Thomas Sowell – Race Riots If Obama Loses

Guest AmericanWorkMule

They have been planning for this for sometime now. They've got to make use of the FEMA prison camps, and all that ammo ordered.

I can't tell if your serious or not about these two things? Do really think DHS would wage war on the American people with hollow point handgun calibers? Where are these prison camps? Everyone I've heard of was pretty quickly debunked...

But go ahead and blame Bush for all of our sins, and while you are at it, hold up the rest of the propaganda we've been

shoveled for years by people who mean our country harm, the progressives, in both parties.

The current problems belong to Obama, but Bush made a fair number of major mistakes. Its not propaganda or wrong to say that. We could not afford his wars. His bailout set precedence and was just as wrong as Obama's bailouts. The patriot act is downright scary --- the slightest pretext and you are out of the system, with no due process. Hammed up the so-called tax surplus (which it was not, as we were still in debt at the time) to enable tax cuts that, while I approve of them, are not helping reduce debt (if you cut taxes, you gotta cut spending too --- basic math here).

I liked bush and feel he was a few billion times better than gore would have been. But IMHO he screwed up multiple times. Can't blame him for the last 4 years of epic failure, that is just stupidity, but neither can we claim his record was some outstanding example of doing it right either.

The current problems belong to Obama, but Bush made a fair number of major mistakes. Its not propaganda or wrong to say that. We could not afford his wars. His bailout set precedence and was just as wrong as Obama's bailouts. The patriot act is downright scary --- the slightest pretext and you are out of the system, with no due process. Hammed up the so-called tax surplus (which it was not, as we were still in debt at the time) to enable tax cuts that, while I approve of them, are not helping reduce debt (if you cut taxes, you gotta cut spending too --- basic math here).

I liked bush and feel he was a few billion times better than gore would have been. But IMHO he screwed up multiple times. Can't blame him for the last 4 years of epic failure, that is just stupidity, but neither can we claim his record was some outstanding example of doing it right either.

I completely agree with what you say, Jonnin. Bush made several mistakes, one of which was the Patriot Act, but

continuing the narrative the media set up about Bush is not productive. Correcting the Patriot Act is necessary, if any

politician has the nerve to go for it, which I doubt. Overall he did what he had to do and with character, as compared to

this current president, who has done only things to harm us, in the end.

Obama owns the current mess and can't run from it. I think he will try to in the debate tonight. It will be interesting.

Something I find very interesting about the Ambassador and his personnel's death is that when compared

to Watergate, the media is essentially covering it up, and is much worse an event than Watergate. I

wonder when this issue will cause the country to wake up and make the administration accountable?

Edited by 6.8 AR

I believe we will be entering a period of great civil unrest regardless of who wins in November although an Obama loss may hasten it a bit.

Those who are doing well are doing pretty well and we do have, I believe, significant movement from middle class into the upper middle class and wealthy categories. HOWEVER, we also have a growing sub-class of poor and those totally dependent on the government for their existence...in other words; I don't see much movement from poor classes into the middle class ranks. That observation, if correct, is setting our society up for a huge fall because we are nearing a financial disaster that will make the great depression look very tame.

Even if Romney is elected it may be too late to do much to avoid it; if Obama wins re-election all bets are off.

Essentially, whether it's because we simply stop spending the money we don't have on these social programs and end them (or greatly scale them back) or we keep the printing presses running putting out worthless money to the point that $10,000 won't buy a loaf of bread; the people currently dependent on the teat of Uncle Sam are going to get nothing but dust where they once got milk and when they do all hell is going to break loose. If you want to know what that looks like, look at what has been going on in Greece (if you can get the actual news)...people who have the financial ability to do so will leave; those who can't leave will be left to fend for themselves and take what they need from whoever they think has it.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Just avoid going to any Dollar General stores that week and you'll be fine.

Oooooh! :rofl:

You know, you only have to avoid that store the first week of the month when all the gubment checks go out. Three or four days and the welfare crowd are broke again, sitting at home until next months communist handout.

Oooooh! :rofl:

You know, you only have to avoid that store the first week of the month when all the gubment checks go out. Three or four days and the welfare crowd are broke again, sitting at home until next months communist handout.

I am sorry, but that's just not right.

