ArmyVeteran's World Famous Video Thread

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

• Administrator

I don't think Armyvet is crazy. I do think he is passionate. The problem with passion is that from the outside it looks a lot like "crazy" when the passionate person doesn't articulate their perspective very well or at all. In this case in order for the thread to have any value, Armyvet needs to spend some time composing his thoughts and offering some thought-provoking material of his own rather than simply pasting a bunch of propaganda videos.

I would hope that he has some opinions of his own with which these videos and the Johnson campaign platform resonate, otherwise it's no different than the same quasi-religious fervor that causes the Obamazombies to mindlessly regurgitate what they hear or read.

His posting suspension should be up soon. Hopefully he'll come back and offer something with meat to it.

I really don't get why ArmyVet's videos bother anyone from a political standpoint. If I don't want to read someone's posts or enter a thread started by someone I know I'm going to strongly disagree with, I just don't click on the link. It's that simple.

Seems like too many people get their jollies taking pot shots at others, not unlike a mob mentality.

This isn't a mob decision nor is TGO governed by mob rule. If you want to set up a blog where ArmyVet can post all of the videos he thinks are awesome, feel free.

I understand your viewpoint as a forum administrator. I was referring to the ones who like to pile on and take their shot at him.

I understand your viewpoint as a forum administrator. I was referring to the ones who like to pile on and take their shot at him.

I took a couple of shots. My frustration was the same as David's. Stop preaching and start discussing. Think maybe some of us were trying to get him to say something?

+1 on Mike's post, I tried a few times to post a reasonable response, but it was answered with skewed information and calculated while wearing horse blinders. At that point, it was clear that a legit discussion was not the purpose of the initial postings. They seemed to be more for seeking turbulence than addressing an issue, so I just returned the favor.

This thread in itself shows he was just looking for a reaction from people and not to spark a debate because in the first post it says:

Although I am not entirely thrilled that all my video postings must reside here, here we go! This is gonna be one hell of a ride. Mass Riots in the streets, political and non-political videos living together, mass hysteria!

Please quote video that you are replying to, cause its gonna get messy and ugly real quick!

My straw, so to speak, was one morning when I opened TGO and hit the "new content" button. A significant portion of what I was looking at was his posts of copy and pasted videos.

It isn't just his posts that are the problem. It is the fact that his posts were pushing people's for sale ads off the first page and when that happens the item is less likely to sell or at least as quickly.

Dolomite

Dolomite -

I remember the exact day you are referring too.

It was that day I thought we had a format change from tngunowners to Friends of Ron Paul/Gary Johnson.

It didn’t just push classifieds down. I pushed all the reasons I frequent this site. I think this consolidated thread is a good thing and dialog instead of a drive-by is a great thing.

Edited by D3vo

My straw, so to speak, was one morning when I opened TGO and hit the "new content" button. A significant portion of what I was looking at was his posts of copy and pasted videos.

It isn't just his posts that are the problem. It is the fact that his posts were pushing people's for sale ads off the first page and when that happens the item is less likely to sell or at least as quickly.

Dolomite

Unless you can prove that was his intent, how is that different from any other non-classifieds post?

Besides, if I want to see what's for sale, I can go directly to the classifieds.

Edited by DaddyO

I think the point is, he isn't contributing with his own thoughts. Just posting ridiculous volume of cut and paste. I actually have only seen one thread where he typed more than one sentence.

I've gleaned a lot of traits from posters over time. But all I know of him is he likes Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, and Alex Jones

• Like 1
I think the point is, he isn't contributing with his own thoughts. Just posting ridiculous volume of cut and paste. I actually have only seen one thread where he typed more than one sentence.

I've gleaned a lot of traits from posters over time. But all I know of him is he likes Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, and Alex Jones

Amen and amen.

As if someone else's, say something like when I get through reading several articles at American Thinker

and starting threads with that, don't do the same thing? My point is, anything can cause what you said,

Gordon. I get frustrated when I see a bunch of stuff stay at the top of a page, but I get over it.

I'm not part or party to whatever happened concerning this member's posts, but, I guess my age tells it.

I was raised to be polite to others. If I'm not interested in some thread, I get off the thread, instead of

posting some trash or criticism of it. Kinda like if you don't like what's on TV, change the channel. In other

words, go find your pacifier.

There has been so much romper room like behavior about this and, ah, the topics which end up with

religion that just plainly attract the atheists(so-called) when they could have just walked away, they

want to stir up something when nothing is necessary.

