turnouts, the third-party percentage has been consistently gradually falling. This time around there are enough people mad as hell and ain't gonna take it any more that maybe the percentage will rise and break the recent trend. OTOH every election has no shortage of people mad as hell and ain't gonna take it anymore.

Every time have been surprised how few people step out of the two-party system, compared to how easy it is to find folk online or in my community who claim to have swore off the two major parties. So dunno what to expect. When in doubt, the safest bet is "about the same as before with little if any change". The two major parties strategy for suppressing third party turnout is to convince people that everybody will die and cats will sleep with dogs unless the lesser of evils is elected. Major parties been crying wolf so long eventually people will quit listening? Then again maybe people never learn. Maybe the major parties finally got too good at the art of propaganda.

Though previous generations can give the impression of being more "conventional and hide-bound" than nowadays, our dads and grand-dads were statistically much more likely to step out of the two-party box. Some of the third-party candidates in the 1940's thru 1960's, they never won but in some localities, won percentages that, if modern greens or libertarians ever got that high a turnout they would think they died and went to heaven. Some states and elections, the third party guy won more votes than the losing candidate of the two major parties. Especially dixiecrats and American Independent party.

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1351961040' post='838374']

Because such can not win the presidency anymore. If you think so, you don't understand the US electorate as now exists.

No true conservative will ever be president here again until perhaps after a major internal meltdown; if indeed we're still electing presidents at all after that.

- OS
[/quote]
[quote name='ThePunisher' timestamp='1351986956' post='838535']

If you're for limited government, why did you ever vote for a democrat...[/quote]

Because at the township / county level, at least years ago in Indiana, many of the local republicans were well entrenched incumbents who couldn't even spell conservative. A lot of great young candidates were able to run under the local democratic party in an effort to unseat them. They mostly failed due to lack of money to campaign with. But, they had good, community instead of govt. based approaches to our problems.
I don't care which party a candidate belongs to, I care about their ideas and policies. Voting solely based on party just doesn't make sense to me.
  • Like 1
[quote name='seez52' timestamp='1351990147' post='838565']
I'm not so sure. If O gets back in people may be clamoring for a real conservative in 4 years.
[/quote]

If O gets back in, what makes you sure there will be an election in four years?
[quote name='SlapChopDonkey' timestamp='1351990269' post='838568']

Because at the township / county level, at least years ago in Indiana, many of the local republicans were well entrenched incumbents who couldn't even spell conservative. A lot of great young candidates were able to run under the local democratic party in an effort to unseat them. They mostly failed due to lack of money to campaign with. But, they had good, community instead of govt. based approaches to our problems.
I don't care which party a candidate belongs to, I care about their ideas and policies. Voting solely based on party just doesn't make sense to me.
[/quote]

Lemmings?
[quote name='Chucktshoes' timestamp='1351984921' post='838522']
Saving this for posterity. The absurdity of this post is completely awesome. Thank you for the laugh, I needed it.
[/quote]
Anytime!

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1351985692' post='838526']
Gawd, you are still such a Pollyanna. ;)

Maybe New Mexico.

- OS
[/quote]I try, sometimes. :D

[quote name='seez52' timestamp='1351990147' post='838565']
I'm not so sure. If O gets back in people may be clamoring for a real conservative in 4 years.
[/quote]

Nah. Would still scare well over 50% of the electorate.

GOP hasn't been able to get the black vote since, well maybe never, but will surely have to find a way to embrace the soon to be Mexican Majority and also get out of womb control.

Besides the near 100% of the black vote, single women and Hispanics will swing this one for O.

- OS
The black vote is what 97% Obama, that is the ones who vote? How many
single women vote?
I know the women voting didn't buy into
the so-called War on Women and they
appear to be turning against Obama.
Don't know how many Hispanics there
will be voting. Aren't they primarily
Catholic? That should take care of
a lot of Hispanics.
Yep, interesting come Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The black vote is what 97% Obama, that is the ones who vote? How many
single women vote?
Don't know how many Hispanics there
will be voting. Aren't they primarily
Catholic? That should take care of
a lot of Hispanics.
Yep, interesting come Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1351999356' post='838689']

[/quote]

Overall, O still seems to have about 6-8% lead with all de wimmen. Unmarried and younger are the main strength demographic I believe.

