NRA. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan---

Yesterday I got a email from

Chris W. Cox admin@nramedia.org

I am sure many of you know this name and address.

Endorsing Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan,

In the email it said "Mitt Romney came to our annual NRA Leadership Forum earlier this year. He looked you, me and every one of our fellow NRA members straight in the eye and pledged to uphold and defend our Second Amendment freedoms."

I thought about that and I would like to see the video.

Then a second email came in today.

it had a youtube video. At least Paul Ryan appears to like guns. But still no clear statement from Mitt Romney in my opinion.

I want to see clear video of Mitt supporting the 2nd amendment.

Not another one where he shows he barely knows anything about guns and hunting such as

or

Yes I dug up old video, no difference then any other media sources

Guest 6.8 AR

I wouldn't worry about Romney upholding the 2nd Amendment, or any of the rest of it. You have one already

occupying the White House who wants to trash it. Remember how fragile the Supreme Court is at this time

before you delve into single issue voting. Does not apply.

This race is for the survival of our country, not the 2nd Amendment only.

One can find a video that praises or curses any candidate out there. Romney ain't the one who will grab guns

and you know it.

vontar, you will not find anything showing Mittens supporting the 2nd because he has never supported the 2nd.

It would be easier to find a sex tape of the Pope...

Colorado shooting...

Romney: "We don't need any more gun laws."

Obama: "Nobody needs an AK47"

Tin foil hats: "They're the same".

Yeah, well.... who actually signed legislation concerning such, though? ;)

Mittens can say whatever he wants. I'm concerned with what he has actually done.

Can't fool me.

Edited by strickj
  • Like 1

vontar, you will not find anything showing Mittens supporting the 2nd because he has never supported the 2nd.

It would be easier to find a sex tape of the Pope...

Yeah, well.... who actually signed legislation concerning such, though? ;)

Mittens can say whatever he wants. I'm concerned with what he has actually done.

Can't fool me.

It's amazing the members on here are actually trying to defend Romney on the 2nd Amendment. Most of us agree Obama needs to go but you guys are actually drinking the Romney cool-aid.

• Like 3

He's not the governor of a blue state anymore. That has nothing to do with now. Everything I've read about that legislation was that is was actually an improvement in gun rights over what it replaced. What would he have gained by vetoing the legislation, and possibly derailing something much more important. Gun laws in Mass are just gonna suck. He may have helped make them better. Jesus himself couldn't make them not suck.

He has been clear about his pro 2a position as president, which is what's on the table now. He doesn't have an anti-gun agenda. Obama does.

• Like 3

It's amazing the members on here are actually trying to defend Romney on the 2nd Amendment. Most of us agree Obama needs to go but you guys are actually drinking the Romney cool-aid.

Somebody is drinking koolaid, that's for sure. The NRA just endorsed him. Do they have some hidden anti-gun agenda too?

• Like 1

Honest question... Did they have to? They don't endorse all Repubs, and certainly don't endorse someone in every race.

I'm asking because I don't know: can you give examples of presidential races where the NRA didn't support a candidate?

I was considering a NRA membership but I've been told by friends and family that they are terrible with junk mail and political propaganda. I'm not against the messages but I don't need it jammed down my throat.

FWIW: I am NOT a fan of Romney but I do not think he is anti guns. I detest him because he will say whatever he thinks you want to hear,inI order to get elected. I have zero respect for that. I'd like to see a republican candidate, some day, who has some conviction.

Remember how fragile the Supreme Court is at this time

before you delve into single issue voting.

What part of that quote is so hard to understand? If Obama has the chance to select another Supreme Court justice, do you really think he's going to pick a conservative? How many potential justices are there waiting on Obama's tap that fit his ideal liberal qualifications MINUS being anti-2nd Amendment? It's safe to say NONE. If even one exists, Obama will go to the next person that fits all of his requirements. In the next four years, he can tilt the SCOTUS to the point we're screwed on every single conservative and/or libertarian issue.

There is no such thing as the perfect candidate unless you live in Mayberry.

