Most rural/backwoods/isolated town in TN?

Erik88

Guest Lester Weevils

Thanks for the good ideas, Lumber_Jack. I have a couple-years-old 32GB iPod touch, but I don't think it has a GPS built in, dunno.

Have a 10.1" Xoom android pad and a motorola photon android phone. It looks like Trimble sells several titles for android, will see about getting one of em. The price on most mobile apps is so ridiculously low, but there are so many of em its difficult to figger out which ones to get.

In addition to some free apps, Trimble sells three $4.99 android titles, Outdoors Nav Pro, Backpacker GPS Trails Pro, and My Topo Maps Pro. They all mention satellite overlay but I don't see demo screen shots of the satellite overlay images in the "buy" pages. It says the My Topo Maps Pro is more oriented to pads than phones. Will do a little more research and snag at least one of em.

There was also a Crittermap LLC company title, Backcountry Navigator Pro that looks pretty good. From the ad copy, looks like they would be happy to nickle and dime you to death with addon map an image packages, but each package is only a few bucks so if the stuff is useful the price is still chicken feed. Back years ago, Garmin was charging $100+ for extra discs of maps.

Delorme still charges $100 per state for topos.

Tremble Outdoors Navigator Pro is the one I have.

y4a8aqas.jpg

The best option is the GPS locator that allows you to find yourself even on the aerial layers.

Question -

(I am using a Samsung Galaxy) I have hundreds of points of interest (hunting stands) stored as KML format. At home I use Google Earth, but have not been able to transfer the KMLs to Google Earth Android.

Does Trimble Outdoors or the Pro versions (in Android) allow importing/exporting and storing of KML waypoints and points of interest?

Question -

(I am using a Samsung Galaxy) I have hundreds of points of interest (hunting stands) stored as KML format. At home I use Google Earth, but have not been able to transfer the KMLs to Google Earth Android.

Does Trimble Outdoors or the Pro versions (in Android) allow importing/exporting and storing of KML waypoints and points of interest?

Tremble does store them on your device, but I have found no way to just import existing waypoints, and it doesn't dictate what format their stored as. you can however enter waypoints using Latitude and Longitude in mm.ddddd format.