carry ing a gun and asked to leave hypothetical

Guest kwikrnu

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nraforlife
OC might get a soccer mom to call someone and complain...but IMO OC even mass amounts of OC is not really a threat to getting the law changed.

I don't know about that. Get the right zealot started and 'Katie bar the door'. They somehow or another always are, or soon will be, politically connected. I prefer the 'only God and I know carry method' but to each their own. JUST being responsible and not a jerk, either CC of OC goes a long way.

Guest kwikrnu

From a discussion earlier in the thread. The general manager from the Franklin Walmart called me this evening. This is subsequent to call I placed to the Walmart corp call center. He said that the stores follow State law and carrying in the store was illegal because they sell alcohol. I told him carrying where alcohol sold for consumption on the premisis was illegal. He said he would check with the legal department. I asked them to send me a letter clarifying their position.

Guest tcampbell

I know the general manager at the Franklin Walmart...he was off today...we did a round of golf...so whoever thought they spoke to him didn't...

Guest tcampbell
It was me drinking in the beer aisle at the Franklin Walmart. I thought free samples were ok there, just like in the front of the store. Sorry to screw it up for everybody.

free samples aren't ok there ?

Guest kwikrnu
I know the general manager at the Franklin Walmart...he was off today...we did a round of golf...so whoever thought they spoke to him didn't...

615-771-2485 was his # and he called me at 8:00 pm this evening. He told me his name, but I do not recall it.

First of all - don't feed the trolls.

trolls.gif

Back to the matter of OC and CC, I suspect the legislature would have already banned OC if they could figure out a wording that would allow an inadvertent exposure of a CC weapon without giving anti-carry LEOs an opening to harass lawful packers. Remember, that was the reason OC was added to the allowable means of handgun carry.

Guest eyebedam

I will open carry only when light sabers are available as a weapon of choice. Its the true weapon of a Jedi. Joe if these are ever available I'm sure you will sell them so let me put my name on the list first. Untill then out of sight out of mind is how I roll.

Guest db99wj

Re: Soccer Moms.

My wife is one! Anyway, we were at a dinner for our school and church and we were at a table with several other couples. One couple we were talking to, he is an accountant/financial services guy and she is a stay at home. They make good money and live in a nice n'hood. Somehow, the subject came up about the shooting range that I go to and firearms, protection and crime. Well, she pulled her chair up to me and started drilling me about guns, permits, classess, etc. Come to find out, she was at home during the day, either she was there already, or they had just walked in and someone kicked or had kicked in the door, whatever the case, they heard the noises the guy made. It scared her and has made her think about getting protection. I told her about the range, about classes, different handguns and whatnot and advised her to go to the range, and take a class. If not a permit class, at least a intro class so that she can learn more about how to protect herself and her family. I was shocked to here this woman, I would have never, never, guessed that she would have been interested in firearms. She asked me, if someone were to break in to our house, would I be able to pull the trigger. My wife piped in and said, "yes, he would to protect our family". With that she said that is amazing. I would have never thought about this until I was broken in on and my home violated.

We say, "we got to watch the soccer moms and not freak them out", but I think we would be surprised that many of those soccer moms have a little Model 642 stuck in their purse!

Here are some other thougths, in today's world, we are seeing some unemployment, but even with that not being bad, we are seeing prices going up, gas of course, milk, food, clothes etc, everything is going up due to many factors. When times are like this, crime goes up, people are more desperate and they do desperate things. Unfortunately for some, they will meet people like us that have made that decision to not be a victim and if you try to make us a victim, you will pay for it, with your life.

Sorry for the rant, I'm in a mood today.

Guest canynracer
Re: Soccer Moms.

My wife is one! Anyway, we were at a dinner for our school and church and we were at a table with several other couples. One couple we were talking to, he is an accountant/financial services guy and she is a stay at home. They make good money and live in a nice n'hood. Somehow, the subject came up about the shooting range that I go to and firearms, protection and crime. Well, she pulled her chair up to me and started drilling me about guns, permits, classess, etc. Come to find out, she was at home during the day, either she was there already, or they had just walked in and someone kicked or had kicked in the door, whatever the case, they heard the noises the guy made. It scared her and has made her think about getting protection. I told her about the range, about classes, different handguns and whatnot and advised her to go to the range, and take a class. If not a permit class, at least a intro class so that she can learn more about how to protect herself and her family. I was shocked to here this woman, I would have never, never, guessed that she would have been interested in firearms. She asked me, if someone were to break in to our house, would I be able to pull the trigger. My wife piped in and said, "yes, he would to protect our family". With that she said that is amazing. I would have never thought about this until I was broken in on and my home violated.

We say, "we got to watch the soccer moms and not freak them out", but I think we would be surprised that many of those soccer moms have a little Model 642 stuck in their purse!

Here are some other thougths, in today's world, we are seeing some unemployment, but even with that not being bad, we are seeing prices going up, gas of course, milk, food, clothes etc, everything is going up due to many factors. When times are like this, crime goes up, people are more desperate and they do desperate things. Unfortunately for some, they will meet people like us that have made that decision to not be a victim and if you try to make us a victim, you will pay for it, with your life.

Sorry for the rant, I'm in a mood today.

WOW!!! way to go on the teachings....and you are right, in all counts...

now take a :rolleyes: pill thunderkitty:p

Guest db99wj
WOW!!! way to go on the teachings....and you are right, in all counts...

now take a :rolleyes: pill thunderkitty:p

No :clap: pills for me, but I am better, I got that 2nd cup of coffee down, thinking about a third....:shhh:

hooch, LMAO, no one says hooch anymore.

Actually that reminds me of a good parallel to this thread.

Say back in the day when you were under age. Everyone had a way of getting beer. So you can go buy beer somewhere and you get to do it all the time. You are not sure why but it is working for you. Then the kid across the street tries that same store to buy beer for himself. He gets carded and denied. So instead of taking his lumps he points out that the store sells to you. Now you can't buy any either.

Thats exactly what this is like.

I tell you I would have busted the kid across the street in the mouth.

Guest canynracer

Say back in the day when you were under age. Everyone had a way of getting beer. So you can go buy beer somewhere and you get to do it all the time. You are not sure why but it is working for you. Then the kid across the street tries that same store to buy beer for himself. He gets carded and denied. So instead of taking his lumps he points out that the store sells to you. Now you can't buy any either.

Yep!!!!

That's why McLemore's is out of business now. They stopped selling cigarettes and beer to the kids.

A friend of mine from high school that I new was conservative but wasn't in to guns now has her permit and has a couple and is trying to find the perfect carry gun for a mom.

Yeah, you know how we handled those panzies "back in the day"? The good ole fashioned way............