Titans need a running back

Guest sqlightning

a good part of cj's issues are the offensive line/coaching staff. it has improved with hutchinson/velasco on the line, but i think they need a better o-line coach.

Guest The Dude

CJ is the least of our problems. They need to do something with the defense if they want to win games. We get picked apart through the air, and run over on the ground.

Agreed about CJ, but keep in mind that the Titans are last in a lot of categories in O and D. The problem is on both sides of the ball. Only 3 people have control over that. The head coach, the GM and the owner.

Agreed...

Changes are needed!

Dave S

Agreed about CJ, but keep in mind that the Titans are last in a lot of categories in O and D. The problem is on both sides of the ball. Only 3 people have control over that. The head coach, the GM and the owner.

I don't place the blame on CJ alone, their current status is certainly a team effort. It just frustrates me to know when he gets the ball it is not going anywhere. And the Titans opponents know this as well and concentrate their efforts shutting down the passing game. As for the defense, well it speaks for itself. All in all, not fun to watch anymore.

Doesn't Eddie own and run a "Greasy Burger" joint just outside OSU's Campus? One of my co-workers went to Ohio State and said he did. I myself don't know.

Dave S

Marcus Allen owned a Toyota (I think) dealership in Kansas City, but that doesn't mean that he drove Toyotas. :shrug:

The defense is definitely an problem and the O line is weak at best. But the most aggravating part is watching CJ get the ball and just stop. Then he gets tackled for a loss.

When he had his big year, he would get the handoff and hit the O line. He would bounce off and find a gap and then be gone. That is a huge difference to the way he is playing this year. He expects to have that hole every time he gets ball and if its not there, he freezes. His speed is a non issue at this point because he only runs laterally. We need a big strong back again that can power off those three yard runs. If we got a few of those every series, the defenses would relax on the pass protection a little and we might be able to get a passing game going.