carry ing a gun and asked to leave hypothetical

Guest kwikrnu

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to get a meeting, but Mall assistant director, Christopher Beard, did tell me this morning that all weapons are prohibited. Their code of conduct # 6 prohibits weapons. He also told me that the security director Tom has looked up Tennessee code and they know signs should conform to the law if they want to effectively restrict the carrying of handguns. He also told me that funding has been approved and released to purchase signs for all exterior entrances to the common areas. I mentioned they should also have signs for the entrances to the common areas from Stores which have private entrances such as Dave and Busters, or Bass Pro, or others. He said they are trying to see how to go about doing that. I asked about the time frame for posting the signs and they said "soon."

The telephone number for the mall is 615-514-1100.

Thank you!

Really making friends and influencing people here I see.

Guest kwikrnu

If a business wants to prohibit weapons I don't see anything wrong with that. They need to be aware that the signs should conform to law. I'd rather a business post their policy in writing than have a wishy washy verbal policy. Make a choice, pro legal carry or against legal carry.

Guest bluecanary25

I have read this hypothetical thread with interest. :eek:

Don't understand why Kwik is interested in forcing the sign compliance.

But it is his "right". My understanding is "rights" have greater weight than "privileges".

A HCP is a priviledge in Tn. :)

Does Voldemort have a permit? Sounds to me like he failed to get his permit. :)

If a store owner properly posts a no guns sign, I will not carry there.

Probably will not shop there as well.

If I gotta go back to my car to disarm, I might as well go to another store. :D

This is America and I have the RIGHT to choose.

Gun Free Zones limit my right to choose!!!

my 2 ¥

Guest betobeto

WOW What a Dip Stick. "Let me help you, make sure I can't carry here" IDIOT:death: Its almost as bad as when the news anounces some new way the terrorists could hit us next and how....... Real smart:screwy:

Guest kwikrnu
WOW What a Dip Stick. "Let me help you, make sure I can't carry here" IDIOT:death: Its almost as bad as when the news anounces some new way the terrorists could hit us next and how....... Real smart:screwy:

The Mall at Opry Mills will soon be safe from people who legally carry handguns.

You're probably one of those who thinks the Government can do no wrong? Those news stories keep them on the right track. News channel 5 does a good job locally of keeping politicians and government honest.

Guest betobeto

"You're probably one of those who thinks the Government can do no wrong? Those news stories keep them on the right track. News channel 5 does a good job locally of keeping politicians and government honest"

I never stated my opinion on the Government but we probably have similar views. All I was talking about it thats its nuts to actually try and get a business to put up signs to keep us from CC. And its just like the News to say things that sometimes need to be kept quiet.

LOL I just now realized you must believe what you see on CNN LOL. Are you a Democrat?

Edited by betobeto
Guest tcampbell
The Mall at Opry Mills will soon be safe from people who legally carry handguns.

So are they gonna post that the BG's can't carry there either, like they will care? Did you explain to them the liability issues ? If someone gets shot in there, which has happened, the mall is responsible and they have to provide proper security. Happened with Walmart, that's why we are allowed to carry there. Someone got hurt and sued.....oh wait...I get it...you are setting them up so you can sue them ?

You should move to Ohio...you aren't allowed to carry in malls there.

Guest kwikrnu

They already had a policy of no guns in the mall. They have some small signs stating the policy. They have asked people to leave the mall in the past because they violated the policy. What is wrong with requesting they make the policy more visible?

I wonder if I should contact other area malls?

You know I've looked you up on a number of forums and I think your are an absolute idiot. You sue for everything, you make people mad then and the wonder why no one likes you, and then act like a "victim" of some sort of discrimination or bias. I've known people like you and they always want to be the "victim".

Good luck to you as i see a short miserable life in you're future when you cross people who care less. Maybe that's why you married someone who doesn't speak English. That way she doesn't here the absolute ignorance spewing out of your mouth. Of course you'll probably have a warrant out for threats shortly and then sue for pain and agony!

Edited by Smith
Guest kwikrnu

So are they gonna post that the BG's can't carry there either, like they will care? Did you explain to them the liability issues ? If someone gets shot in there, which has happened, the mall is responsible and they have to provide proper security. Happened with Walmart, that's why we are allowed to carry there. Someone got hurt and sued.....oh wait...I get it...you are setting them up so you can sue them ?

You should move to Ohio...you aren't allowed to carry in malls there.

I have called Walmart corporate. Their policy is that managers dictate the policy. I called every Walmart in Clarksville years ago and each stated they do not allow a permit holder to carry a handgun at their stores.

I don't need to move to Ohio. Pretty soon all the malls here will be posted as well...

Guest bulletproof
Has anyone met this joker? For some strange reason, the sick side of me wants some insight.

Sadly, as I said in another Voldemort troll thread, I think I have seen this guy many times. Our paths used to cross in the mornings a lot. The

information he has given pretty much matches. If it is who I think it is, and it may not be, he likes to dress a little wannabe or look a little

swatish. Seemed to have a lot of self importance and "I'm on a mission"

kinda thing going on. Other than any of that, not impressive at all. :rolleyes:

Guest kwikrnu
You know I've looked you up on a number of forums and I think your are an absolute idiot. You sue for everything, you make people made and the wonder why no one likes you, and then act like a "victim" of some sort of discrimination or bias. I've known people like you and they always want to be the "victim".

