Romanian LPS illum reticle scope, BATTERY Illum.

Guest 70below

Guest 70below

I have a romanian LPS 4x6 scope from 1974. This model doesn't have the tritium illumination like most of the LPS 4x6 TIP2's, it has a power switch, some sort of powered illumination, bulb or diode of some sort, and takes two AA batteries (or at least, thats what fits in the tube). Does anyone know anything about this model? Its not russian writing on the scope, but is a similar concept to the PSO scopes. I've been unable to find anything about this scope so far, anybody know anything about it or where I could get parts for it? Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

What parts are you needing?

Have you tried Kalinka Optics or Rus Military? Kalinka can be sketchy, but I think it's a communication issue more than a lack of professionalism. Both of those places turn up some nifty, nifty stuff packed in that funny paper that will poison you and cause you to go blind.

I'd also ask at one of the websites dedicated to military surplus battle rifles.

Guest 70below

Primarily I'm wanting replacement bulbs as it seems the one in it is shot, I don't want to order a bunch until I'm sure I know what I need. There are a couple small screws missing, that I'm sure I could probably find something that worked eventually, but I thought maybe I could find the right ones if I can identify the scope. The scope is interesting to me too, I've never heard of scope from romania of that era that has illumination, so I'm curious about it. I thought about getting on dragunov.net and inquiring about it, but I've noticed quite a bit of mis-information on there.

Guest 70below

Assuming the PSO bulbs work, I'm guessing I would need the 3v bulb since I have 2 1.5v AA batteries in sequence, correct? Where can I find the LED? I was going to order a bulb from Kalinka but they seem to only have the bulb type. I see lots of references to the LED's and seems like that would be the way to go for longer lasting batteries. I stuck a LED bore light up the hole for the bulb and it illuminated my reticle great!