As if anyone valued my opinion, which I seriously doubt, I would gladly recommend throwing out anything

containing religion and politics because there are so many loud mouth children who are just too immature

to have a discussion without someone's wittle feelings getting hurt, knowing the entire time they could

have just changed the channel.

I come to this site frequently and enjoy about 10-15% of what's on it, the rest, I don't care. So I usually don't

bother with it and move on to new ground.

I don't care what his intent was it was the fact it happened. Same as a car wreck, it didn't intend to happen but there are consequences to it.

I don't have to prove his intent to try to prevent it from happening again.

And it is different because it would take a bunch of posts by different members to accomplish what he did by himself. And I don't care if it is videos or not.

Dolomite

As if anyone valued my opinion, which I seriously doubt, I would gladly recommend throwing out anything

containing religion and politics because there are so many loud mouth children who are just too immature

to have a discussion without someone's wittle feelings getting hurt, knowing the entire time they could

have just changed the channel.

I agree.

People are passionate about what they believe and I applaud anyone who is. Problem is when it is not welcome by someone else they get hurt that someone else doesn't feel as passionately about it.

Among friends and family we do not discuss religion and politics. The reason is everyone has different opinions even when standing on the same side of the fence.

Dolomite

That's where we're different, Gordon. Religion and politics are topics that should be discussed with people not to

enflame, but to enlighten. You are agreeing with Political Correctness by allowing someone else to control your

speech like that. I don't know your family, so it would be a waste of time for me to go there, but polite discussion

of almost any topic is healthy. I won't force something on anyone else, though.

What I was getting at, above, was that if someone doesn't like the thread, get the heck out of the thread and go find

something you like. Don't go blaming a bunch of videos, or use it as excuse for your vanity. That's how he makes

his case about something. So what!

• Admin Team

I enjoy a good discussion on religon or politics. Sometimes both at the same time...

I've found that we generally run into problems when we encounter one of two types of people:

1. People who aren't interested in facts, opinions or anything other than their own position. They can't offer anything other than a party line, whatever thatline may be. I generally don't engage these type people as I really don't find that they have anything to add to the discussion. It's unfortunate, because they've clearly got a passion for the subject.

2. People who get so wrapped around the axle when confronted with something that they don't agree with that they instantly resort to name calling and personal attacks. We've had a lot of this around here lately, and it's frustrating.

My admonition to both of these types of people in PMs before taking an administrative action is usually to either get a better position or better rhetoric. We welcome healthy debate. I just want to see people add to the overall conversation.

I am not being politically correct by not engaging in a conversation, I am avoiding conflict that may not end well. I have zero problems discussing anything with anyone. With that being said if I already know the outcome, because I have tried before, there is no sense in even starting that conversation. I value my friendships enough to not engage in a conversation that might end it, be it political, religious or about how blue the sky is. I have family members who will not talk to me because I don't share their beliefs.

When people are passionate about thier beliefs feelings do get hurt and that is not something I enjoy. Everyone has their own individual beliefs and it has taken a lifetime to formulate those beliefs. Early on most of us had our beliefs taught to us by our parents or those close to us but as we grew we modified and changed those beliefs because of our life experiences. And each of us has a belief system that is as unique as our DNA and for most of us it is about as easy to change someone else's DNA as it is to change their beliefs. It is our beliefs that makes us unique as individuals.

I have very religious friends and we respect our own views on life and how we live. We know where each of us stands and there is no need for each of us to try to convert the other which is what most often happens when a religious or political conversation happens between opposing beliefs, even seemingly identical beliefs. And what starts out as a normal conversation quickly turns into an argument over who is right when in reality we both are because our beliefs belong and make us who we are as individuals. It is when neither is willing to respect the other's beliefs that feelings get hurt and friendships end and no one is better for it.

My choice not to bring up religion and politics isn't just because of a whim. It is because I have seen, first hand, that 9 out of 10 times it never ends well. I would prefer to loose a friend 0 out of 10 times by not having the conversation than 9 out of 10 times if I do.

Dolomite

Since I don't know what it was that happened, I'll bow out.

But if you already know the outcome, it is a poor discussion, or one that I wouldn't take. I guess I don't take

everything for granted. I give people the benefit of the doubt. You might as well have judged me, Gordon.

I'm honored knowing that.

Edited by 6.8 AR