Titans need a running back

I've finally broken down and agreed with the haters that Titans football is boring. Watching the big plays on the marquee games (like last night's Saints vs. Chargers) is exciting. If the Titans get a pickup of more than 6 yards, we celebrate like it's a touchdown. That's nothing new with Munchoke. Fisher played that same kind of smash-mouth game. It may or may not be a winning startegy, but it certainly is a boring one.

I wonder how much more losing the team can take before the seats start to look like a Tuesday afternoon baseball game.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

The Titans should forfeit the rest of their games this season. Then fire all the coaching staff and players. Finally, hire better players and coaches for the 2013 season. BTW, not a Titans Fan!

Chicago%20bears%20logo.jpg

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

I 'd say he's the reason Fisher is no longer there

That's a fact. Adams fired Fisher. It was his decision, not the GM's.

I'm of the opinion that until Bud opens up that wallet, things won't really change. Sure we'll have the occasional good season with a deep run in the playoffs, but there's no dynasty in our future. As of July, TN was #2 in the amount of money under the salary cap, second only to Jacksonville.

I don't know the financials of the team and Bud. It may be a smart business move to look for low-cost value players (unproven rookies, or aging veterans) and augmenting that with a few key roles in their prime (CJ, McCourty, Roos). I can say it's not the most winning strategy ever put together. In the end, it's a business. Bud wants a Super Bowl. I suspect he wants a fat wallet more.

Look at how much money they wasted on Vince Young the headcase. First, he sat on the bench while an elderly Kerry Collins started. Then, to make matters worse, you have a guy with a history of mental health issues, temper tantrums etc.. who is starts cussing out one of the most seasoned coaches in the NFL. What does the ownership do??? They side with Vince the crybaby and fire Fisher who was/is a great coach. I pretty much blame the unconditional support of Vince Young for the poor state the Titans have fallen into...

• Like 1

Chris Johnson sux! While he's not the only reason they're losing, he is the reason they have zero running game. I'm over 300 lbs. and I can stutter step in place and then fall down. Pay Eddie George a butt load of money to come back and be better off.

Chris Johnson is the sole reason I can't watch the titans anymore. Maybe if I had never played football, I wouldn't notice him as much.

Look at how much money they wasted on Vince Young the headcase. First, he sat on the bench while an elderly Kerry Collins started. Then, to make matters worse, you have a guy with a history of mental health issues, temper tantrums etc.. who is starts cussing out one of the most seasoned coaches in the NFL. What does the ownership do??? They side with Vince the crybaby and fire Fisher who was/is a great coach. I pretty much blame the unconditional support of Vince Young for the poor state the Titans have fallen into...

This

Chris Johnson got his payday. Now all he has to do is preserve what's left of his body for retirement. I'm sure that we've all seen this before, so no surprises here.

At least Haynesworth did that to Washington. Hehe.

I've been a Cowboys fan since I was a kid. I'll always bleed Blue and Silver, but I also rooted for the Titans during the Fisher years. I am glad to see Eddie George on FOX's Saturday night college coverage. He looks like a kid sitting there. I hope he feels as physically good as he looks.

At this point in the season, there's no doubt Manning made a wise decsion not coming here. :(

Johnson is a great running back if the goal posts were on the sidelines. It appears now he forgot his job is to move the ball downfield. A defensive player only has to say BOO and down he goes. Park his butt on the bench and give the backups a chance, can't be any worse off.

I don't think Manning ever really considered coming here. He already knew that the front office was in disarray, the coaching staff was in flux, the receiver core is an old-but-still-good Nate Washington with a couple of TEs plus some guys that stay hurt, and an overrated RB*. Not to mention he's smart enough to go to a team not owned by Bud Adams. He turned down an extra $6m/year to take Denver over Tennessee. That was money wisely left on the table. If Bud won't pay for an elite receiver core and a top-shelf coach, he'll never get an elite QB.

CJ is a solid 1000-1300 yard RB. That's not chump change, but it's hardly best in the league. I'm not a CJ fan by any means and I think 2009 was a fluke, but keep in mind that in his worst year he still broke 1,000 yards. That puts him in the top 10-15 rushers in the league.

2008: 1228 yds

2009: 2006 yds

2010: 1364 yds

2011: 1047 yds

At least Haynesworth did that to Washington. Hehe.

I've been a Cowboys fan since I was a kid. I'll always bleed Blue and Silver, but I also rooted for the Titans during the Fisher years. I am glad to see Eddie George on FOX's Saturday night college coverage. He looks like a kid sitting there. I hope he feels as physically good as he looks.

At this point in the season, there's no doubt Manning made a wise decsion not coming here. :(

As a side note, Eddie is a healthfood freak. He eats extremely well, so it's no surprise to me how he still looks.

I don't think Manning ever really considered coming here. He already knew that the front office was in disarray, the coaching staff was in flux, the receiver core is an old-but-still-good Nate Washington with a couple of TEs plus some guys that stay hurt, and an overrated RB*. Not to mention he's smart enough to go to a team not owned by Bud Adams. He turned down an extra $6m/year to take Denver over Tennessee. That was money wisely left on the table. If Bud won't pay for an elite receiver core and a top-shelf coach, he'll never get an elite QB.

CJ is a solid 1000-1300 yard RB. That's not chump change, but it's hardly best in the league. I'm not a CJ fan by any means and I think 2009 was a fluke, but keep in mind that in his worst year he still broke 1,000 yards. That puts him in the top 10-15 rushers in the league.

2008: 1228 yds

2009: 2006 yds

2010: 1364 yds

2011: 1047 yds

But those thousand yards aren't consistent. He goes for 18 yards a game for 5 games and then busts 200. We don't need a thousand yard rusher like that. We need a consistent rusher.

As a side note, Eddie is a healthfood freak. He eats extremely well, so it's no surprise to me how he still looks.

Doesn't Eddie own and run a "Greasy Burger" joint just outside OSU's Campus? One of my co-workers went to Ohio State and said he did. I myself don't know.

Dave S