Life Lessons Learned These Past Few Days

• Administrator

Life Lessons Learned These Past Few Days...

1. No matter how bad things are at the moment, they could always be worse. Be thankful. If you can't see anything to be thankful for, be thankful for the fact that you haven't been shown how much worse it really could get.

2. Material things are temporary. Don't let them dominate your life. Don't let them dictate how you spend your time by forcing you to work more than you rest, just to keep those material things around. It's not worth it.

3. Families aren't perfect, but they are still family. Don't let arguments go unresolved. Don't let hateful things said go without being retracted. Say you're sorry. Tell them you love them. One day you won't be able to.

4. True friends will make themselves known. If you ever wonder who your friends really are, look around when all hell is breaking loose in your life. If they're still there with you, they're a true friend. If they aren't, they're an acquaintance and shouldn't distract you from finding true friends. When you find one, treat them like family. See above.

5. Live every day like it's your last. One of these days, you'll be right.

• Like 11
Guest rebeldrummer

David....seems like you and I have had a rough go of things in our lives the last week or so! This thread...your words are SPOT ON! I started my week out with a HUGE disappointment and heartache.....then yesterday we received some very disturbing news that shook the core of my family (having your daughters mother living with another man that is VERY DISTURBED can lead to BIG ISSUES!....especially when your daughter is exposed to things!)

Today I have a meeting that could either bear good news....or it could absolutely devastate us.

Thanks for posting these David....its nice to read them. To hear them. And to even speak them out loud.

Hope all is well with you and yours and you will be in our prayers/thoughts.....

Very good words, and sometimes you have to keep in mind even good things can come out of bad times. You may not realize it until years later how, but it can. Bad times are just another one of life's tests for us.

Life Lessons Learned These Past Few Days...

1. No matter how bad things are at the moment, they could always be worse. Be thankful. If you can't see anything to be thankful for, be thankful for the fact that you haven't been shown how much worse it really could get.

2. Material things are temporary. Don't let them dominate your life. Don't let them dictate how you spend your time by forcing you to work more than you rest, just to keep those material things around. It's not worth it.

3. Families aren't perfect, but they are still family. Don't let arguments go unresolved. Don't let hateful things said go without being retracted. Say you're sorry. Tell them you love them. One day you won't be able to.

4. True friends will make themselves known. If you ever wonder who your friends really are, look around when all hell is breaking loose in your life. If they're still there with you, they're a true friend. If they aren't, they're an acquaintance and shouldn't distract you from finding true friends. When you find one, treat them like family. See above.

5. Live every day like it's your last. One of these days, you'll be right.

I hate that you have had to go through all you have recently in order to be able to write this, but I think it should be published and painted on walls. Those are fine words to live by indeed! Prayers and condolences sent for you and your family. Give your wife a great big hug.