Gen. Petraeus is defending the CIA and not Obama

Guest 6.8 AR

Petraeus is pointing at O, Bill is urging Hill to release documents pointing at O; everyone is covering their own ass.

I don't disagree that the MSM isn't covering it, but they aren't all they used to be, and the news is still getting out.

It's pretty amazing, really. This is basically Watergate 2 weeks before the election. Can you imagine the media response if GW was Prez?

I'm just wondering if the word is getting out to enough people to make a difference. Is it too little too late? Not that I think it's little, per se. It's just that the sheeple already have their minds made up & refuse to listen to what they may consider as a conspiracy.

I hope not though. Let's hope that it will make a difference to voters.

TNBrat :) Hiding in the woods… ;)

Don't screw with the spooks.

They know where ALL the skeletons are buried. They know how to sink your ash if you mess with them.

Obama is making the biggest mistake of his miserable career if he thinks he's going to pin his crap on the CIA and the other crytpo-alphabets.

Petraeus is a quality act. Just because you're not hearing much from him doesn't mean he's not busy.

I met the amazing General Petraeus in Iraq and sat in on any number of his Iraq BUA's -- Battle Update Assessments. Very cool customer and brilliant in a way that is hard to describe.

Expect targeted leaks in the near future: drip, drip, drip . . . deluge. Obama may just end up drowning in his lies and deceptions.

Edited by QuietDan

I'm just wondering if the word is getting out to enough people to make a difference. Is it too little too late? Not that I think it's little, per se. It's just that the sheeple already have their minds made up & refuse to listen to what they may consider as a conspiracy.

I hope not though. Let's hope that it will make a difference to voters.

TNBrat :) Hiding in the woods… ;)

I'm not the most informed or smartest person there is but at least I care enough, and smart enough to see the blatent lies and attempted cover ups by the Obama administration on this. This outrage happened because of the administrations fear of the negative flak it would have caused to Obama's campaign to have a terrorist attack so soon before the election when he's been bragging how safe he's made America from terrorists. Unfortunatly there is a large group of Obamatrons that no matter what evidence there is they will continue to deni the crimes comitted by this administration. I heard a great description of a liberal not long ago, everyone's goal in poker is to get a royal flush, a liberal will get a 10,J,Q,K, of spades and an 3 of diamonds, they will take a Sharpie and mark out the 3 and the diamonds and draw in an A and a spade, it will look obvious and bad but they wont care and swear up and down they have a royal flush and will call you a hate monger and racist if you point out the fact they don't have a royal flush.

• Like 2

The media will do their best to prevent the citizens from knowing the facts before the election is over. It seems they are more concerned with keeping obama in the White House than he is.

^This^ All they have to do is keep the details out of the news till after the election. The Obamatrons won't understand what has happened

Nobama and company are guilty as sin on this one; and the casual observer can figure it out with just a bit of thinkin. The question is: "...who could, in fact, give the order to abandon and not help?...". Its easily answered. The prez is the commander and chief of our armed forces. Leon Stupetta is the Secretary of Defense; the number two man. There ya have it. Folks that think a bit will always figure this stuff out; regardless of political affilliation.

Despite the cries to the contrary by the MSM this has hurt Nobama (...it should....). Moms, dads, husbands, wives, and other ones dear to our military need to take this to heart. These people could give a damn less about the lives of its military personel (...or citizens for that matter...). With them everyting is a deal and everything is for sale.... Who would serve a bunch of trash like this?

Folks should take due note of those involved in this whole unfortunate mess and see to it that they vote against any of them that were involved. They are all guilty man; from Nobama, to Stupetta, to Hillary, to any of the rest of the political sons and daughters of satan involved in this sorry administration.

leroy

I am not sure about General Petraeus. He wears an award that regs say he shouldn't (the CAB ). It makes me leery. Other than that he appears to be a bright and successful general officer. Is he political? I do not know but after the Rumsfeld era of DoD I worry about the head shed.

This should be wall to wall coverage with theme music an would be if it was a republican in office. US soil was violated, US lives were taken, and a US ambassador was brutally murdered. Why haven't we rallied against it? Because we have become a culture that does not think. We accept what the media tells us. We do not weigh common sense into anything anymore. We have a nation of folks that are worried about the next episode of a comedy instead of worry about our survival. We have had it so easy for so long that as a culture people believe that world wary people are alarmists.

It is frustrating to me that my nations leaders feel that service is a good gig instead of a calling and that we should cower before oppressive ideologies such as Islamic extremists because of politics.

I am just sick. It makes me nearly physically I'll to see what I interpret as lies. We did not have a plan to secure a US compound in a country wracked by civil war? Horse hockey. If we did there are a number of folks that should hear the rouge's march as they are stripped of everything. We didn't have assets in place? Why not? Why didn't the Ambassador have a robust security team? Was it a consulate or a safe house or a intelligence post? Was someone stupid enough to think that with low key security our enemies would not know we were there?

Incompetence, ignorance, blind hope, and treason are what I really feel has happened here.

Who else has called their representatives and talked to their friends and family about this? If you have not then you are failing in your duty. They may not listen but that is because we have let them off the hook for entirely to long.

