Converting a 40 cal glock to 9mm

Guest etnsr9c

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't use a factory Glock 9mm barrel to do it. Has a smaller outside diameter. Have to use a conversion barrel such as Lonewolf, KKM, etc. Some say for ultimate reliability switch to a 9mm extractor and guide rod system as well. Most I'd say just switch barrels and mags.

Actually there are people that say they have been using a factory 9mm barrel for years and thousands of rounds. I've done it but it has been closer to 500 rounds. The reason is I've never been able to find a conversion barrel in stock anywhere.

I've never owned a .40 Glock but I have a LEO friend who does and owns many dozens of pistols. I was shooting at the Viola Valley Shooting Range one day alongside this guy and commented that I didn't know he had a G34. He told me he didn't, that he had a G35. I said those aren't .40 cals he is shooting. He said, I was right, that he had put a stock Glock 34 barrel in his 35 and for shooting steel it works just fine and accuracy is acceptable for that. I'm not saying I endorse that but I am just saying...

However, it does appear that Lonewolf has conversion barrels in stock: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.aspx?CAT=241

Guest etnsr9c

i heard that using a stock barrel is not as accurate because it does not lock up to the slide properly because the outside diameter of the factory 9mm barrel is smaller than the 40 cal barrel

Seamed very accurate to me with a stock G19 barrel. There is a lot of play in Sig barrels and slides but people swear by their accuracy. I remember reading that one of the professional shooters used a factory G34 barrel in a G35 with 10 thousand plus rounds and no signs of wear.

Buy a conversion barrel if your buying but if your like me and have G19 barrel use it.

I have a G19 Gen4 and a G23 Gen4. The outside diameter of the G19 barrel is .57". The outside diameter of the G23 barrel is .59". I just swapped barrels. There's an obvious gap around the barrel in the end of the slide, but it locks up pretty tight. I can see how it could be accurate.

....I've never been able to find a conversion barrel in stock anywhere.

I've had a G23 40 to 9 conversion barrel on backorder at Lone Wolf for almost six months. Every time the expected delivery date gets close they move it. When I first ordered it in early June, the expected delivery date was the end of June. Since then they have moved the date three or four times...they now expect delivery by 11/1/12....I'm not holding my breath. I understand they have great products, but their comunication with their customers sucks. They have yet to explain the delays or coummunicate with me about it. From what I've read this is common with them and has been going on for years. :rant:

I bought a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 22 Gen 4. It was about $130 from MidwayUsa when I bought it a couple of years ago. That and a couple of G17 mags and I was good to go. Dropped in without any gunsmithing required, 250 or so rounds through it with no problems. Accuracy is as good as the factory .40 barrel. Swaps in and out in a couple of minutes.