.25 caliber pistol ammo

I just purchased my son a 25 acp pistol. For ammo, Is there a difference in the 3,25 versus 6,35 25 caliber? Can I use either one? I bought the Phoenix hp25 pistol btw.

Thanks

.25acp is 6.35x16mm

I don't know what the "3.25" refers to? You have a box of ammo that says that in some form?

- OS

Yep, bought a box of PPU fmj 3,25 g/50gr 25 auto. And a box of Fiocchi 6,35 brow./25 auto.

Is it the velocity? Really just want to make sure both cartridges work in the pistol for my son.

Thanks

Edited by Newman

Yep, bought a box of PPU fmj 3,25 g/50gr 25 auto. And a box of Fiocchi 6,35 brow./25 auto.

Is it the velocity? Really just want to make sure both cartridges work in the pistol for my son.

Thanks

EDIT: never mind if you read what I just typed.

The only Privi Partizan .25 they show on site is 50 GRAIN, and they also show it as 3.25 GRAM. So that's just bullet weight.

pp25acp.gif

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

in europe a comma and a period are reversed.

so that is 3.25 grams, probably the bullet weight.

3.25 g = 50 grains roughly.

50 grains is a common 25 acp ammo load.

"6.35 browning" is the caliber name in europe which is 25 acp.

sorry for all the edits, had to convert grams to grains which is unusual for me.

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 1

in europe a comma and a period are reversed.

so that is 3.25 grams, probably the bullet weight.

3.25 g = 50 grains roughly.

50 grains is a common 25 acp ammo load.

"6.35 browning" is the caliber name in europe which is 25 acp.

sorry for all the edits, had to convert grams to grains which is unusual for me.

Thanks, see above, was modifying my post as you typed.

- OS

lol buy the kid a .22 while you still can. Its about the same, but 25 costs almost exactly 10x as much. I am on a project to reload the stuff because my wife thought the .25 was "cute" ..... project make .25 from shotgun shell pellets.... but the brass is on backorder. Still hoping that pans out to make the stuff for $2 a box or so <g>

Original when I ordered online was thinking I purchased a 22 but made the mistake in purchasing a 25. Great reviews and supposedly the 25 cartridge is more reliable. Just want him to enjoy shooting like I do. He is 10 yrs old and I think he will be thrilled to get this for his bday!!

Edited by Newman

Original was thinking I purchased a 22 but made the mistake in purchasing a 25. Great reviews and supposedly the 25 cartridge is more reliable. Just want him to enjoy shooting like I do. He is 10 yrs old and I think he will be thrilled to get this for his bday!!

Of course he will. Be safe...

- OS

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...