Wow! Isn't this totally cool? (creative edit. :p)

Steelharp

Wonder what would happen if someone "artistically interpreted" the American flag with an image or representation of Romney?

People will still get their panties in a wad over it...people dont get upset when there are shirts made with a wolf sitting inside the flag or a turkey..same thing ..isnt it?..maybe a bad analogy..but still..tjere are more variations of the US flag than any other image...

I would be more.upset that O has a lawsuit pending to deny military stationed overseas the right to vote in elections back home.....

I doubt I would be for Romney then. I also doubt Romney would allow that. Isn't this pretty close to where it started?

Pretty close, not exactly. There were abuses with the flag during the Vietnam era, also. Ayers was in that group.

Another graduate of that class of commies. Well, the pic wouldn't work, but it was his loving rendition of "crap on the flag. that made a cover or two.

Edited by 6.8 AR

People will still get their panties in a wad over it...people dont get upset when there are shirts made with a wolf sitting inside the flag or a turkey..same thing ..isnt it?..maybe a bad analogy..but still..tjere are more variations of the US flag than any other image...

I would be more.upset that O has a lawsuit pending to deny military stationed overseas the right to vote in elections back home.....

I am troubled by that. Anyone in the military should be upset. Fight for the country, but we don't want your vote.

The major difference there is that Washington and Reagan were patriots. Believers in the Constitution. Obama is anything but.

So it is ok to have Washington and Reagan, who were also presidents, but not Obama who is also a president. People on an Obama board they would disagree. How it is interpreted is up to those viewing it.

Eveyone is just getting upset because it is a symbol for Obama, not because it is a artistic expression of the flag.

Dolomite

• Like 1

Eveyone is just getting upset because it is a symbol for Obama, not because it is a artistic expression of the flag.

Dolomite

Negative. He and his supporters are just the type to manipulate the flag for their uses. The same guy that wouldn't wear an American flag lapel pin or hold his hand over his heart.....yet now he'll alter it to push his agenda.

If any other politician did it, I'd be just as angry.

They are slickly misrepresenting this country's flag. His "artistic" representation and the meaning behind it is clear.

####ing politics...........

Do you get pissed every time you see some Walmart redneck with "our flag" plastered all over a ratty shirt or jacket? How about all of the faded and worn flags I see hanging around Hendersonville?

Learn to separate your hate for the man and the use of patriotism in the people who support him. And don't forget that all of those tree-hugging hippy liberals are Americans, too.

Yeah I do.

I do because I respect our flag...I've served under our flag...I've had friend's coffins draped by our flag and I don't like it when ANYONE disrespects our flag. Most of the time, stupid people do it because they are stupid.

This egotistical, narcissistic, racist bastard is doing it to get re-elected which is far more disrespectful than someone doing it out of stupidity.

• Like 1
...Eveyone is just getting upset because it is a symbol for Obama, not because it is a artistic expression of the flag.

I think that's a pretty cynical and sweeping statement to make.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there is no way you can know my motivations or the motivations of others - while I'm sure you didn't intend to do so, it's a bit insulting to me to have my motivations marginalize by assuming it's only because it is a symbol for Obama.

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest MilitiaMan

I fought for my country and I couldn't care less. There are far more important things to be pissed off about. I pick and choose my battles and what I let anger me. Too many overly sensitive people these days.

I think he will get elected anyway. I hope I am wrong.

Disdain for the current situation is much worse than it was when Bush left. I think after the debates everyone will get with the program and see the need for them to vote.