XDs quote...

Steelharp

The Springfield XDS .45.

In the new Guns & Ammo Handguns Annual, Patrick Sweeney has an article in there on it. This is the most laughable quote ever: "Why the excitement? Simple. This is the single-stack, compact carry .45 that the polymer-and-striker crowd has long been clamoring for."

The Glock 36 has been around... how long? Sweeney's an idiot. :shake:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Most writers for gun rags are morons. How they got their job I'll never know.

There was an article not long ago in Handloader about cast bullets in .44 THe writer goes on to say that Johnson's Paste Wax can be used to lube the bullet with great results. WHAT? Is this guy high? JPW is a key ingredient in a good homemade bullet lube but you certainly CANNOT use it as a stand alone lube. What a marooon.

These guys are why we have so many BS myths in the gun world. It's not the readers fault. THey are under the assumption that they are reading factual data presented by well informed professionals. These writers are responsible for the ridiculous inane arguments we see hashed out all the time. My penis is bigger than your's cause my gun has more knockdown power. OR they tout some new whizz bang cartridge that throws the same .30 bullet as a 30/06, only 200 FPS FASTER!!! ..AND it'll only cost $50 a box. OR real hunters hunt with this new ultrs super short over compensating magnum....instead of actually learning to shoot, you can use these MIRV ballistic peace keeping missile tipped rounds to compensate for your incompetency.

I hate most gun magazines. Show me ONE that isn't full of poop.

Guest twpayne75

I can get better real world reviews on guns from people such as here and other gun forums than I can from any magazine. It amazes me that half of them are still being published. I admit I have hundreds of old copies of Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement. Used to love to read them. Now I rarely read even them.

The last gun magazine I picked up was about $10. All that I could tell was in it was advertisements. I just laid it back down and kept moving.

Remember that they're getting paid by sponsors to make all guns look good & sound interesting to readers & buyers. In the past I've seen negative reviews of a pistol get turned around by the writer to try to make a bad pistol sound good, for sake of the article & to keep money rolling in from advertisers. I think the XDs would be worth reading about, especially sonsidering I'm in the market for a compact SD pistol. Even though I tend to lean more toward full size, a lot of guys would like to see some more compact defense pistols out there...plus not all of us like Glocks. :puke:

I can get better real world reviews on guns from people such as here and other gun forums than I can from any magazine. It amazes me that half of them are still being published. I admit I have hundreds of old copies of Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement. Used to love to read them. Now I rarely read even them.

The last gun magazine I picked up was about $10. All that I could tell was in it was advertisements. I just laid it back down and kept moving.

Plus here on TGO some of us will let ya try em out if you bring the ammo! :)