Fort Henry Mall/ JC Penny

Since neither the Mall or Pennys has had the nads to respond to my E-mails I will out them here.

About 2 weeks ago my wife and I went to the Fort Henry Mall and parked outside of JC Pennys. Upon entering we noticed the sign on the door said they were open until 10pm. So we shopped and had a nice dinner at Garfields and proceeded to leave. When we arrived at the entrance to Pennys at 9:50 the doors were closed and locked. I tapped on the door and said "it's not 10 yet we are parked outside the Memorial Blvd side of the store." The teen looking cashier pointed to a door to the right, just outside the door to Pennys. Well this door was a crappy looking Maintaince hall that led to an exit door that put us in a dark truck dock area on the totally wrong side of the building. We walked around the corner and went inside an unlocked entrance instead of going all the way around the building as they were still open. As we were walking through the manager was making the announcements that the store was closing. I asked her why the mall door was locked if they were still open. She responded "because the mall is closed" to which I replied but there are people that are still in the mall that need to get back through to get to their cars." She just shrugged her shoulders and walked away from me.

The next day I wrote Pennys corporate customer service and explained what happened and asked if it was common practice to potentially endanger their customers lives. I also wrote the Mall customer service and security asking since they were the property owners/landlords if they could make Pennys leave the mall entrance at least partially open to allow exit out of the mall.

2 weeks now no response. I'm just thankful I was carrying and more thankful that were no meth heads hanging around the truck docks as mall security is usually all at the movie theater controlling the teenie boppers on Friday nights.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh,:D

So we shopped and had a nice dinner at Garfields
I'm just thankful I was carrying

The last time I noticed, Garfields serves alcohol. If that's stilll the case I hope you didn't mention that you were carrying while in there.