Do your duty Americans or we will fall from leadership and heaven knows what the world will look like then and the price our nation and our nations children will have to pay for it.

Edited by Paladin132
I am not sure about General Petraeus. He wears an award that regs say he shouldn't (the CAB ). It makes me leery. Other than that he appears to be a bright and successful general officer. Is he political? I do not know but after the Rumsfeld era of DoD I worry about the head shed.

Does it? He got the CAB when he was still at the 101st I thought.

Either way, a made up award to make people feel better about not being able to get a CIB. I know that stung for a few, but from my perspective it was about the silliest thing they came up with since stealing the black beret from Ranger Regiment.

• Like 1

I agree about the berets. Conversely I disagree and feel other soldiers needed something to distinguish combat seasoned from unseasoned soldiers. The regs say GOs are not eligible for the award. It came out after he was the CG for the Screaming Eagles. Now don't get me wrong, the man saw close combat and was reported to be involved in a fight when his CP was hit. Either way though, if the award came out after and he was in command of a infantry division, and regs say that generals cannot have it awarded... It reminds me of stories of officers receiving medals in previous wars for silliness.

Still, I hope that he does what is right. Which is going to be hard. A serving officer (why wasn't he retired to take the CIA anyway) who has an oath to uphold laws in charge of an agency that breaks laws (that is what espionage is folks) and is loyal to the country must be faced with very difficult choices about what he can and should do. I do not envy the general at all.

From what I understand about Petraeus is that he is politically savvy. Never having served, I can't comment on his duty

or anything related, but he is highly respected by conservatives and mostly is a straight shooter. I've never heard or

read anything negative. I would have to defer to you Soldiers for anything else. :D

I thought it was an interesting pick for CIA Director coming from a liberal. Is there some kind of requirement

to retire before moving to that kind of office?

Edited by 6.8 AR

From what I understand about Petraeus is that he is politically savvy. Never having served, I can't comment on his duty

or anything related, but he is highly respected by conservatives and mostly is a straight shooter. I've never heard or

read anything negative. I would have to defer to you Soldiers for anything else. :D

I thought it was an interesting pick for CIA Director coming from a liberal. Is there some kind of requirement

to retire before moving to that kind of office?

From my recollection, and subject to correction by those more knowledgeable than me:

Every military officer of military rank beyond Lt Colonel is essentially a "political" actor. They deal with relationships and resources and policy. Every full Colonel and all ranks of General are there for their interpersonal, political skills. General Petraeus is an acknowledged master of this art.

Yes. An interesting pick for CIA Director. As a serving General Officer who is also known to be conservative, he became a real hot potato for Obama. A lot of folks think (believe) that Obama put General Petraeus over at the CIA to bury him, to sideline him, to control him, to remove his impact from the Army and the Joint Chiefs.

My understanding is that Generals and Admirals never truly retire. Instead, they are "Advanced to the Retired List." They can be recalled for National Service at any time, and I think, without regard to age.

• Like 1

Don't screw with the spooks.

They know where ALL the skeletons are buried. They know how to sink your ash if you mess with them.

Obama is making the biggest mistake of his miserable career if he thinks he's going to pin his crap on the CIA and the other crytpo-alphabets.

Petraeus is a quality act. Just because you're not hearing much from him doesn't mean he's not busy.

I met the amazing General Petaeus in Iraq and sat in on any number of his Iraq BUA's -- Battle Update Assessments. Very cool customer and brilliant in a way that is hard to describe.

Expect targeted leaks in the near future: drip, drip, drip . . . deluge. Obama may just end up drowning in his lies and deceptions.

+1

• Like 1

I believe Gen. Petraeus was tired of essentially being away from home/family for the better part of ten years. Even when he was C/Centcom he was gone all the time. The Director's job provided him some domestic stability if you will while allowing him to serve in a different capacity. CIA has had many former military officers serve as Director (formerly DCI).

That said, Obama most probably wanted to get him pigeonholed somewhere due to his (Petraeus') immense public popularity. The Director's job is usually a low key position. You've not heard alot from him recently, until now. In the end both were happy. However, I would expect Petraeus to exhibit character and honesty, unlike the other guy.

• Like 1

From my recollection, and subject to correction by those more knowledgeable than me:

Every military officer of military rank beyond Lt Colonel is essentially a "political" actor. They deal with relationships and resources and policy. Every full Colonel and all ranks of General are there for their interpersonal, political skills. General Petraeus is an acknowledged master of this art.

Yes. An interesting pick for CIA Director. As a serving General Officer who is also known to be conservative, he became a real hot potato for Obama. A lot of folks think (believe) that Obama put General Petraeus over at the CIA to bury him, to sideline him, to control him, to remove his impact from the Army and the Joint Chiefs.

My understanding is that Generals and Admirals never truly retire. Instead, they are "Advanced to the Retired List." They can be recalled for National Service at any time, and I think, without regard to age.

Yes, Generals have to be politicians to a degree, some that are appointed to a higher office by a president are nothing but a politician but it appears Gen. Petraeus refuses to be Obama's laky and scapegoat, he refuses to be dishonest and dishonor the lives lost because of the administrations incompetence and criminal negligence. Gen. Petraeus is a patriotic soldier before he's a politician.

Edited by K191145
  • Like 1