Wow! Isn't this totally cool? (creative edit. :p)

Steelharp

No kidding. Apathetic attitudes in this country......that is the American flag they are subverting. That should make everyone angry.

eta: The intent is clear. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate, it's obvious what they're trying to invoke.

Edited by scoutfsu
  • Like 1

Do you get pissed every time you see some Walmart redneck with "our flag" plastered all over a ratty shirt or jacket? How about all of the faded and worn flags I see hanging around Hendersonville?

Learn to separate your hate for the man and the use of patriotism in the people who support him. And don't forget that all of those tree-hugging hippy liberals are Americans, too.

Why would you waste any energy letting this piss you off?

Well, this is symbolic of a whole lot of what is wrong with this country. We have lost focus on real results, and it is more about spin and marketing (sorry to any marketing professionals out there).

There shouldn't be a card-carrying democrat that would vote to re-elect this clown, but here we are.

Just look at the stock market, you can't invest in a well-managed, profitable company and make money. Now, it is more about buzz and fluff than real results.

Its artistic expression, it is not their to subvert the United States. It is not some major crime against humanity, it is a T Shirt. I don't have a problem with it in the same way I don't have a problem with all the satyrical shirts you see making fun of Obama who is the president of the United States.

Would you be just as pissed if it was George Washington's face on there, or Ronald Reagan's or is it just because it is the symbol of Obama?

Regardless as to whether you agree with it or not someone is supporting the economy by selling them. And those Americans who buy them are doing the same as everyone else, finding something to show their support for their chosen candidate. Love him or hate him he is still the president of the US.

I fought for the Flag of the United States and live with the injuries of that fight. If I am not pissed I fail to see how anyone else could be. I fought so someone that I do not know is able to make a statement without fear. And although I may not agree with it I would hate to think that what I go through on a daily basis was for nothing.

Dolomite

• Like 5

Its artistic expression, it is not their to subvert the United States. It is not some major crime against humanity, it is a T Shirt. I don't have a problem with it in the same way I don't have a problem with all the satyrical shirts you see making fun of Obama who is the president of the United States.

Would you be just as pissed if it was George Washington's face on there, or Ronald Reagan's or is it just because it is the symbol of Obama?

Regardless as to whether you agree with it or not someone is supporting the economy by selling them. And those Americans who buy them are doing the same as everyone else, finding something to show their support for their chosen candidate. Love him or hate him he is still the president of the US.

I fought for the Flag of the United States and live with the injuries of that fight. If I am not pissed I fail to see how anyone else could be. I fought so someone that I do not know is able to make a statement without fear. And although I may not agree with it I would hate to think that what I go through on a daily basis was for nothing.

Dolomite

I understand and appreciate your position, but I do feel like it is symbolic of a greater disrespect of the flag that you fought for, and is emblematic (pun intended) of the lack of respect that this man has for the office he holds. Were this just some third-party putting out a t-shirt or flag for sale, that would be one thing, but these are carefully chosen products on the candidate's official site.

It's disrespectful, but would we expect different? I get just as irritated when I see the same in reverse, as in someone plastering anti-Obama stuff all over an American Flag. Or when someone doesn't take their hat off when the National Anthem is playing, or they yap on their phones during it. Or how 'about the ones that talked a tough game on 9/11 but had no intentions of ever strapping on boots and taking the fight to the enemy? That was very irritating as well.

Yes, disrespectful and irritating. But they are Americans, even if they don't know how to be good at it.

• Like 4

Or how 'about the ones that talked a tough game on 9/11 but had no intentions of ever strapping on boots and taking the fight to the enemy? That was very irritating as well.

Of all the things that you mentioned, this one bothers me the most. I hate hearing others talk about what "WE" should do to our enemies if they have never or have no intention of putting some skin in the game.

I know that some of us veterans and our current warriors volunteered, but it seems that some people don't fully comprehend the sacrifices that are being made by individuals and families when they say things like "WE should JUST go over there and kick some butt".

Sorry if this rubs someone the wrong way. This is just my rant. For very personal reasons I hate war and I believe if everyone has skin in the game our leaders would utilize diplomacy to its limits before unleashing the best fighting forces in the history of the world on the poor fools who would threaten our freedoms.

As you were!

It's disrespectful for a lot of reasons. I don't blame you, Links and TMF, for having your attitude, either. That does cut both ways.

Too many folks just forgot what the flag stands for.

It's another sign of what's wrong with our country.

I don't look down upon those that did not serve. It is for some and not for others, I understand that. If we were all soldiers then who would be taking care of the country on the civillian side? I don't think people are any less patriotic for not joining. And those who didn't join had sacrifices as well. For every Marine, Soldier, Airmen and Sailor in the services there are quite a few more civillian family members and they are all making sacrifices.

The country would not be any better had this tshirt not been made but it being made is improving the economy is some small way. It is when we have all these small improvements that the country will start to improve as a whole.

In the end it is just a tshirt that is helping to support someone and the economy. I would rather have the maker of the shirt making a living rather than sitting around with their hand out waiting for that government check like so many other Americans.

Dolomite

Its not your flag..it looks just like flag with an O on it and 5 or 6 stripes on it..Looks.nothing like the US flag....

it might suppose to represent the US flag but they failed badly..

I dont like O either btw..but this is minor to the problems we have

When you reduce things to the ridiculous, that's when the tyranny gets a free ride. Let the little things go

and the big ones march on by, also.

It really has nothing to do with liking or disliking Obama. He is just the latest version.

I don't look down upon those that did not serve. It is for some and not for others, I understand that. If we were all soldiers then who would be taking care of the country on the civillian side? I don't think people are any less patriotic for not joining. And those who didn't join had sacrifices as well. For every Marine, Soldier, Airmen and Sailor in the services there are quite a few more civillian family members and they are all making sacrifices.

I feel the same. The military isn't for everyone, and there are other ways to serve and support your country in a time of war. What has always irritated me are the folks who speak with such conviction that have no intention of backing it up. Granted, amongst most of my associates we have done our part, so generally I'm not socializing with folks that haven't, but on those occasions when I'm around someone I've just been introduced and they want to bring up my service and talk about how we need to kill "all those people over there" I'm secretly bubbling under the surface wanting to ask them, "Well, you're young enough. If you feel so strongly about it why don't you put on some damn boots, grab a rifle and go join those that have a sack." Nothing against folks with opinions on foreign policy who have no desire to serve in the military, but I've just met too many chickenhawks that beat their chest about killing ragheads or whatever that received their education on war from their Xbox.

• Like 2

The major difference there is that Washington and Reagan were patriots. Believers in the Constitution. Obama is anything but.