I give 'em five days...

Race riots? :shrug: Well whooptey :poop: .

Might be a few decent's get caught in the first wave, but it'd be a very pathetic fight.

Example: Right wingers are green. Obama rioters wearing black:

Ahem....I am not green, but I do have some Hornady Zombie 12 gauge laying around somewhere

If that's the way things are to be, so be it. I doubt any of that would be immediate, though, but wait until

costs of the basic necessities get out of hand. That's the real threat.

I would venture a guess that the probability of wide spread & violent civil unrest happening will be fairly high if Obama looses the election.

I really hope that this is not the case but all of these flash mob attacks & robberies that have been happening all over the country really do not inspire a whole lot of confidence.

Racism is always injected in Democrat politics, because, when you think about how they keep blacks

under their thumbs nowadays, it's not much different from when they owned them a long time ago.

But the differences are subtle. Food for thought. :D

Totally shameless, too.

I really like Thomas Sowell, but I think he may be off on this issue. There is always going to be a threat

of riots of some kind, but it doesn't seem to be the case this time. If you look back through every political

battle, one side or the other will use scare tactics to get a portion of the populace to vote for them. We're

all guilty of it.

I've read one of his books on economics, but nothing else. He is exceedingly intelligent and verbalizes

very well. I'd love to hear him go into depth about racial tensions and a few other things. I can't go and

say he's flat wrong, but it is a subject that is dragged out every election cycle.

There are unique things about this election cycle and he could be dead on. Don't really know.

Not sure why they would riot unless this is a racial ego race for voters.

Well, if you listen to some conservative commentators, there is a segment of the population, both within and without the black community, that want civil unrest. At the very least, there are groups like the Black Panthers who would love nothing better than to see a return to the rioting we had in the '60's. If that is an accurate assessment then BHO losing the election would be a useful excuse to start something.

Whether it will happen or not...I don't know...but if I were living in Detroit or Chicago or LA or NYC or a few others that come to mind, I'd be more concerned than I am at the moment. ;)

Edited by RobertNashville

Well, if you listen to some conservative commentators, there is a segment of the population, both within and without the black community, that want civil unrest. At the very least, there are groups like the Black Panthers who would love nothing better than to see a return to the rioting we had in the '60's. If that is an accurate assessment then BHO losing the election would be a useful excuse to start something.

Whether it will happen or not...I don't know...but if I were living in Detroit or Chicago or LA or NYC or a few others that come to mind, I'd be more concerned than I am at the moment. ;)

Are you referring to Ann Coulter's prior book? I haven't read it, but it's about liberals' use of mob rule to get their way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's not a secret. When I was on the PD in a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri my Chief of Police got me listening to a radio program on the college station out of Lawrence, Kansas, (I believe). It was called, Nighthawks, and it was a radical black group who openly called for revolution by 1995 and killing of all cops and whites. It's where I learned what "HOTEP" means. The chief wanted me to know my enemy.

Hate Only The European Peoples, for those who don't know. I actually saw a black teenager who's name was Hotep.

• Like 1

I don't, either, but if they are to happen, they will cost the instigators a lot of bad press after the bodies are swept

aside and the media has a chance to redeem itself, yeh, right.

No rational American wants this stuff to happen. It usually happens when emotional, irrational people are

manipulated by people with less than honorable intentions get in the way of society to further their political

causes. The only good that could come from this is a serious "outing" of those with evil intentions, and that

can be difficult at best, sometimes.

I don't, either, but if they are to happen, they will cost the instigators a lot of bad press after the bodies are swept

aside and the media has a chance to redeem itself, yeh, right.

No rational American wants this stuff to happen. It usually happens when emotional, irrational people are

manipulated by people with less than honorable intentions get in the way of society to further their political

causes. The only good that could come from this is a serious "outing" of those with evil intentions, and that

can be difficult at best, sometimes.

I agree. I'm also glad the word "rational" still has a place in these threads.

I agree. I'm also glad the word "rational" still has a place in these threads.

C'mon Link. Do you really believe that everybody on TGO (except you) is batsh#t crazy? I'll agree that a lot of insane stuff gets tossed in, but there are usually rational voices too. No need to make it sound like the entire site is contaminated.