What happened to this guy?

So a new buck showed up on the cam lastnight and it appears as though he has a pretty major wound. It seems as though he is getting around ok but do any of you have a clue as to what it could be from? Only thing I could think of is maybe he was gored by another buck,but I really have no clue.

inj2.jpg

inj.jpg

inj1.jpg

• Like 1

Im hoping he comes out some during daylight so I can get some better pictures of it and maybe a better idea of what happened. I thought maybe a fence at first but the actual hole doesnt look like it would have the right angle unless it was a through and through in which case I would think he would have been permanently stuck on it.

If you see the black panther that cut that buck....

DON'T SHOOT THE PANTHER!

It could cost you $500,000 plus, and civil penalties of up to $25,000, plus one year in jail!

It is on the Endangered Species Act list.

I do know of one that has been shot and killed... but I'm not going to say much about it!

All local game agencies deny black panthers and Twra denies any lions in the state. Where I come from that means fair game.

But that buck got jacked up by something. My guess a fence or car

But..but.. it's not a local game agency.. or TWRA thang! Can you say FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!?

Well he came out this morning like I had hoped for unfortunately he never showed me the injury. However you can see where the skin looks ripped and blown out almost looks like an exit hole on a paint can or something. Any idea what the dark spot on his front left shoulder/chest could be,what are the odds of a buck getting shot where the little spot is and the bullet exiting in front of his hip but on the same side and it surviving,seems like that bullet would cause a ton of damage on a trip that far through the deer???

injj.jpg

Edited by ~48_South~

I would say he had been fighting with another buck. I've taken a few that was marked-up good from fighting with an eye out, or an ear that was cut.

No telling for sure.

What he said! I think this boy has been doing a little sparring!

Dave S

I need to get a few trail cameras, I have a large black cat I would love to catch...as if I had something to prove?

I do have several deer to visit out back, last week I took this picture just before dark...

backydeer.jpg

Pat(wife) told me last week two bucks were fighting in the back yard... I looked and told her that was the twin six-pointers just playing. I saw them several times when they were fawns.

Here is a picture of one of the twins...

IMG_1795.jpg

Pat has already said the deer in the back are "off-limits". I think my son has talker her into taking a buck?

This years garden ended up being called "deer food"... so he may talk her into taking one?

This 8-pointer walked by the back deck last year...

deer1.jpg

deer2.jpg

Didn't get a picture of the "Big 12", only saw him one morning... and he was in a hurry!

That buck would have booked!

Best at ya!

-Wayne