Cars Being Shot In Detroit

• Moderators

They're behind the curve up there. We had a similar series of shootings at least 5 or 6 years ago here in Memphis. Someone was shooting cars coming down the Sam Cooper Pkwy. Nobody was injured, but they never did catch anyone.

Not really, gun laws are state preempted, are relatively similar to TN, some pluses and minuses by comparison.

MI allows open carry without permit but not private transfer of handguns, etc.

- OS

Mac is right as usual. When I went to Detroit in 2011 I carried both times. My GF made fun of me for taking to guns to her grandmas house.

I wasn't taking any chances.

I have a good friend in Detroit who I'm truly concerned about...he's an elderly black man; retired postal worker, who is heavily involved in the same car community/shows/etc that I participate in...it seems no matter where I go for a convention or regional show he's there (Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, etc)...he's 78 years old and one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet.

My point is, there are good people in Detroit and I just hate that fact the the city has let itself go...I haven't been to Detroit in a long, long time but I have always enjoyed it what I have been there....it's just a shame...I don't know what else to say. ;(

• Like 2

I have a good friend in Detroit who I'm truly concerned about...he's an elderly black man; retired postal worker, who is heavily involved in the same car community/shows/etc that I participate in...it seems no matter where I go for a convention or regional show he's there (Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, etc)...he's 78 years old and one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet.

My point is, there are good people in Detroit and I just hate that fact the the city has let itself go...I haven't been to Detroit in a long, long time but I have always enjoyed it what I have been there....it's just a shame...I don't know what else to say. ;(

You are correct. There are good people everywhere. It only takes a few pecker heads to ruin almost anything.

You are correct. There are good people everywhere. It only takes a few pecker heads to ruin almost anything.

It took more than a few peckerheads to reelect the line of government leadership that has run that city into a post-apocalyptic wasteland. There are good people in California too, but the idiots that outnumber them will succeed in destroying that state as well.

• Like 2
Guest dfsixstring
I just hate that fact the the city has let itself go...I haven't been to Detroit in a long, long time but I have always enjoyed it what I have been there....it's just a shame...I don't know what else to say. ;(

I was up there last year - stayed two days - prior to getting my carry permit. It was the last straw that made me get my CC permit. That town is too far gone IMHO. It reminds me of the Kurt Russell move Escape from NY.

Dfsixstring

SR9c

LCP

RST4S

Interesting that the media references the DC Sniper shootings in the story but fails to mention that those shootings were Jihadist inspired. That is a possibility in this case.

DC Sniper jihad evidence:

"Exhibit 65-006: A self-portrait of Malvo in the cross hairs of a gun scope shouting, 'ALLAH AKBAR!' The word 'SALAAM' scrawled vertically. A poem: 'Many more will have to suffer. Many more will have to die. Don't ask me why.'

"Exhibit 65-016: A portrait of Saddam Hussein with the words 'INSHALLAH' and 'The Protector,' surrounded by rockets labeled 'chem' and 'nuk.'

"Exhibit 65-043: Father and son portrait of Malvo and Muhammad. 'We will kill them all. Jihad.'

"Exhibit 65-056: A self-portrait of Malvo as sniper, lying in wait, with his rifle. 'JIHAD' written in bold letters. . . .

"Exhibit 65-067: A suicide bomber labeled 'Hamas' walking into a McDonald's restaurant. Another drawing of the Twin Towers burning captioned: '85 percent chance Zionists did this.' More scrawls: 'ALLAH AKBAR,' 'JIHAD' and 'Islam will explode.'

"Exhibit 65-103: A lion accompanies chapter and verse from the Koran ('Sura 2:190'): 'Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you and slay them wherever ye catch them.'

"Exhibit 65-109: Portrait of Osama bin Laden, captioned 'Servant of Allah.' [Pictured above.]

"Exhibit 65-117: The White House drawn in crosshairs, surrounded by missiles, with a warning: 'Sep. 11 we will ensure will look like a picnic to you' and 'you will bleed to death little by little.' . . .