Comcast cut our bill

DaveTN

Without asking.

Thud.gif

We have been looking around for an alternative to Comcast due to the high monthly cost. Today the wife called because of a problem with one of the DVR boxes. They took care of the problem and then told her they could save her some money. They cut our monthly bill $50, gave us a house phone, and raised our internet speed to the next level (I didn’t think it could be any faster).

We are seriously considering dropping dish, we watch tv alot, but after conducting my on study, we watch ~80% programing from local channels, so why pay the money for something free. Anyway, wife called Dish on Saturday, just to see when our contract runs out, we have 4 days left. The guy on the phone offered $10 reduction without any further commitment or package change. Just simply like that, $120 savings (year) by making a phone call. We likely we still drop dish though in 2 weeks, wow that is $900 per year savings, I am already thinking about a new gun with that new windfall (psst. don't tell the wife), I think she has other plans.

The last problem I had Comcast fixed it quick and easy and while I had them on the line I asked them what they could do about my bill, maybe changing to a cheaper plan? I got $50. taken off my monthly bill. This was 6 months ago and I'm still getting the cut rate.

I'm happy with them.

We did that a few times as well. In fact I had a sales guy give me his direct number once and he said when this deal expires in a year call me back and I'll do it again. I did that for a couple of years, but I guess he moved on, as he is no longer at that number.

About a year ago, I tried again, and Comcast would not budge. I threatened that I was going to move to DirecTV, and they basically said "good luck". I even tried calling back to speak to someone else and then asked to speak to a manager, but they held their ground. I told them I wanted to schedule a disconnect, and they said, we'll be happy to. We moved to DirecTV and they have been OK. Using AT&T for Internet has been frustrating. They can't seem to get the bill right, couldn't get the install scheduled correctly, and the speed is never up to snuff. But, my cable/internet bill is less than half of what I was paying Comcast.

• Like 1
Guest uofmeet

I only have comcast for internet only now. Have DirectTV for TV.

When I had comcast,(TV and internet) I would call every time one promotion would end and get another one. Pretty easy. This past time was a bit difficult(Internet only). I just kept calling them and giving them a hard time until they gave me another promotion. So now i only pay 35/mo for internet. I do the same thing with direct TV also. Just keep calling and keep getting discounts. I got free NFL sunday ticket this year because i threaten to cancel. I have already had DirectTV for 2 years, so I am no longer in a contract so I could cancel anytime and not worry about it.

Threaten to cancel Sirius the other day and they gave me 6 mos of service on 2 diff radios for under $50 bucks.

The only reason I don't call ATT(cell service) to try and lower that bill is because I still have unlimited data and I am not letting that go.

Edited by uofmeet