Nashville Armory going to be on newschannel5 today

tercel89

• Administrator

I do.

Good for you. I've shot at On Target a lot over the years. I stopped doing it when their air scrubbers stopped being able to keep up with the volume of shooting and I began leaving with enough black soot in my nose to be sneezing that crap out for the next few days. I also stopped doing it when they stopped keeping their lanes in operational order from where all of the idiots were shooting the cable systems to pieces.

They may have improved it some over the past years. Who knows. I stopped going and have shot outside exclusively until I saw the quality of the equipment that Nashville Armory has invested in for their range, and saw the investment they have made in air scrubbers to keep it clean.

But yeah, enjoy whatever other range you want to use. Free country.

My wife snd I live in Hendersonville & frequent G&L, but will give the noobs a chance to earn our business. I am all for competition in pricing as well as service.

I hope this weekend will offer us time to visit the new facility.

sent from ...

Stopped by this morning. Really good crowd there. Good looking building and the interior is pretty nice as well. Good, roomy layout. Plenty of room to move around and look at the inventory, or at least will be after today and tomorrow. Very nice display cases. Well lighted interior. And the range area is awesome. Also well lighted. And the controls for the target trolley is very easy to use. I took the opportunity to shoot a couple of Beretta pistols while there. A PX4 compact and a Nano. FWIW, I like the PX4 and have mixed feelings about the Nano.

All things considered, I'll probably join myself. Not the closest to me, but much nicer/better than anything else in the area. Oh yeah, the staff was very nice as well.

Hows the traffic around that area on weekends?

Normally, I wouldn't think it bad. It's really not a volume traffic street. It kinda parallels 65 and you can see the shop from 65. Worst part should be the Sidco Drive portion. NG Armory and Admin quarters are in that area, and some industrial and office buildings, but not a real problem from either.

I'd be up there today, but I can't drive for a couple more weeks. Hope you folks have a great opening.

I' d like to go in the next week or two. Maybe I could pick you up and a few of us from Clarksvegas could make the trip?

I think someone should arrange a TGO day at the new facility!

Dave S

• Like 1

Good for you. I've shot at On Target a lot over the years. I stopped doing it when their air scrubbers stopped being able to keep up with the volume of shooting and I began leaving with enough black soot in my nose to be sneezing that crap out for the next few days. I also stopped doing it when they stopped keeping their lanes in operational order from where all of the idiots were shooting the cable systems to pieces.

They may have improved it some over the past years. Who knows. I stopped going and have shot outside exclusively until I saw the quality of the equipment that Nashville Armory has invested in for their range, and saw the investment they have made in air scrubbers to keep it clean.

But yeah, enjoy whatever other range you want to use. Free country.

I joined also. Looking forward to meeting you sometime.

I' d like to go in the next week or two. Maybe I could pick you up and a few of us from Clarksvegas could make the trip?

I think someone should arrange a TGO day at the new facility!

Dave S

WELL YEA, sounds like a good idear.

I am free just about every Saturday, all day if in the plans.

Edited by RED333

The price isn't bad, I'm more interested in how they manage the tards on the range more so than the costs. Would rather pay that plus some, than be somewhere for free that doesn't monitor the shooters.

Plus being about 5 minutes away helps as well

Guest Brian Manookian

Checking in during an insane opening day. It was awesome to see a lot of you out there.

Just FYI, the $20 isn't per hour -- it's unlimited. You can shoot as long as you want. We don't have timers at the counters, nor do we keep track of how long you've been on the range.

Checking in during an insane opening day. It was awesome to see a lot of you out there.

Just FYI, the $20 isn't per hour -- it's unlimited. You can shoot as long as you want. We don't have timers at the counters, nor do we keep track of how long you've been on the range.

Thanks...that's better yet, but I was coming anyways!

Am I to assume you have some .45 acp ammo in stock?

I'll see what the TGO staff puts together for our range visit.

Dave S

Went by today myself. Decided to change my membership from a weekday only to a full membership based on meeting the guys last week, and today's experience.

I am looking forward to them getting the wireless all set up so I can sit in the lounge and work. The members lounge has a soda fountain and a Keureg brewer.

Shot some on the right half of the range. The trolley system is the smoothest I have used. Can't wait to try out the left side with all the super cool target controls.

Word is they plan to do indoor IDPA starting, hopefully, in a month or so.

Good to know. Thanks.

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing... the fact of what I stated remains however.

I was pointing out that the value of the passes and rentals less the membership price is $205. That averaged out over the year means you would have to go shoot 10.25 times to 'break even'. Anything more than 10.25 times and you would be shooting 'for free.'