"Terror 8" WARNING! PURE SEX INSIDE!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, I love an 8 shot .357 just as much as the next guy. However, it just doesn't seem right to have tac rail and holosight on a wheelgun.

I can see how it's "tacticool" and all... I'm just a lover of classy wheelguns. I think what I like about them is how they are normally the antithesis of the tupperware club.

Of course.... I still want one!

Heck yes! I forget which magazine had it, but a while back there was a review on that S&W as a "Shield Gun" for SWAT entry team members. Very cool stuff.

Exactly, this gun has no civilian application, and was purpose built for LE use.

Guest darkstar
Exactly, this gun has no civilian application, and was purpose built for LE use.

Is there still a market for revolvers in LE? I mean besides like J-frames and other smaller BUG types? I can't remember the last time I saw a revolver in LE use

Is there still a market for revolvers in LE? I mean besides like J-frames and other smaller BUG types? I can't remember the last time I saw a revolver in LE use

The firearm standard for all State run/contracted corrections facilities is a 4" .38spl revolver.

We supply TDOC and TCA with these.

This particular gun is in service with many large depts in the U.S. as their entry or "shield gun"

You wont see many in service around here with all the small depts and even small budgets.

Guest Mugster

Heh, what a cool looking handgun. Hero Gear has all the toys.

Can someone explain to the uncool guy what a "shield gun" might be?

• Administrator

rot_tac_entry_062005.jpg

The guys in front are the shield guys. A revolver is said to work better for them because it can be used entirely one handed, including cycling it past dud rounds. Plus there is no slide to recoil back and smack them in the faces, etc. while shooting from around cover.

Guest darkstar

Thanks for the clarification Joe.

Boom, no kidding huh? I figured there would be a few that would still carry a wheel gun, I just haven't seen any since...I don't know, since I was a kid back in the 70's or so.

LE's are civilians too. Just saying.

I had a customer who ordered one. I got to shoot it. It was OK I guess but looks like the answer to a question no one asked.

• Administrator

I had a customer who ordered one. I got to shoot it. It was OK I guess but looks like the answer to a question no one asked.

Apparently one of the big agencies asked and they got their answer. Railed top and bottom for optics and lighting. 8 shot capacity. Perfect for it's intended use.

Just because you don't go kicking in doors with an entry team it doesn't mean that no one else does and needs what that weapon provides.

Can you tell me which facilities you have supplied with these?

Mind if I ask why you are wondering?

There is only one TCA, so you should be able to figure that one out.

TCA is the TN Correction Academy.

I dont think its an OPSEC violation to let people know that COs train with SW 64s during pre service.

Now I DO feel that its not so OPSEC to post what a correctional facility specifically has in their arms room.

Hope you understand.

I gotta agree with Musicman. It's kinda like putting fuel injectors and a digital dash in a '57 Chevy. I guess some would have a specific use for it. I would put it in the FN 5.7 realm.

Can't decide if I like it or hate it.

Guest FroggyOne2
Mind if I ask why you are wondering?

There is only one TCA, so you should be able to figure that one out.

TCA is the TN Correction Academy.

I dont think its an OPSEC violation to let people know that COs train with SW 64s during pre service.

Now I DO feel that its not so OPSEC to post what a correctional facility specifically has in their arms room.

Hope you understand.

Lets just say for right now that I know those folks at TCA.. and yes.. I did know what the acronym stood for.. And they have a few other .38's then just the mod 64.