New Member, New Gun Owner

Guest ParamedZ2

Guest ParamedZ2

Hey all. New gun owner from Oak Ridge. I ordered my carry gun online and didn't take into account just how big it was. Looking to trade for a smaller, more concealable gun in a .40 cal. Not sure how to go about doing it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To other members here, do not accept or offer a trade with ParamedZ2. He is not a benefactor and as such it undermines the rest of us who are. I will allow it because he is not specific mentioning what gun he has for sale but be aware he is on very thin ice right now.

ParamedZ2, you are more than welcome to become a benefactor and offer your pistol for trade or sell it on here.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/store/category/1-benefactor-subscriptions/

You would be surprized how well things sell here and you would likely save the cost in gas if you were to drive around to various shops in your area. not to mention most dealers are not going to give you 50% of what you paid even if the gun is new.

Welcome to the site and we hope you stick around but we have rules in place to protect our members.

Dolomite

ParamedZ2, rules are rules, nothing personal against you since you were just asking. I'd urge you to become a benefactor so you can post your handgun in the classified section... It's real easy and worth the nominal cost. Plus, it gives you a little extra credibility should you want to buy something in the classifieds. At first, I was leery of meeting strangers, but I've met nothing but really nice people here. Dealers have to make a profit when they resell your gun so you won't get much as trade in should you try that route. I'd suggest you go to a gun show so you can handle all sorts of handguns to see what works for you. Sometimes, the specs make the gun look perfect, but it feels entirely different in your hand.

If you have a big gun dealer near you, you could check out the firearms there and ask questions. My first EDC was great in every respect... shot great, great trigger, and looked awesome... except I couldn't carry it. It was too big and too heavy for me. That was a few guns ago... but it was a good lesson to learn. By the way, I make a point to only meet in daylight in a parking lot with video cameras or in a rural cafe that's really gun friendly. Call me paranoid... :ugh: On the other hand, if it was with someone with 4,000 plus posts, I'd be happy to meet elsewhere.

Edited by jgradyc