Prepping Items Not To Forget

Guest brentt

Everyone knows the basics but there are a few things that I dont see on the "usual" lists that I wanted to share. 1.Some sort of book or symbols to communicate. Just in case you try to barter with someone outside your language boundries, and my boundries are limited. 2.Tampons, for the ladies. 3. Condoms, for, well you know. It doesnt matter what situation your in, men are gonna be men.

Let me know what else you guys are stocking that are outside the basic supply list. Food, barter items, medical, building material, protection, or entertainment. Whatever you think is important. Just to clarify I havent even started prepping much, mainly a lil food, so dont just think I have a house full of condoms. LOL

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Now that's funny :)

Toothpaste is something that popped into my head the other day that I don't recall ever seeing on a prepping "suggestion list". Got me to thinking about certain things and what is a luxury and what is needed for good hygiene. Gonna stock up on these as well...no point in stinking up the joint :)

Now that's funny :)

Toothpaste is something that popped into my head the other day that I don't recall ever seeing on a prepping "suggestion list". Got me to thinking about certain things and what is a luxury and what is needed for good hygiene. Gonna stock up on these as well...no point in stinking up the joint :)

I was giving that a thought too. I didnt know if toothpaste would last longer or maybe some baking soda? what do you think. havnt realy researched it. It wouldnt be a bad idea to get a amiture dental kit together. If SHTF sceneria lasts for years people in your group may be loosing teeth or need a good cleaning.

Benadryl! Possibly one of the most important things in my bag. If I have a allergy attack I am worthless unless I get some allergy medicine in me. I wouldn't be able to do a single thing if my eyes were watering like I was crying and I was sneezing every other breath.

I was giving that a thought too. I didnt know if toothpaste would last longer or maybe some baking soda? what do you think. havnt realy researched it. It wouldnt be a bad idea to get a amiture dental kit together. If SHTF sceneria lasts for years people in your group may be loosing teeth or need a good cleaning.

As Il Duce mentioned there are natural options, just not up to speed on them. I vaguely remember that Amer. Indians used a type of twig and that early toothbrushes were made with pig hair.

A dental kit is a great idea. Even if it's just a dedicated pair of pliers ;)

**edit**

Wonder if there's a natural remedy that would take the place of Benadryl etc? Same with asthma medication.

Edited by Makiaveli

I would *strongly* advise pads for the ladies. Sorry but no one ever died from TSS from a pad to my knowledge. Also tampons are (or were, they still do this?) designed to irritate and increase bleeding, bad in a survial situation. Lot of women dislike pads, so ask your women maybe....

TP is a great idea.

Clean, washable rags can get you a long way in place of either one and can also serve a bajillion other purposes. I would go this route + laundry soap.

Clean hands and eating stuff is a must, and being somewhat clean all over as well. Most of the reasons people die young in 3rd world come down to unclean habits or lack of safe/clean food/water.

Wonder if there's a natural remedy that would take the place of Benadryl etc? Same with asthma medication.

Yes there is, Stinging Nettles Tea works great. Benadryl is jusy faster and easier to prepare (open bottle, swallow pill).

As far as asthema, Mullien is supposed to work well. However I don't have severe asthema and cannot say if it would be as good as an inhaler or similar med.

Yes there is, Stinging Nettles Tea works great. Benadryl is jusy faster and easier to prepare (open bottle, swallow pill).

As far as asthema, Mullien is supposed to work well. However I don't have severe asthema and cannot say if it would be as good as an inhaler or similar med.

I think mild steroids can help both these and other ailments if you learn to use them. I do not recall exactly how to produce them but they exist in nature so it would be a matter of research.

I think mild steroids can help both these and other ailments if you learn to use them. I do not recall exactly how to produce them but they exist in nature so it would be a matter of research.

Bee pollen taken orally is supposed to be good for sinus problems.

JTM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A bar laundry soap, hard to find these days but usually can be found either online or for some-odd reason at Mexican grocery stores, some clothes pins and clothes line.

I've seen Fels-Naptha bar soap at several Krogers around here. Maybe even at Walmart, but I'm not sure about that.

I've used tube toothpaste that was at least 15 years old. It gets harder to squeeze out of the tube, but still works fine.

Will

Edited by Clod Stomper

Given those things live up to their name if I get near them, I will take your word for it. Seriously though, there is no reaction from the tea? My brother is immune to them BTW. Gotta love genetics!

a case of Duck tape is a must have

There. Fixed it for ya! :)

Edited by Makiaveli
I am big on a keeping a tube of prescription grade antibiotic ointment in the bag. One cut/scratch could be really bad news without it.

You can also order fish antibiotics online, Thomas laboratories brand is supposed to be pharmacy grade. I've actually used them before so they work for hoomans and even pets.

Take the cardboard out of the tp rolls you can store a lot more that way.

The condoms have other good uses too I've actually used them hunting while its raining to keep moisture out of the barrel and just like its other role you can shoot with them on lol. Another use is a fishing float.

Guest USMC 2013

All of the medicine needs can be met indefinetly with a good seed bank of herbs. Have at least 10 medicinal herbs in your seed bank and a book on how to use them. Most herbs are not as good as modern medicine, but when you know how to use them in combination and the best way to administer them they work miracles.

Excepting the last 100-150 years, medicinal herbs was the way mankind stayed healthy. The other way people used them was to cook with and eat herbs in their every day diet. Something most of us do not do now, or at least enough of to help.

Joe