Firearms confiscation. How would it go down?

The way it happens is over generations.

Ban this, limit that, a little over time.

The AWB lasted 10 years. The next would could likely be permanent. Once BHO is reelected and loads the SCOTUS, gun rights will go downhill over time. 5 or 6 states already limit "assault" configs, have mag capacity restrictions, ban private sales, have gun show sale restrictions. This is likely to expand rather than contract. I expect to see all private firearm sales federally banned in my lifetime, and I'm getting on up there and all.

"Reeducation" is the key. Guns are bad, only bad people use guns. Since after this election the Dems will have a lock since they'll have the >50% captive audience voting base, they'll just whittle away. Soon, the grandkids find your guns in the attic, can't wait to turn them in, maybe for food rations as living conditions continue to degrade.

The recent push for national carry permit recognition is a wolf in sheep's clothing. A dangerous precedent. What can be granted can be banned, once the precedent for control is demonstrated for future courts.

Fantasy? Maybe, maybe not. But that's the way it will happen if it does -- in bits and pieces by legislation, generational propaganda, attrition. Eventually, making firearm possession a criminal act and ferreting out the remaining criminals over the last generation of holdouts.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

The tan ones I've seen were working just fine. I think they just dyed the black ones :)

Man, I was hoping I could pass all mine around and jam up the Oppressor's rifles, thus enabling all the Wolverines freedom fighters normal people to seize the day.

Currently IIRC the last vote was a 5 to 4 decision. Obama gets the chance to appoint a couple more judges then that number changes in the wrong direction.

Should a case make it to them they think they should hear; they will rule the same way this court did. We already fought a war over States Rights and it isn’t going to happen again. This isn’t about guns; it’s about States’ Rights and the SCOTUS is not going to make a decision that cannot be enforced.

I’m still curious as to why this going to happen?

It has about as much chance of happening as a ballistic submarine firing a “warning shot†nuke over Washing D.C. from a foreign island. But that makes for great TV. rollfloor.gif

First of all Alex Jones is a con artist.

However, the Government wants to get rid of firearms, I think this is how they will do it. They will never outlaw guns in this nation, because the Constitution will not allow it. However, they could and probably will outlaw ammunition sales at some point and I bet you dollars to donuts that will stand up to Constitutional scrutiny. Now it all the bullets won't be gone overnight obviously, but at some point, we all will stop shooting, to save the ammo we all have stockpiled. And at some point, later on, most firearms will only be worth the price of scrap metal, so you will see gun buy back programs that will actually work. No need to call out the Military, National Guard or LE, for such a campaign. Over a period of time, gun control won't matter. When they start talking restrictions on ammunition, start getting VERY worried, because if it ever passes, out gooses are cooked.

Edited by Moped

If the government announed that EVERYONE in the nation must turn in their firearms or face serious jail time this is how I see things happening.

90% of the gun owners will, without question, show up at collection centers and turn in their firearms.

9% will hide their guns deep in some far away place.

1% will stand up and fight with everything they have.

And regardless of which group you are in the reason is the same, fear of the government.

Dolomite

• Like 2

Make possession of a firearm a felony with automatic 20 years in prison. Most will turn them in. The ones that don't will hide them. A hidden gun is no use to anyone. I am not saying this will happen but it would be simple.

If the government announed that EVERYONE in the nation must turn in their firearms or face serious jail time this is how I see things happening.

90% of the gun owners will, without question, show up at collection centers and turn in their firearms.

And regardless of which group you are in the reason is the same, fear of the government.

Dolomite

It would be interesting. The 10% that would hide their weapons or fight is almost as large as our military.

Dolomite

Nope. It wouldn’t be gun owners; it would be states. There would be states that will not stand for it, and when push comes to shove the feds would do nothing.

But its moot; it’s not going to happen.

It would be interesting. The 10% that would hide their weapons or fight is almost as large as our military.

They sold 15 million guns last year. How big is our military? Nobody knows how many gun owners are out there, but it could easily be 100 million. 10% of that is...

First of all Alex Jones is a con artist.

However, the Government wants to get rid of firearms, I think this is how they will do it. They will never outlaw guns in this nation, because the Constitution will not allow it. However, they could and probably will outlaw ammunition sales at some point and I bet you dollars to donuts that will stand up to Constitutional scrutiny. Now it all the bullets won't be gone overnight obviously, but at some point, we all will stop shooting, to save the ammo we all have stockpiled. And at some point, later on, most firearms will only be worth the price of scrap metal, so you will see gun buy back programs that will actually work. No need to call out the Military, National Guard or LE, for such a campaign. Over a period of time, gun control won't matter. When they start talking restrictions on ammunition, start getting VERY worried, because if it ever passes, out gooses are cooked.

That can’t happen either. First, it would be the same as a ban on firearms and would not stand.

Second, Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act (and the same in other states) allows us to make and sell ammo here. Again, it would be a shot at States’ Rights and won’t happen.

They sold 15 million guns last year. How big is our military? Nobody knows how many gun owners are out there, but it could easily be 100 million. 10% of that is...

thumbsup.gif We nuked Japan because of the casualties that were being predicted if we tried to occupy it. Same applies here.

I see what you are saying. I was only counting the potential gun owners based upon Dolomites 10% of the population that would fight or hide their weapons. We will probably never know how many weapons are actually out there unless there is a real attempt to confiscate. Then it would still only be someone's estimate.

Our system of government would have to collapse first. If that happends, knocking on my front door will be a dangerous thing to do.

I agree there will need to be a total collapse.. Got to get past the dogs first..

What will happen is me and my buddies will fly around in black choppers we keep hidden behind the police department and land in every neighborhood kicking in doors looking for donuts and guns. <-sarcasm in case you didn't know it. Every few months some over paranoid people get this stirred up. This will not happen atleast any time in the near future (our lifetime) and wouldn't work. Also if by some crazy chance this were to happen I don't work for the federal government I work for my city. So federal components can not command state and local law enforcement.

Also if by some crazy chance this were to happen I don't work for the federal government I work for my city. So federal components can not command state and local law enforcement.

Don't be silly! Obama is ready to name his Federales Over Municipalities Czar! Fuel up them choppers!

yhey will do it slowly over time .lust like the russin said in 1960 i will or we will take you over from within in 1960 did anyone think we would have the gc of 1968 or how about the gc act of 1986 when regan was in the whitehouse dont kid yourself they the libs are doin g it with our kids

• Like 1

yhey will do it slowly over time .lust like the russin said in 1960 i will or we will take you over from within in 1960 did anyone think we would have the gc of 1968 or how about the gc act of 1986 when regan was in the whitehouse dont kid yourself they the libs are doin g it with our kids

Yep, I said same in #27, but folks seem to think that if it can't happen now, it can't happen after their life times either.

"They" will never come after the guns in frontal mass door to door action, because "they" won't have to.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

So, my personal opinion......we all could or would give up A gun if it came down to it for what ever reason. One gun out of many isn't a problem for most of us. I give you one gun with my left hand while I'm shooting you or at you with my right hand holding another gun. :usa: