Presidential Debate tonight - "The Last Call"

R_Bert

I can understand Hussein getting elected in 08, after all he talked a hell of a game. I cannot believe that Americans are actually dumb enough to elect him again. Yeah, I make the same jokes about how dumb we as a society are, but when it comes right down to it I just cannot believe we are THAT stupid.

Well, we did elect " W" twice. I'm just saying.

I know what you're saying, but there's still gonna be millions who vote on race alone. Then you have voters who really don't follow whats going on and will vote on who the media is brandishing.

If this goes down again as a race thing and a popularity contest Obama is gonna win.

I think a mass of registered voters who sat out the last electon are going to turn out to save this country.

Nah, it'll be the same ~60% or less of eligible voters, just as it has been for the last hundred years.

- OS

Perhaps (on the ~60%)...but...the makeup of the 60% will have shifted from last time with an increase of 20% conservative/registered Republicans to a decrease of 20% of Democrats voting. 0bama does NOT have the enthusiasm among his voters that he had four years ago, only those of his very desperate base will go out there...and a portion of dead voters. However, enthusiasm on the other side, if even to simply get rid of him, is much higher.

Perhaps (on the ~60%)...but...the makeup of the 60% will have shifted from last time with an increase of 20% conservative/registered Republicans to a decrease of 20% of Democrats voting. 0bama does NOT have the enthusiasm among his voters that he had four years ago, only those of his very desperate base will go out there...and a portion of dead voters. However, enthusiasm on the other side, if even to simply get rid of him, is much higher.

I certainly hope your analysis is correct. Really really I do.

- OS

And I still think Hussein will squeak it out. Whether he does or not, we're still going to have a truly divided country, both on The Hill and in general.

- OS

I agree that we have evolved into a divided country. I think the difference is, in the past both parties wanted basically the same for the country, they just disagreed on the best path to get there. We now have a fundamental difference on where we're trying to go. I fully believe in the statement, together we stand, divided we fall, and we sure as crap aren't together right now.

Unfortunately I think we're living in world of Atlas Shrugged except I'm still waiting for John Gault to show up.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
John Galt's been around a long time.
Mr. Obama hasn't caught him, yet.

We're close enough to the end of the
book to figure out what comes next.
See how long the Dow stays up and
see how long our military lasts with
that sequestration crap. Oh, I almost
forgot about the tax hikes and our
dear, sweet Obamacare.

That book has just about run it's