Firearms Knowledge Ego Contests

Tungsten you have no idea how hard it is being a cop and having to know EVERYTHING there is to know about EVERY firearm ever made.:D

Don't forget knowing EVERY law in ever country/city in the world.:popcorn:

I agree, people in gun stores are annoying. That's why I stick to the gun-owners forums; they hold more water.:usa:

Edited by GhstFace38
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigBoostDSM

My favorite are the people who always have a story to upstage you...No matter what it is, they always know someone who has done that and then some.

Also the people who play shooting related video games and all they know is info from those, so they end up telling you how many "clips" they want to shoot out of their M4's and how they are going to buy a fully auto gun and all this crap :crazy:

Guest jackdog

there are no it all dumb asses in every field of endeavor. I just shake my head and move on. These folks are just not worth the investment of my time.

Yeah. I see a lot of that. If someone asks me about something I know I just give a basic run down of what I do know. If I don't know something I say so..."sorry, don't know much about this...maybe I can find out for you". You always see the one guy going on and on with every bit of detail they can muster. The ones that kill me are the guys going on and on about military weapons and you take one look at them and just know the closest they ever got was playing call of duty.

The other type is the (not ragging on the older folks) old guy who belittles your choice of firearm and rails against you because you are too stupid to know that the M-1 and the 1911, and the .38 revolver are the pinnacle of firearm design and what the hell are you even doing in my store you little punk?

I don't know how places like that stay in business.

Darkstar, those things are true. If you don't depend on those three guns, you might as well lie down in the gutter and die. Everything else is just newfangled and untested. It is just a conspiracy by gun magazines to sell advertising.:crazy:

I occasionally get people like that through the store, telling their buddies how one shot from a .45 will blow a man's head clean off. I generally try to ignore it.

Darkstar, those things are true. If you don't depend on those three guns, you might as well lie down in the gutter and die. Everything else is just newfangled and untested. It is just a conspiracy by gun magazines to sell advertising.:crazy:

I occasionally get people like that through the store, telling their buddies how one shot from a .45 will blow a man's head clean off. I generally try to ignore it.

Good lord I bet that's hard to ignore. I can half-way understand why SOME gun store owners/workers are *******s until they see you're not an idiot.

Guest darkstar

Now see, you have confused me again. I thought if you didn't have an Ashley big-dot on your G-19 you should just lay down and die...now you gotta have a Garand, a 1911 and a .38 to not just give it up? :P

Guest tokarev

"Just walked into a gun shop and said "I want XYZ gun and here are my cop credentials" and the store owner winked, nudged a stock boy and they coyly produced one of them from behind the counter where it had been secretly stored away."

Hey Rabbi? What kind of "super secret/mall ninga" stuff do you have hidden away at your shop?

"Just walked into a gun shop and said "I want XYZ gun and here are my cop credentials" and the store owner winked, nudged a stock boy and they coyly produced one of them from behind the counter where it had been secretly stored away."

Hey Rabbi? What kind of "super secret/mall ninga" stuff do you have hidden away at your shop?

Tokarev, if I told you, I'd have to kill you.

• 2 weeks later...
Its possibly worse in motorcycles, and don't get me started on civilian scuba diving. I pull up to places all the time, and the conversation goes like this (usually with some young guy driving an economy car):

ach! I've run into folks like this. I hate them.

as for the gun shops....I keep my mouth shut and keep an eye on them to make sure they're not going to the range if I'm going. if they do, I go to the opposite end they do.

as for diving.. those guys give me a headache. the first words out of their mouth is usually "I can't believe you're using that equipment" or " have you done this much?" usually followed by an mythical dive that pushed the limits of credibility for even them.

I look at them real hard for a minute without saying anything so usually they leave me and my dive partner alone.

Guest bkelm18

In my HCP class there was a guy who apparently must have known JMB himself because all he talked about was 1911s. He had a nice Kimber with him and all he could say about it was "Well I haven't had the required 800 rounds through it yet to consider it reliable, the manual says it takes 800 rounds for it to be reliable. I've only got 600 through it I just know it's going to jam on the range portion of the class." After which his wife asked if it had jammed at all yet, his reply was "no". During one of the breaks, he asked to see the instructor's 1911 and upon looking at it said "You must have had this a while, feels nice and loose". To which the instructor replied: "No, just bought it new yesterday." I just got this pompous gas bag feeling from him.

Edited by bkelm18