Lost a good friend

daddyo

Yesterday I attended the funeral of one of my very best friends. It's because of him that I have the interest in firearms and Second Amendment issues that I do, and saying goodbye to him has been more difficult than I imagined. He was like a brother to me, and he had a positive impact on many, many people. He was the embodiment of a servant leader, and would do anything for anyone if they had the need. We went to many gun shows together, went shooting together, and he and his wife were in our home many times and we were in theirs. We ate together, traveled together, we even ran into each other at Sam's Club many times and would go get something to eat together on the spur of the moment.

I have a couple of knives that I bought from him and was considering selling; now I wouldn't take anything for them.

In addition to being a good friend, he was a father, husband, and grandfather. He loved guns and shooting, cooking, and remodeling homes. He was a Christian, so my faith gives me comfort in that his leaving us is not the end and that I will see him again one day. But until that time, I grieve for his family, and I feel an overwhelming loss at his passing. Yesterday was extremely difficult and emotional.

Rest in peace, John. You will be missed.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

I'm sorry to hear this. I've walked through the valley of the shadow of death so many times in the past 40 years that I can say with certainty that the one common thread among all of those things for Christians is the assurance that death is not a period, but merely a comma. I hope that you find peace and dare I say even happiness thinking about all of the things John is writing about life on the other side of that comma, right now.

• Like 4

A loss indeed.....The world is just producing this type of man any more! I still remember an uncle I lost.....The thing I remember him the most for can be summed up in one simple word.....Solid and he would have been satisfied if the world remembered him as just that...Solid