VersaCarry

Guest carpma11

Guest carpma11

Does anyone else use one of these low-bulk gems? At first glance they look like some kind of novelty, but my experience with one is very positive. I have a 2nd Generation small model for a .380 and I love it. The only issue is long-term comfort, since the pistol I carry with it has a tendency to rub into your leg if I carry it all day. Blame the gun, not the Versa. I'll typically use a Galco Stow-N-Go for all-day carry, but the VersaCarry can't be beat for short trips. Nothing has less bulk and "print". Thoughts?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again....

I wouldn't use one if you gave it to me.

I'm not a fan of stuffing anything up the muzzle end of the bore, of carrying without a round in the chamber, or of carrying without something covering the trigger other than my pants.

Edited by DaddyO
Guest carpma11

Here we go again is right. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that "I wouldn't carry an uncovered trigger..." song, I'd have dozens of dollars. I understand being wary of new ideas, but I've never heard anyone who's tried one complain about it (including the Metro cops that recommended it to me). If they were as dangerous as people say, there'd be people with holes in their butts (besides the standard one) all over America.

Here we go again is right. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that "I wouldn't carry an uncovered trigger..." song, I'd have dozens of dollars. I understand being wary of new ideas, but I've never heard anyone who's tried one complain about it (including the Metro cops that recommended it to me). If they were as dangerous as people say, there'd be people with holes in their butts (besides the standard one) all over America.

Well just because they are police officers doesn't mean they have thought out the safety implications. I wouldn't carry that holster under any circumstances. For the exact 3 reasons DaddyO stated above. I will not carry without covering the trigger, I will not carry without a round in the chamber, and I will not intentionally stick anything in the muzzle of a loaded gun.

I wear boxers and an undershirt that could easily hook the trigger.

I think you don't hear a lot of horror stories because people who carry guns a lot don't actually use this holster, even if they bought one.

Guest carpma11

I know there's logic behind the objections. However, the 2nd Gen. model does have an optional shield that covers the trigger guard. I also wouldn't carry it with a pistol that didn't have a long DAO trigger. It's the same arguments for and against the belt-clip type attachments and ClipDraw/Barami Hip Grip methods of carry. It's not for everyone. Like I said, I don't use it if I'm going to be carrying for a long period of time. I certainly prefer it over pocket carry, which seemingly everyone recommends for carrying little 380s and snubbies. Agree to disagree, I guess. Far be it from me to argue with gents with excellent enough taste to use Raylan and Delmar for their avatars.

Guest carpma11

No, the topic was meant to get feedback from people who USE the Versacarry. You'll notice it didn't say "I really want to hear all the same knee-jerk, reactionary opinions of people who don't use them".

No, the topic was meant to get feedback from people who USE the Versacarry. You'll notice it didn't say "I really want to hear all the same knee-jerk, reactionary opinions of people who don't use them".

I wasn't arguing as much as just stating my opinion. I don't think you'll find many here that have actually carried the holster, a few, but not many.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that "I wouldn't carry an uncovered trigger..." song, I'd have dozens of dollars.

You've heard it repeatedly for a reason - it's stupid.

It's doubtful to me that very many people even use these, which is probably why you don't hear of people with "holes in their butts".

Edited by DaddyO
  • 3 weeks later...