Debate?

One of my favorite parts of the debate was when the closing comments started. Obama was way off his game, you could clearly see his anger general confusion. Mitt took him completely by surprise last night.

Can't wait for the 11th and the VP debate - should be a slaughter.

Guest 6.8 AR

I didn't expect to watch it from cover to cover, but ended up doing so. Romney started out hitting Obama with polite

sucker punches. Obama kept looking down, almost appearing to cower, but probably just showing his disdain for

having to be there. His narcissicism almost shone through. He did let it slip that he was losing at least one part by

suggesting to Lehrer to move on to the next topic. Romney kept up eye contact when Obama couldn't find his

reflection in the pool.

It will be interesting to see how the media manipulates the format and puts more restrictions on the next debate to

prop Obama up. Lehrer actually allowed the debate to flow and become educational, as it should be.

This election shouldn't even be close. With Odumba's record since he took office, he should already have the moving trucks in front of the White House. We have the liberal media doing their best in telling us how close the polls show this race is, but please remember the 2010 midterm elections. People are fed up with Odumba's policies, and no matter what the liberals tell us, he's toast.

I admit he did much better than I expected but I don't know that it was enough to sway the undecided voters just yet. I hope you guys can tell me I'm wrong again, I really do.

If you are looking at polling, that is your problem. Polls can be made to look however they want, just by who they poll. If you poll people from a very liberal area, low income neighborhood, minority, etc. - demographs that are likely to vote Obama, of course it will show Obama in a lead. Factor that with media agendas and how liberal most news networks are. They hope that showing Obama in the lead on polls will swing undecided voters so they will just mindlessly vote "for the winning side".

Have faith and the only poll that matters is the one in November. You will probably be surprised by how much Romney wins by. Obama has done very little to hold on to his voting base that he had 4 years ago, and if anything he has done things to whittle away at it so it is smaller. As long as a good amount of people aren't out voting for independents, and not Romney I think victory is assured.

During the GOP race I was very anti-Romney, but he has warmed up to me. Given the choice of O vs R, the choice is clear to me. Is Romney my ideal president? No. Is he what we need to replace O to help get the country back on path? Yes.

Guest Lester Weevils

All the fox talking heads proud of Romney's performance and even CNN and MSNBC grudgingly admitting Romney "won".

I don't like either one of them, and the part I saw had them agreeing with each other about half the time except on the means to the ends. So guess they are both talking to that 5 percent exactly in the middle of the spectrum, in the handful of states that will decide the election.

I've never considered Obama a "strong speaker" as is "taken for granted" by people on the left and right. He always seemed a bore subject to stammering fits and confusion. So I was surprised Obama didn't lapse into "stammering fool" mode. Maybe he was just selecting rehearsed talking points from his repertoire and reciting them, but at least he recited them smoothly and didn't lapse into incomprehensibility.

Perhaps the strategy is merely to speak smoothly and avoid embarrassing stammering fits. Not hurt himself in the debates rather than try to win points. That might be all that is necessary. I don't have any understanding of that 5 percent in the political middle they are wooing, so dunno what the 5 percent wants to hear.

Enjoying the comments and observations. :up:

The debate really didn't matter to me much, ABO was my goal from the beginning. I wasn't even going to watch it but I had a eerie feeling that Mitt was going to wimp-out or BHO was doing to out-lie him. That didn't happen, it started off pretty slow but it wasn't long before Mitt got on game and did it honestly and respectfully. He got his message out and made BHO look incompetent.

I was pleased with the outcome and it looks like even the MSNBC is in agreement. :rofl:

I did have to surf while BHO was stating his final case otherwise I endured all of it, caught the end of where he begged for our vote. Clearly BHO was on offense all night and looked like he'd rather be golfing.

Romney had several minutes of glory, his reference to the Constitution on the backstage, making clear that his tax plan didn't include 5 trillion in cuts that BHO continued to spouse, clearly showing the differences between RomCare and Obamcare and I loved how Mitt showed the blatant divisions expressed by BHO and his clan during the Obamcare debate, or lack of.

Looking at this debate as an undecided voter I would say Mitt would have my vote, I think that's why Mitt didn't show the fangs like he did during the primary debates. I'm glad he did well.

I think R&R has this in the bag, there is just too many negative vibes, scandals and this economy is affecting everyone.

Looking forward to seeing Ryan mop the floor with Biden. :usa:

I will say this:

Romney seems to love this country for what it was meant to be.

Obama seems to love this country for what he would like it to turn it into.

I'm hoping Romney has the potential to do something. That remains to be seen. The only sure thing is that Obama needs to go.

I'm hoping Romney has the potential to do something. That remains to be seen. The only sure thing is that Obama needs to go.

Yep. With Obama we will get 4 more of the same, with Romney we at least have the potential for some things to be fixed. Romney could just as well be all talk.

If he had any honor at all, he would have already resigned.

Pat Caddell(sp?), a democrat, had a great column months ago stating he should have stepped aside for Hillary to be the nominee. He made many valid points in the column.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yep. With Obama we will get 4 more of the same, with Romney we at least have the potential for some things to be fixed. Romney could just as well be all talk.

Romney! Excellent talker! Fast talker! He would make an excellent car sales man! But he should really keep his mouth shut! Every thing he says are lies, just talk, and horse ####!

Edited by CCI