Handgun Carry Permit as your Voter ID

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Does anyone have any stories about showing their HCP as a Voter ID?

I thought someone, somewhere behind a voter ID desk would go bonkers. Like wearing a Romney t-shirt to go vote.

VOTE_ROMNEY_NOT_COMMIE_BACK__26439.1344517218.1280.1280.jpg

Edited by AmericanWorkMule

I know of one person who used his HCP and was then asked if he was carrying...he was...said so...and was asked to leave.

Now, to the best of my knowledge, there is no law prohibiting carrying at a polling place unless is it is a school and/or properly posted. However, not wishing to cause a disturbance and push the point he took his weapon to the car and then went into vote. I hope he pursues this incident with the appropriate election board but that will be up to him.

All that to say, I carried when I voted last night while using my HCP and had no problems (although I think the poll worker was dying to ask me if I was carrying or not). ;)

Edited by RobertNashville

Since I don't have a photo on my DL, I successfully used a 45 year old expired passport issued at the US Embassy in Saigon in 1967. My HCP was to be my back-up photo ID but was not required. I am sure the voter Id lady was rendered speechless and misty eyed in looking at the 25 year old stud in the photo. :x:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since I don't have a photo on my DL, I successfully used a 45 year old expired passport issued at the US Embassy in Saigon in 1967. My HCP was to be my back-up photo ID but was not required. I am sure the voter Id lady was rendered speechless and misty eyed in looking at the 25 year old stud in the photo. :x:

What'd you say!!??

What an awesome freakin' statement!

They should have let you vote twice with that.

More power to you, Brother. (And welcome home!)

Edited by QuietDan

That is awesome. I used my HCP with an empty holster and got no second looks. I am sure my pancake holster could be seen under my untucked shirt. Of course, this is Chester Co. Not many sheep here.

Sent from iPad in the woods.

I imagine that if I lived in Memphis I might share that view. Stay safe!

Thanks. ;) My thoughts are due to the following...

I have a pro-gun relative that gets handed HCP's as a form of ID quite often, and of those that do it, 50% have a "Look at me, look at me" smirk. They aren't helping our cause. Take people that are gun-neutral or anti-gun when they are on the receiving end of those smirks. It just makes us all look bad. Even without a smirk, the anti's or neutral's are more likely to have a negative opinion. I prefer to let the sheeple keep living in their fantasy while I live in mine. ;)

I used mine back in august. actually it was an accident. I had recently used it for something and had put it on top of my DL by accident. normally under it. They didn't even hesitate. I honestly didn't notice until I was putting it away and noticed my picture was turned side ways.