Presidential Debate tonight - "The Last Call"

R_Bert

He will be a bitterer version of Crowley. Going to interesting to see if Romney keeps his cool. I hope he does.

I couldn't if it were me. That guy is as partisan as one can get.

He will be a bitterer version of Crowley. Going to interesting to see if Romney keeps his cool. I hope he does.

I couldn't if it were me. That guy is as partisan as one can get.

^^^^^

exactly. It will be a doozy tonight. Heads will explode on one side or the other.

As much as I hate to see two commies on stage(Shieffer and Obama), I will watch the debate.

I just wish, once in my lifetime, a damned Lincoln-Douglass style debate would happen. It would

be so nice to see that. We've been shoehorned into so much crap and these faux debates just

make me cringe.

So, I'll admit I've not been following the events in Syria, but why exactly do we want to arm them?

1) how much would this cost us?

2) is this really a good idea?

3) Why must we act like a world police force?

1. TOO MUCH

2. Probably not

3. Unfortunately, like Romney said its fallen on our shoulders. We are the strongest country in the world and people look to us for help.

1. TOO MUCH

2. Probably not

3. Unfortunately, like Romney said its fallen on our shoulders. We are the strongest country in the world and people look to us for help.

yes but Romney just said we have a responsibility to the rest of the world.......I disagree.

yes but Romney just said we have a responsibility to the rest of the world.......I disagree.

I'd disagree to the extent that we don't have a responsibility to EVERYBODY in the rest of the world. We have a responsibility to our allies and that's about it. Maybe the strategically picked country here and there, but not everyone.

1. TOO MUCH

2. Probably not

As crazy as this may sound, but if we're gonna be the "world's police" they should pay for it. We (tax payers) pay OUR military to protect us. Not the world. If another country actually wants the U.S. to police their country they should be paying for renting the equipment, the salaries, and medical expenses of the men & women risking their lives for them.

Sent from my iPhone way back in the woods…

As crazy as this may sound, but if we're gonna be the "world's police" they should pay for it. We (tax payers) pay OUR military to protect us. Not the world. If another country actually wants the U.S. to police their country they should be paying for renting the equipment, the salaries, and medical expenses of the men & women risking their lives for them.

Sent from my iPhone way back in the woods…

Not gonna get any push back from me on that

Obama is winning big so far. ...

Yeah, incumbents generally have the upper edge on foreign policy, since they have the current position of authority.

I can see this as a BHO "win" going in, and looks to be so. Thing is, it's also boring, and unlikely to make much of a swing of the dial, IMO.

(I'll edit this if some bombshell happens -- if I'm still awake, since I'm finding it boring also) :)

- OS

How can folks say POTUS is winning when he has lied through his teeth? That is not winning. That is a horrible betrayal of his office and his oath.

Unfortunately folks will swallow the BS. Multiple nations in chaos because of the Arab spring. Multiple American embassies violated by attackers. Multiple Americans dead in attacks. More deaths in Afghanistan in 3 years than Bush had in 8.

Really?

Unfortunately can't watch tonight, got it on the DVR so Ill have to check it out tomorrow.

Got to see about two minutes earlier and all I got for it was Obama telling Romney "That's simply not true"

Guess I'm not missing much as I've seen that last week.

How can folks say POTUS is winning when he has lied through his teeth? That is not winning. That is a horrible betrayal of his office and his oath.

Unfortunately folks will swallow the BS. Multiple nations in chaos because of the Arab spring. Multiple American embassies violated by attackers. Multiple Americans dead in attacks. More deaths in Afghanistan in 3 years than Bush had in 8.

Really?

It's called political speech and is actually legally allowed to happen. I didn't say I agreed with it, keep in mind.

I know the media will say this one went for Obama, but with the format and that communist Bob Shieffer moderating,

it's amazing Romney got to tee anything up. Did anyone notice all the cues set up for Obama and Obama's nodding

toward that idiot CBS mummy of a whatever he is? We'll just have to see how the polls go, won't we?

Does anyone think Obama didn't apologize to the world? But all he has to do is say "not true"

That didn't resonate like Romney's mentioning the "Apology Tour". Obama didn't really defend it, at all.