Will I get used to the Gen 3 grip?

maroonandwhite

I just picked up a Glock 27 Gen 3 and love everything about it except for the grip texture. It just seems to be eating my hands alive after 100 or so rounds at the range. I realize that may just be the nature of the beast with a sub-compact .40 and coming from a Glock 19 is a good little jump in felt recoil.

My question is will I get used to this after a while?

I don't have baby hands but at the same time I don't have very rough hands and the gun fits my hand well.

I also don't really want to add any aftermarket grips to it since it fits so well now. I am also not big on modifying the grips.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you like them now? If you do, you will get used to them. If you didn't like them them when you picked it up, the first time,

you already made a mistake. Not trying to be a smartass, here. There are some things that may need a little help with,

but I know that kind of thing right away.

If it looks like a box, it probably is one. The one thing about Glocks is they all look alike, function alike and, if they had a brain,

would think alike. :D I have a bunch of Glocks.

You will get used to it by shooting it. Kind of like when you first pick up the guitar, your fingers will be on fire after your first heavy practice session. After a while, you become used to it and everything gets better. Also, I've got a G27 with a Pachmayr slip on grip that really softens it up.

You will get used to it by shooting it. Kind of like when you first pick up the guitar, your fingers will be on fire after your first heavy practice session. After a while, you become used to it and everything gets better. Also, I've got a G27 with a Pachmayr slip on grip that really softens it up.

Yeah I know all about "fret fingers"!! I also bought the pachmayr slip on but didn't really like it. It slows my draw down considerably because the gun sets so close to my side. I figured as much; I will just suck it up and shoot another couple hundred through it.

I have always just cut a small piece of bicycle innertube and used it on Glocks as a slip on grip, works great, very comfortable.

This is the most cost effective mod you can do to a Glock, very little added bulk too. I just shoot my striker fired pistol's as they are and learn to deal with any differences in the grip or its texture.

Guest twpayne75

As said you will get used to it. I think the gen 4 grip is about perfect as far as grip texture. The RTF above rocks as far as grip, but dang it's rough on shirts, seats, and anything else it comes in contact with.

Lane at ColdBore Customs is the best thing to ever happen to Gen 3 Glocks.