Jackson,TN/Indoor?

Guest RN MEDIC

Guest RN MEDIC

Do any of you folks know of ANY consideration being given by anyone to building an indoor range in the Jackson, TN area? Just hoping. The nearest indoor ranges from me are in Memphis, and gas is awfully high to drive 200 miles round trip to shoor for an hour or two.

I know some people from Jackson who have "Range USA" in east Memphis which is nice, and there's Tom Given's place Rangemaster which is also good, but none in Jackson.

Since I had heart bypass surgery and some other surgeries etc. etc. I just can't tolerate the heat, a lot of time in direct sunlight, etc. and need to shoot indoors when possible. I dropped out of the outdoor gun club in Jackson for just that reason though it was and is a good place to shoot/just didn't use it.

I'm thinking that if someone put in an indoor range in Jackson, it would do very well, but I realize the cost would be out of sight too. Oh well...

Gratefully, RN

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RN MEDIC

Sure hope they will put one in Jackson, NORTH Jackson to be exact. Maybe even Three Way. If they build one here and I can afford to go there at all, I'll definitely be a regular along with my son.

RN

• 1 year later...
Guest VolMickey

We use that range, now open on Highland at Ridgecrest - Great Outdoor Store. It's in a great location and it's climate controlled, baby! With the cold and coming hot temps in West TN, it's a wonderful resource. I'd recommend it. I'm not affiliated with the store or the range, just a fan of it.

• 6 months later...
Guest Cajun_Chuck

Is there a local shooting/gun/hunting club around Jackson that is decent? I am having a time locating a spot to go plinking and place to sight in my rifles. I am on the north side of Jackson and the only shooting club I know of is south Jackson, Tennessee Shooting Foundation and Jackson Indoor Shooting Range. I don't know much about them or if it would be worth the price to join and shoot over there. I am used to shooting for free at my local sheriff range.

Thanks in advanced.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I am a brass #%^& so I like to pick up my spent casings and what not. I know that the JISR keeps your brass.

Edited by Cajun_Chuck
If you buy their range ammo, they keep the brass. I bring my own ammo and I keep the brass, as long as it doesn't go past the firing line.

I was working there for a while part time and actually all the brass is supposed to be left for the range to pick up and re-use. I am sure some folks do collect theirs and take it with them but if they see you doing it something will probably be said, so as long as you are discreet there probably won't be any problem.:D

Guest Cajun_Chuck
I was working there for a while part time and actually all the brass is supposed to be left for the range to pick up and re-use. I am sure some folks do collect theirs and take it with them but if they see you doing it something will probably be said, so as long as you are discreet there probably won't be any problem.:D

Well, the range master said that brass is to be left. Not that big a deal in any sense. I just need more range for sighting my rifle. They can have my brass if it means I don't have to shoot in the rain.