Good luck to you as i see a short miserable life in you're future when you cross people who care less. Maybe that's why you married someone who doesn't speak English. That way she doesn't here the absolute ignorance spewing out of your mouth. Of course you'll probably have a warrant out for threats shortly and then sue for pain and agony!

I don't wonder or care if you like me. Judges agree with me 6/7 times. What threats? :rolleyes:

Guest betobeto
You know I've looked you up on a number of forums and I think your are an absolute idiot. You sue for everything, you make people made and the wonder why no one likes you, and then act like a "victim" of some sort of discrimination or bias. I've known people like you and they always want to be the "victim".

Exactly what he said.....

Guest kwikrnu
Sadly, as I said in another Voldemort troll thread, I think I have seen this guy many times. Our paths used to cross in the mornings a lot. The

information he has given pretty much matches. If it is who I think it is, and it may not be, he likes to dress a little wannabe or look a little

swatish. Seemed to have a lot of self importance and "I'm on a mission"

kinda thing going on. Other than any of that, not impressive at all. :)

If you think I dress "swatish" then I am not who you think.:rolleyes:

Guest tcampbell

thanks a lot there Voldemort...you still haven't answered my question...did you explain the liability issues to them ?

why are you doing this to us ?

The law is clear and simple. If the place is not properly posted, all they can do is ask you to leave. I know quite a few peple that carry in opry mills, myself for one. Thanks to you I cannot shop there anymore, nor can others.

Edited by tcampbell
Guest EasilyObsessed

I have called Walmart corporate. Their policy is that managers dictate the policy. I called every Walmart in Clarksville years ago and each stated they do not allow a permit holder to carry a handgun at their stores.

I don't need to move to Ohio. Pretty soon all the malls here will be posted as well...

Im not sure what has happened to you in the past that caused you so much pain, but for what its worth, I hope you find a way to heal whatever hole in your heart that causes you to act like you do.

Guest kwikrnu
thanks a lot there Voldemort...you still haven't answered my question...did you explain the liability issues to them ?

why are you doing this to us ?

The law is clear and simple. If the place is not properly posted, all they can do is ask you to leave. I know quite a few peple that carry in opry mills, myself for one. Thanks to you I cannot shop there anymore, nor can others.

There is no liability issue. If the store has a policy of no guns or a policy of gun carry they may be liable for whatever happens on their property.

Thanks to the law as soon as they put the signs up everyone will be safe.

Guest tcampbell

Then explain to me why walmart was sued for not providing proper security for someone that was robbed in their parking lot. They were told by the court that they have to allow people to protect themselves OR they have to provide security to protect the people. And a friend of mine did call corporate and it is not up to the manager. My friend got an apology from corporate and the manager was told to back off. It is a corporate policy, not a store by store policy...last post to you...I'm done.

As far as Wal-Marts go....I have never been able to get a 100% clear answer about whether there is a corprate policy or not...the times I've been told there is a corprate policy I have seen that they go by state law on OC or CC also have seen that they will allow CC (where legal) but reserve the right to restrict OC. So who knows for sure.

I am a little bit familar with the case tcampbell is speaking of. In fact the TFA uses in a letter generator it has to give to business that prohibit carry. But if I remember the case right the one thing that sticks out is the Management of that store was faimilar with a dangereous situation (previous robberies) and did nothing to correct it. So not sure if a property owner would have liabilty if there wasn't a known of pre-exsisting danger that they failed to address. I'm not sure a court would see simply prohibiting carry as creating a dangerous situation...although IMO it does.

Now...I admit I'm not going out and trying to get places with anti-carry policies to post proper signs, but I have to say, to some degree if a place is anti-carry then I do think they should have it out there for all to see (just another reason I want a state required sign that is large and obnoxious:D). I guess it's because I hope that even those that don't carry, but are pro-gun, pro-2A, or just pro-self-defense would lobby the manager to take down the signs... but I admit that is not likely to happen. :rolleyes:

Guest bluecanary25

A thought...... and it hurts my head to have one.....

Why get upset, now?

IF Kwik did call the management of Opry Mills/Walmart/<name here> Mall,

it will take a short period of time before signs get posted.

As he has persisted in being a troll, can we not simply ignore his posts?

Are his posts always true? This is a public forum and anything can be claimed on here.

nite!

I thought people on this site were in favor of liberalizing legal carry. Voldemort seems intent on restricting it. I don't understand the purpose of that. Legal permit holders are the safest people in the state. Restricting them will not make areas safer--the very opposite.

So it comes down to one of two things:

Either he is pulling our legs and trying to get us riled up (and doing a fine job of it);

Or he really is the scum-sucking second cousin to Jimmy Naifeh and needs to be banned post hast.

I hope it's the first.

Guest db99wj
This dude is not for real. He is not going to any mall management, there are no meetings, no anything.

I think he longs for being the center of attention.

The guy is some mall ninja, and I do not believe one word that comes out of his fingers

I thought people on this site were in favor of liberalizing legal carry. Voldemort seems intent on restricting it. I don't understand the purpose of that. Legal permit holders are the safest people in the state. Restricting them will not make areas safer--the very opposite.

So it comes down to one of two things:

Either he is pulling our legs and trying to get us riled up (and doing a fine job of it);

Or he really is the scum-sucking second cousin to Jimmy Naifeh and needs to be banned post hast.

I hope it's the first.

:D

Not sure of his motivations, not sure of his affiliations, not sure where his support lies, but we really need to stop feeding the trolls.

troll-web.jpg