your thoughts on psa ar-15's

Guest rustygun

Guest rustygun

I am looking to buy an AR and i like rock river but have been offered a psa gun. I dont know much about psa but i havent heard anyone talk about them much so any opinions would be great.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I built a full PSA gun last year, right as they were getting big.

I had an excellent experience, it was easy to assemble and it has functioned flawlessly for me.

I have run 1000-1500 mixed rounds through it. Brass, steel, .223, 5.56, 55gr, 62gr, etc.. It has been great through it all.

I have more PSA parts laying around and I don't have any doubt of their functionality or quality.

I have put together 6 of these rifles now. 4 for me and a couple for some buddies. The daily deals get you hooked and find yourself ordering stuff "just cause". I think I am one brown box away from being single again. They are a great product. All of mine have gone together easily and function flawlessly.

Guest iScream

I bought four PSA stripped lowers during the ar15.com group buy, nearly two years ago. Then I bought two of their build kits during that group by. Those are the only two lowers I've built from scratch and they went together very nicely.

I've had the chance to shoot AR's with lowers from five different manufacturers, three of which were on rifles I owned so I spent a lot of time with them. Those include PSA, DPMS, Olympic, Colt and Bushmaster. While they are all supposed to be milspec, the PSA trigger has a noticeably better feel than the others. And I don't think that's a fluke since I have two of their lowers and both triggers feel good. Of course, "good" is relative to other AR triggers, not truly good triggers. Not sure if that's just from a smoother finish or if they are machined with slightly different angles on the seers and such.

One of the two lowers is on the rifle I posted yesterday, mentioned above. And I obviously priced that rifle just a bit too cheap since I had four people tell me they would take it within 7 hours of posting the ad and another this morning. :-)

Still have two of the stripped lowers, with sequential serial numbers, in the safe. I'm hoping to build a pistol on one and a SBR on the other.

Edited by iScream

I would get a PSA over a RRA. General reputation as of lately and personal experience. I had a RRA back when that had a canted FSB, and I lived in a college apartment with no tools to fix it.

If I needed a handy coyote gun or paper popper, I wouldn't pass up a really good deal on a PSA.

Guest rustygun

Thanks for all the comments it is greatly appreciated. I would have loved to have that psa iScream posted but for some reason it wouldnt let me post to his add. So if anybody comes across one for a good deal let me know. I have a new springfield xdm 9mm compact with essential pack i would like to use for trade.

Thanks for all the comments it is greatly appreciated. I would have loved to have that psa iScream posted but for some reason it wouldnt let me post to his add. ...

You can't post in Trading Post threads unless you are Benefactor. Don't need to either as a buyer.

Private message the seller. That's how it's done by everyone.

- OS

Does PSA make any of their own parts?

Don't think so, just careful about who does.

Most all their barrels are made by FN for example, which apparently has a facility near them. That relationship may actually be one of the springboards for their success, just guessing.

Do any of the major AR brands actually "make" any of their components. even the most expensive ones? Maybe LMT or a couple of others?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Don't think so, just careful about who does.

Most all their barrels are made by FN for example, which apparently has a facility near them. That relationship may actually be one of the springboards for their success, just guessing.

Do any of the major AR brands actually "make" any of their components. even the most expensive ones? Maybe LMT or a couple of others?

- OS

I'm glad. They sure seem to have a lot of satisfied customers.