Guest 6.8 AR

That's their official stance on supporting candidates for office. They claim to be a single issue organization.

He must have satisfied them enough to either make them hypocrites, or they changed their official stance

for endorsements.

At this late date, does it really matter, except for someone's egos? The race is on. Either you vote or you

don't. Criticizing Romney will only hurt our chances to criticize him while he is in office. Some of you folks

don't seem to understand the power assumed by a re-election of a sitting president. Obama will assume

it gives him a clear mandate to his agenda.

I wouldn't be wasting my time fighting about Romney, except that some don't understand politics, or just want

to figure out how to pick a fight about a non-existent issue.

I wouldn't worry about Romney upholding the 2nd Amendment, or any of the rest of it. You have one already

occupying the White House who wants to trash it. Remember how fragile the Supreme Court is at this time

before you delve into single issue voting. Does not apply.

This race is for the survival of our country, not the 2nd Amendment only.

One can find a video that praises or curses any candidate out there. Romney ain't the one who will grab guns

and you know it.

Very true. The SCOTUS will determine the future of the 2A as well as other constitutional issues, and the president appoints the justices. Obama will most certainly appoint another liberal judge if given the opportunity.

Very true. The SCOTUS will determine the future of the 2A as well as other constitutional issues, and the president appoints the justices. Obama will most certainly appoint another liberal judge if given the opportunity.

More likely two or three. Kennedy has said he's outta there, only stayed this long in hopes of Rep. prez this election. I can't imagine Ginsberg lasting much longer -- she's a liberal, but like Sotomayor and Kagan will look like a conservative compared to his next crop. Scalia is 76, etc.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest 6.8 AR

Who is defending who? How about growing up?

Iv'e read this thread with great interest. Some things to think about:

Do any of you believe that Nobama is a greater friend to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights than any candidate that is running against him?

Do you believe that Nobama will appoint Constitutionalist justices to any court; especially the Supreme Court?

For you mizers; have ya taken a look at how much more or less your dollar will buy today vs a few years ago (....that's if ya have any dollars....).

For ya lookin for work in most any industry that pays pretty well (....mining, heavy manufacturing, transportation, etc....); how is the business doin that ya work for? ... better, worse?.... .

For ya that are lookin for a job; hows the job market?? Lots to choose from???....

The fact is that ya have two choices on the ballot in november; Nobama and Romney. Ya need to make up your mind who ya are gonna vote for. I already have. All this baloney and grousing about the canditate positions is simply "....pickin the fly s***t out of the pepper...". If ya like keeping the freedoms ya have; you know what to do. If ya like authoritarianism and bein poor(er); ya know what to do. Choose wisely.

leroy

• Like 2

uhhhhhh...so tired of all this stuipid debating where no one wins. has anyones mind been swayed by what someones written here. i dont trust romney and nothing u tell me will make me. ill rather go with gary and feel better about my vote. good luck with everyone else, u wont change my mind and i beleive most peoples minds are made up by now.

uhhhhhh...so tired of all this stuipid debating where no one wins. has anyones mind been swayed by what someones written here. i dont trust romney and nothing u tell me will make me. ill rather go with gary and feel better about my vote. good luck with everyone else, u wont change my mind and i beleive most peoples minds are made up by now.

That's fine, but you have to face reality that a vote for Gary is not a vote for Romney. The fact is.... either Romney or Obama WILL win. When Obama is being sworn in after a slim-margin win, will you still feel better about your vote? I guess I just don't get it... why even bother to vote if your guy has no chance to win? Prove a point? If so, to whom? I'm not criticising your opinion, I'm just trying to understand how that can possibly make you feel any better than not voting at all.

I'm voting for Romney because it will make me feel better about my vote that I actually tried to get Obama out of office. Plus, I think Romney will do a much better job than O.

Edited by Batman
Guest 6.8 AR

I think Romney and Ryan will do just fine and no one has convinced me that the 2nd amendment is

unsafe with them as the winners, yet. I think for that to become a problem, the house and senate would

have to be blue, and then I doubt it.