Quality of Rossi?

Are Rossi Revolvers good quality?

I only know of one person who owns one (I do not know the model, but it is a .357) and he has had no problems with it.

I would like to buy a .357 mag just because, and I have been looking at a Taurus at Guns & Ammo for $339, and I like it, but I just wondering bout the quality of the Rossi brand?

Any suggestions, opinions, and or thoughts will be appreciated.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strelcevina

i have SS M88 .38 special for 9years now. 1000% reliable.

i don't even know how many thousands rounds i shoot true it.

it looks brand new today.

great little revolver

Guest DrBoomBoom

I've got a Rossi 3" .44spl 5-shot hammerless revolver. Got it used, put about 300 rounds through it. It's a good shooter, no problems.

Guest db99wj

I have a Rossi snubby .38. I bought new in 1994, can't recall the model, wood grip. I have never had a problem with it. Don't shoot it much. Don't like the wood grips, trying to find some new rubber grips for it. I use it as a secondary carry. It is pretty accurate. If I can find a bigger rubber grip I will be more happy with it.

Guest Glknknox

I bought my mother one in 357.

I've heard a few bad things about them, but I hear that about a lot of guns that are just fine.

I shot a box of ammo through it, worked just as good as any other "wheel" gun I've used.

Pretty decent for the price.

This depends on what you mean by the word "quality". If you are asking if the gun will go bang with as few issues as any other brand, then yes, I would concur that it is a quality gun. This is the functional side of quality.

Now the next thing is fit, finish, feel, and polish. This includes all those tactile delights that can't be measured the same as functionality. Does everything work smoothly, line up nicely, lock up like a bank vault, etc? Do you enjoy using the gun? This is where the differences lie. Both a Ford Focus and a Ferrari F50 will transport you from your residence to your place of work. What is your desire? (and budget!?) If all I need to do is get to work, then the Ford is great. (I drive a FoMoCo product myself) If you want the thrill of the best there is, and have the money, the F50 (or any other fine Ferrari product) is the way to go.

Why do you want the gun and what is your budget? I believe a Rossi is probably a fine choice for a defensive handgun, and just as good for a range gun, too. I have shot a few different ones and they have all worked flawlessly. However, I find myself seeking guns with a little more panache. This is just my personal opinion and not meant as any sort of flame, or to step on anyone's toes.

So far my favorite 357 has been my 6" S&W 19-3, with a good 4"-6" 686 coming a close second. This is because I have not had the chance to shoot guns like Korths, Freedom Arms, or other high end guns, nor the money to purchase them at this point. I have found a great mix of price and performance in my current collection.

Edited by musicman
Guest NormShaver

i have one in .38 special but i hardly ever shot it, i like my S&W's better, but i don't recall having any problems with it.

I have a compensated .357 3" barrel M971 that has seen a lot of rounds and has never failed. My wife don't really want it anymore she has lost her interest in guns. I am looking to trade it for a new carry gun.

Guest gunslinger707

I have a Rossi .38 snubbie i aquired in the early 90's found a set of original Rossi rubber grip's for it .Fit and finish is fine shoot's good great little weapon for the money.I also recently purchased a Taurus ultra lite in .38 another Snubbie DAO again fine little weapon for the money.

Guest Jamesmb

My brother has a Rossi 462 which is a SS 2" snubbie. Bought new this year, but after about 300 to 400 rounds total he has shot thorough it, I noticed this problem last week when he was in town, we were at gunnys and after a few shots the cylinder would not move to the next chamber. The little piece which goes into the cylinder slots was sticking. We oiled it and seemed to work for a bit but then was doing it again. Not sure if it just needs a good cleaning and oiling or if this is going to become a problem.

Also with same gun, after about 200 to 300 shots the thumbpiece will loosen up, neither one of us has used revolvers long enough to know if this is a regular problem or not. He just tighten the screw so much, not overtight, and seems to be holding ok now. It was loose enough though the the thumbpiece just about came off. I had a well used S & W model 19 which did the same thing though.

Guest Jamesmb

The Rossi is not my problem, its my brothers and from what I have read on other forums about Rossi, he is not the only one.

The worn out model 19 I had just had alot of problems, that I shouldnt have bought.

Guest db99wj
I have a Rossi .38 snubbie i aquired in the early 90's found a set of original Rossi rubber grip's for it .Fit and finish is fine shoot's good great little weapon for the money.I also recently purchased a Taurus ultra lite in .38 another Snubbie DAO again fine little weapon for the money.

Do you happen to know or remember who made those grips? Little wood grips suck.

Guest db99wj

Cheap little factory grips that are on my Rossi suck. High end wood grips not included.

Those are purdy. I would put them on my Rossi in a heartbeat..Be back later, googling Ahrens!

Guest gunslinger707
Do you happen to know or remember who made those grips? Little wood grips suck

db99wj the grip's were made by Rossi I have no idea where to find another set like them. I'm not sure but i think a set for a square butt S/W would fit.

Guest db99wj
Do you happen to know or remember who made those grips? Little wood grips suck

db99wj the grip's were made by Rossi I have no idea where to find another set like them. I'm not sure but i think a set for a square butt S/W would fit.

Thanks.