My Glock Story

knox

I really liked my Ruger SR9c. It was affordable, well made, got rave reviews, and looked much like a Glock inside and out. But, when I shot it, I pulled low and left. I had another guy shoot it, and he was center mass. So it wasn't the gun, it was me.

So I bought a Glock 19. Didn't shoot it at all until my Carry Permit class on Saturday. I LOVE THE GLOCK!

Guest jaybo86

I have owned and tried to like several other pistols some I liked ok and lots I didn't , but when it comes down to it the Glock took the cake so now I've got a 35,30,23,and 19

WARNING: May be habit forming :rock:

Congrats on your new Glock!

Edited by jaybo86

Yes. I already want another Glock. Don't need one. But I want one.

I white lettered mine too. I wasn't going to, because I didn't know if it was cheesy or not. But I like the way it looks. And it is more subtle than it appears in pictures.

Aint no doubt, like many I've have tried the rest. I really hoped the M&P's would have taken me off my Glock fetish but still to date, there's not a modern pistol out there I can shoot and use easier than the Glock brand. Caliber doesn't really matter though I'd rather have a 1911 than a Glock in .45.

I have many Glocks

I have many mags for my Glocks

I have much ammo for my mags for my Glocks.

I am happily addicted. :pleased:

• Like 2

For years, I simply avoided Glocks. Thougt they were ugly. Didn't much care for how they felt in my hands. After a good friend suggested the G19, I finally broke down and bought my first Glock a few months ago. Gen4 Glock 19. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GUN!!! Bought my 2nd Glock (30) a few weeks ago.

I shoot a Glock fine using sights (or as "fine" as anything else, I should qualify).

But they point high for me. And the finger grooves on the full sized ones don't fit me and I don't have huge hands. They are distracting. Oddly the 26/27 does fit, a little more room in the middle finger groove.

So I wound up with three XDs.

- OS

I like the way Glocks look, but never liked how they felt in my hand. The grip tilts my hand down in an awkward angle. On a whim, I bought a Gen2 17 (or 19... don't remember) and didn't like it. It was too big for my hand. My neighbor has a 17 in a Serpa holster. I tried it and after pushing the retention pad on the holster, my finger was too short to hit the front of the trigger guard and brushed the trigger. I told him that the holster was completely unsafe. He assured me that it was fine. Whatever. Recently, I bought a Gen4 G26 because the grip was smaller. The trigger is funny. It has a "bump" before the safety trigger will move. I've ordered a Gen3 trigger to fix that problem. I don't think Glocks like me...

I reviewed a Gen 1 Model 17 for an article when they first appeared on the market. I put many thousands of rounds through it without so much as a hiccup...except once. That occurred when I decided to see how many rounds I could run without cleaning it. Most of my shooting was done with cast round-nose slugs that I loaded myself. (Did this in spite of lead bullets not being suggested due to the polygonal rifling). At just over 3000 rounds, the slide failed to return to full battery by about a gnat's eyelash. I smacked the rear of the slide home and finished firing the magazine without problems. A check of the chamber mouth revealed a very small circle of lead that had built up there. Flicked it out with a pocket knife and went on to run another 2400 rounds before I gave up. I won a lot of "mouse gun" side matches with it. They ain't pretty, but they sure do shoot :up: