thigh holster, anyone use one?

In a recent NRA catalog, they showed a thigh holster that goes inside your shorts or if you are a female, a dress. As a waist pack carrier in the summer, i was thinking this might work with more baggy shorts.

Anyone wear one yet? What did you think?

Bill

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion? Looks awkward to draw from, difficult to access from a lot of positions and only useful if there is absolutely no better option (and it is hard for me to believe that there wouldn't usually be a better option.) Plus I'd bet it chafes like a mutha'.

Edited by JAB

Galco makes one that's less bulky. It also has retention straps that go up the leg to the belt, you just can't see them in this pic. I wouldn't use one. I thought about getting one for my wife for summer time with skirts/dresses, but she's not real crazy about the idea. Besides that, most reviews I've read basically say that thigh holsters in general suck and are used only for deep concealment when necessary. Still....it would be sexy...just not in this stock Galco photo. :)

TBH.jpg

Edited by monkeylizard

Man that would work really well with this. A tactical Kilt!

KiltTactical1_zps9d0b6fc8.jpg

I was going to say that someone on another gun forum to which I belong is a fan of kilts. He posted pics the other day of how he carries in his 'utility kilt'. Utility kilts apparently have large, deep pockets so he is able to pocket carry but if one were wearing a traditional 'kilt' such a inner thigh rig might be just the thing. In fact, a couple of other guys on that forum responded that they also like wearing kilts and one of them is apparently a LEO (I'm guessing he wears kilts off duty) so maybe I'll point them to this holster. I generally don't like the kind of 'all eyes on me' attention that wearing a kilt in public, though (although I see nothing wrong with others doing so) so it still probably wouldn't be a good carry option, for me.

Edited by JAB

Just switch it to the other leg. The idea of "inside" carry is that it's more concealed. On the "outside" it could be printing. If "super secret spy" is your game, inside is the way to go. It's just harder to draw. you could just roll it around the left leg and have it on the outside, but the grip would be pointed forward instead of backwards. That would be awkward.

Guest twpayne75

I've watched this video three times now and I still don't get the point. Guess I need to go watch it again...

I watch her videos often...........you know..........from the educational standpoint. :)

The one where she is in a bikini carrying with a Remora is informative also.

Skip to about 15:00 minutes. The education is better there.