Women were 53% of total electorate in '08.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
In our church, no one will say "Vote for Obama" or "Vote for Romney." It just isn't done. And rightfully so. There is a lot of preaching involving reestablishing the Freedom of Religion, and the unacceptable, intrinsic sinfulness of certain platforms, and how to vote for them would put your eternal Soul in peril

However, at the end of Mass, we Pray for Our Country, with an Our Father and a Hail Mary. At the Saturday evening Mass, these prayers were the loudest and most fervent part of the Mass. These prayers were actually Shouted Out.

I can only hope that Obama is repudiated in the election with a vote total so large that the cheating and the vote stealing and the corruption is just overwhelmed. I'm hoping for at least a 53-47 election, but I'm praying for at least a 55-45 spread for Romney.

Regardless, we are going to be stuck with Obama as an ex-president for DECADES. This is beyond partisan political calculations. I can be as partisan as the next guy in a contentious election, but this election is well beyond partisanship. The Obammunist has triggered the fear response in many Citizens and as a result I predict a huge turnout to Vote. Him. Down.

In my opinion, Obama is an Evil man who has embedded his Evil minions in our government. It is going to take years to clean up the damage this Evil man has accomplished. The Evil this man can accomplish still lies in front of us -- think bomb-throwing, anti-American ex-president Carter on steroids. Edited by QuietDan
This has been a nail-biter of an election. Since I have already voted, it doesn't matter much what I think of one candidate or the other. I have now left the ultimate decision before God Almighty, Who gives authority and takes it away. I ask Him to weigh both candidates in the balance and judge their hearts. I firmly believe that God loves righteousness and hates evil, therefore I pray that He will reward the man with the character most like His to be given the office for the next four years. It's the best "not my will, but thine be done" kind of prayer I can muster. It also relieves me of a lot of anxiety, as I also believe that God will not forsake them that are His.
  • Like 3
[quote name='gun sane' timestamp='1352006037' post='838732']

I firmly believe that God loves righteousness and hates evil, therefore I pray that He will reward the man with the character most like His to be given the office for the next four years.
[/quote]

So, the office will be empty for the forseeable future?
  • Like 4

[quote name='LINKS2K' timestamp='1352016949' post='838749']

So, the office will be empty for the forseeable future?[/quote]

I'm sorry but that's funny.

My Dad firmly believes in the "protest vote". He & I agree on most things, except that. I don't believe that the 3rd party vote is just another vote for O but I do believe it's one less for R. I'm sorry to say, that there isn't enough people that will bother to look at anyone other thank the Ds or Rs. Therefore, in my opinion, voting for the lesser of two evils is the only way to make myself heard.

It's simple to me. There's no way the 3rd party will be elected. So, I have to turn my attention to the candidates that stand a chance. If I'm prepared accept the last four years & take a chance that if given, O will change...that's the way I vote. If I'm unhappy with things the way they are now & want a guaranteed change, I vote R.

Now I'm not saying that my guaranteed change will be better than what we've got, but I hope so. I would rather take a chance on R because I've already seen what O has done.

TNBrat :) Hiding in the woods… ;)

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352001618' post='838712']
Overall, O still seems to have about 6-8% lead with all de wimmen. Unmarried and younger are the main strength demographic I believe.

Women were 53% of total electorate in '08.

- OS
[/quote]The younger single women won't turn out like they did in 08. They're part of the crowd who typically doesn't vote
and the student vote is down this time. What I've seen is that women are stronger for Romney this time. Don't know.

There are a lot of Reagan Democrats(undecided) who are probably going for Romney this time, also. PA now shows
a tie between the two, right now, and the spin is hilarious with Axelrod. He's saying Romney is desperate and moving
to other states to try to hang on. If he is tied in Ohio and PA, I think the momentum is moving toward Romney.

This guy isn't voting.
I refuse to vote for a gun grabbing, pussy legislating ex-governor that left his state in economic ruins.
And I see no reason to waste my time voting for O (or 3rd party) in this state with this winner take all EC system.

:meh:

Guest ThePunisher
Clinton got credit for a good economy and welfare reform, but had a republican majority in congress that controlled the purse strings. Romney gets the blame in Mass. for everything bad, but had a 87% majority controlled Libtard state legislature.