Puke $#itsteen.

Steelharp

Actually, it's you that is wrong. Many people get their (version of the) news from these celebritards. That's the unfortunate truth. Just look at how many people use Jon Stewart and The Daily Show or Whoopi and that cow Joy Bayfart on The View as their sole source of news and opinion. It's pretty sad, isn't it?

This reply makes no sense. You say that I am wrong, but then you say they get their news from some of the very sources that I alluded to. Comedians are no different than singers and actors. They all think more of their opinion than most. To put it in a different contrast, I'm not about to get surgical advice from a comedian. I would seek comedic advice, or perhaps something of which I know that person has experience, but not something of which they are mostly ignorant of or have an agenda.

This reply makes no sense. You say that I am wrong, but then you say they get their news from some of the very sources that I alluded to. Comedians are no different than singers and actors. They all think more of their opinion than most. To put it in a different contrast, I'm not about to get surgical advice from a comedian. I would seek comedic advice, or perhaps something of which I know that person has experience, but not something of which they are mostly ignorant of or have an agenda.

My response was made in jest. I apologize if that didn't come across. The part I was talking about was "They believe that their opinions are important to society at large. Of course, they are wrong, but there you have it." It's sad but people DO value the opinions of these idiots.

My response was made in jest. I apologize if that didn't come across. The part I was talking about was "They believe that their opinions are important to society at large. Of course, they are wrong, but there you have it." It's sad but people DO value the opinions of these idiots.

Got'cha. No worries. :)

I never really cared for Springsteen. He had a few hits that I would sing along too, but I doubt that i would have ever paid for a concert ticket. Performers do need to be aware that they reap what they sow in the political garden. I thought Sean Penn was a pretty good actor, and enjoyed several of his movies. Once he started getting all political activisty, and given that his views were polar opposite what I believe, I swore I would never watch another of his films ever again. I don't care if it is so good it wins an Emmy two years running and makes grown men weep in public, I won't watch it. Not even on Red Box, or free TV. I wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of downloading it from the Internet.

I guess the Boss may also experience my wrath, I'll tell him the next time he calls.

I never really cared for Springsteen. He had a few hits that I would sing along too, but I doubt that i would have ever paid for a concert ticket. Performers do need to be aware that they reap what they sow in the political garden. I thought Sean Penn was a pretty good actor, and enjoyed several of his movies. Once he started getting all political activisty, and given that his views were polar opposite what I believe, I swore I would never watch another of his films ever again. I don't care if it is so good it wins an Emmy two years running and makes grown men weep in public, I won't watch it. Not even on Red Box, or free TV. I wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of downloading it from the Internet.

I guess the Boss may also experience my wrath, I'll tell him the next time he calls.

I stopped watching Tom Cruise when he went all wacko with the scientology nonsense.

• Like 1

... I thought Sean Penn was a pretty good actor, and enjoyed several of his movies. Once he started getting all political activisty, and given that his views were polar opposite what I believe, I swore I would never watch another of his films ever again. ....

I stopped watching Tom Cruise when he went all wacko with the scientology nonsense.

I love movie, wildly divergent genres of movies.

I'll say it again -- I can separate the art from the artist.

And yes, Jane Fonda has made some damn fine movies.

- OS

I love movie, wildly divergent genres of movies.

I'll say it again -- I can separate the art from the artist.

And yes, Jane Fonda has made some damn fine movies.

- OS

I used to like her in movies - Mother, Jugs and Speed - Barbarella - Barefoot In The Park, etc.

But now, I wouldn't pee on her if she were on fire. The same for Cruise, Penn, Glover, Streisand, Crow, Paltrow, Garafalo, Freeman, Chris Rock, Sarah Silverman, Madonna, Gaga, Springsteen, DiCaprio, Affleck, and 99% of Hollyweird losers.

I used to like her in movies - Mother, Jugs and Speed - Barbarella - Barefoot In The Park, etc.

But now, I wouldn't pee on her if she were on fire. The same for Cruise, Penn, Glover, Streisand, Crow, Paltrow, Garafalo, Freeman, Chris Rock, Sarah Silverman, Madonna, Gaga, Springsteen, DiCaprio, Affleck, and 99% of Hollyweird losers.

Um, Jane Fonda was in Mother, Jugs, and Speed? I guess that I was too busy staring at Raquel Welch to notice. Edited by SWJewellTN
  • Like 1

Um, Jane Fonda was in Mother, Jugs, and Speed? I guess that I was too busy staring at Raquel Welch to notice.

Sorry dude, my bad. You're right. I was thinking about those jugs. So far I would still pee on Rachel Welch...if she needed it. At least she keeps her mouth shut.

What makes a musician or actor so brilliant that we should give a crap about what they have to say? Most do one thing very well and that's what they should get credit for.

This nation's obsession with celebrities is disgusting. I could give a #### what Springsteen's politics are just like any other musician, actor, athelete, etc. If him playing a few songs sways voters then that's just further proof we are screwed.

Hey, that's how Obama won in 2008.

Will likely work again this time around.