Short review of new essentials pouch

Guest Bowdenknxvll

Guest Bowdenknxvll

I was given this pouch by my new sheath maker, Bryan Church, as Ive been wanting to get one for awhile now. Its large enough to fit an altoids tin, firesteel, and a little something extra on top. Just the size I like, not too big but big enough.

picsay-1350589583.jpg

picsay-1350589659.jpg

Its constructed of a bag making leather so its mire flexible than a sheath but rigid enough not to move around. It has two straps to lash to or slide a belt through. The top flap also has snaps that snap to the straps.

picsay-1350589677.jpg

picsay-1350589635.jpg

picsay-1350589608.jpg

Overall the construction is awesome, its very solid. It has gaps at the bottom for what I assume is for drainage and uses stainless hardware.

picsay-1350589701.jpg

picsay-1350589723.jpg

It also comes with attached paracord so you can wear it around your neck.

picsay-1350589736.jpg

I am extremely pleased with the quality and workmanship of this pouch and Im sure it will hold up to extended use in the woods.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bowdenknxvll

That looks really nice. Does he make similar stuff to hold things like phones, multi-tools, or spare mags?

Im not sure. I saw him yesterday and he showed me some mag holders and holsters he made but they were for his personal guns. Im sure he could.

Guest Bowdenknxvll

I guess I'm the odd man out on this. I think it looks too bulky for what it carries. It doesn't blend in with anything that you would normally wear around town. Just stick the Altoids can in your pocket and go.

You are correct in that I wouldnt wear it aroujd town. Its for when you go hiking or backpacking. Yoi can lash it to a pack or even a sheath. It gives you the opportunity to carry essentials as well as a knife in a small package.