Anyone with FIRTSHAND polymer AR lower experience?

musicman

[quote name='musicman' timestamp='1352345768' post='841617']
Thanks!! So if that stripped one is simply listed as "receiver" I can make it a pistol or rifle at will. Is that assumption correct?
[/quote]

Yes. It is now clear you can go back and forth, but technically [i]only as long as it starts as a pistol[/i]. It does not have to have a pistol type receiver extension to be a pistol -- but would not probably be a great idea to have an stock on you while in pistol config with normal rifle extension, unless you also had a rifle upper to match up..

- OS Edited by OhShoot

[quote name='musicman' timestamp='1352347100' post='841629']
Lowers are inbound to D&T ;)

Thanks for the info guys!!

Now I gotta find the best deals on uppers w/BCG
[/quote]

JoeBobs has a great price on BCG... PSA seems to almost always have some kind of M4 style upper for sale.
Might be better off mix&matching for best pricing.

• Like 1
[quote name='reed1285' timestamp='1351351668' post='834476']I put a spikes tactical lpk in my new frontier poly lower. The takedown pins are super tight, to the point to where im gonna have to take a small drill bit to open them up a bit. I mean they are TIGHT. Have to use a rubber mallet to slide them in and out for takedown.

I also had to take a dremel with a small sanding wheel to open up the magazine release slot on the lower as well. The mag release from the lpk wouldnt even go in until i did that.

Aside from those two things they are cool i guess. Lightweight thats for sure.[/quote]

I just got a New Frontier yesterday and had to throw parts in it as soon as i got home. I had the same mag release issue and I also used a dremel to open it up.

The material appeared very thin around the hole and i think you could go through it sanding at high speed without taking good care. I did a little and test fit until it functioned. after that everything else went in the lower perfectly.
Well I just found out my Frontiers came with commercial spec buffer tubes instead of mil spec. Found out by ordering a mil spec MOE buttstock and having it not fit, my bad.

Not that big of a deal, I'm going to send it back and get the comm spec but figured it may be helpful info for anyone considering upgrading.
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1353027941' post='846263']
Well I just found out my Frontiers came with commercial spec buffer tubes instead of mil spec. Found out by ordering a mil spec MOE buttstock and having it not fit, my bad.

Not that big of a deal, I'm going to send it back and get the comm spec but figured it may be helpful info for anyone considering upgrading.
[/quote]

I don't understand that. Threads for commercial and mil spec tubes are supposed to be the same, are they not?

- OS
  • Moderators
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1353033279' post='846319']

I don't understand that. Threads for commercial and mil spec tubes are supposed to be the same, are they not?

- OS[/quote]
It wasn't the threading that was his issue, it was the stock he bought afterwards.
[quote name='Chucktshoes' timestamp='1353033484' post='846322']
It wasn't the threading that was his issue, it was the stock he bought afterwards.[/quote]
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1353034366' post='846334']
Correct, the mil spec buffer tubes are 1.15" and the commercial specs are 1.17"[/quote]

Ah, gotcha, misunderstood, thnx.

- OS