I just don't understand women.

robin48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week I bought a 2010 F150 4x4 without talking to my wife and she was really ticked off. Even after I explained I did it this way for her. Here's what I mean. If I had mentioned it first we would have argued and she would have been all stressed out. then I would have bought it anyway and we would have argued again thus causing her more stress. This way I cut her stress in half. Even after explaining it it took a few days to get out of the doghouse. I just don't understand. :(

• Like 1

We never learn, or will never usderstand, we do things for the OLs in our lives

and it is ALWAYS wrong. I got my OL flowers one time for Her b-day years ago, first words She said

"I wish they were Roses". I have NEVER got Her flowers again.

We will NEVER understand.

Till She started reading about the DHS buying ammo, now I have an open to get what I need.

It's not the first time and she is getting a new floor and bedroom set. That what bail was set out. And just so those who may want to criticize know, we have been married 31 years and other than Jesus she is the best thing to ever happen to me. She knows how I feel about her. We dance this dance about every three years.

• Like 1

We're only 2 years into our marriage and have done that a couple of times as well. Neither one of us knew exactly how to handle it so we both ended up with new cars, if anyone has advice on the best way to address those situations please share because it may get pretty expensive if we both end up with new cars every time one is bought lol

A friend had an ingenious way of dealing with such things. For him, it was motorcycle parts and the conversations typically went like this...

Him - Hey hon', I bought a new exhaust for the bike.

Her - Oh yeah, how much was it?

Him - $1800

Her - WHAT!?!? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F__ING MIND?!?!

Him - Calm down, I'm kidding. It was only $900.

Her - Oh.... well... I guess that's ok.

He said he learned that it didn't matter if it was $500 or $5000, she'd always get pissed at the amount. But if he made it appear as though it was a good deal, the actual amount suddenly didn't matter so much.

We always discuss any kind of major purchase. I bring in most of the money but I'm horrible at managing it, she however is really good at managing money. If I want something I tell her and she investigates whether or not we can afford it. If not she usually gives me some options like I can sell X or I can probably afford it in a certain period of time. She likes me to be able to get whatever it is that I want and helps me do it responsibly. If she wants something she asks me if she can buy it. She never asks for much so she usually gets whatever she asks for. We also don't have any debt.

• Like 1

We always discuss any kind of major purchase. I bring in most of the money but I'm horrible at managing it, she however is really good at managing money. If I want something I tell her and she investigates whether or not we can afford it. If not she usually gives me some options like I can sell X or I can probably afford it in a certain period of time. She likes me to be able to get whatever it is that I want and helps me do it responsibly. If she wants something she asks me if she can buy it. She never asks for much so she usually gets whatever she asks for. We also don't have any debt.

Pretty much my situation as well. We do have debt on cars and house though. We are both getting better; me at saving money and her at buying herself something nice every now and then. We fought about money ALOT when we first got marries though.

If my husband woud pull that.. not sure how I would react..Then again..I like trucks..lol

Marriage is 50/50 in our house.. we know how much money we have and who spends what.If its major stuff.. it gets discussed before ..

Small stuff we dont need to talk about ...We both have our hobbies and if he would tell me about every little spring or bullet or reloading item he needs, I prolly would go nuts.

Same with my horse and related items.. he doesnt care what I spend money on..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week I bought a 2010 F150 4x4 without talking to my wife and she was really ticked off. Even after I explained I did it this way for her. Here's what I mean. If I had mentioned it first we would have argued and she would have been all stressed out. then I would have bought it anyway and we would have argued again thus causing her more stress. This way I cut her stress in half. Even after explaining it it took a few days to get out of the doghouse. I just don't understand. :(

Ok I read this like 5 times now...

I kinda understand your dilema... the more I read it.. lol

You did try to do something nice for your wife and it backfired :(

And you ended in the dog house for it.. lol

What lesson have you learned now? :)

I did the same thing with Lasik surgery. They kinda pulled the car salesman approach on me, and, while I'd just gone in for a consultation (which the wife knew about), I'd scheduled the surgery by the time I walked out. Called the wife from the parking garage in Tyson's Corner, and whooo man was that bad conversation. Still get's brought up 4 years later, albeit in a joking fashion.

Edited by wipfel

A friend had an ingenious way of dealing with such things. For him, it was motorcycle parts and the conversations typically went like this...

Him - Hey hon', I bought a new exhaust for the bike.

Her - Oh yeah, how much was it?

Him - $1800

Her - WHAT!?!? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F__ING MIND?!?!

Him - Calm down, I'm kidding. It was only $900.

Her - Oh.... well... I guess that's ok.

He said he learned that it didn't matter if it was $500 or $5000, she'd always get pissed at the amount. But if he made it appear as though it was a good deal, the actual amount suddenly didn't matter so much.

"But honey! It was on sale!" That's what I hear all of the time. Fortunately, I don't need to resort to the measures the OP did.

A friend of mine has it figured out, I think. He bought a $2000 set of tires for his offroad truck. Couple months later he was talking to me about getting a set of tires for something else. His wife overheard and said, "Great, that will be another $500 like the last set." I almost fell on the floor laughing right there.