Is it safe to purchase the Gen4 Glock19

Links2k

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MidTNGlock

I'm well past 2,000 rounds and mine has been perfect. Bought late July, packet with the test fired brass is dated April 2012.

Most of what I shoot is the low powered 115gr stuff like Blazer or Federal Champion, even a few boxes of Monarch.

It will eject 2-3 pieces of brass on top of my head during a range session but I haven't had the BTF issue I've read so much about on Glock Talk.

It was always safe to buy them, and use them. :popcorn:

Glock made whole any "defects". I got a gen419 without problems about six months ago, but I have to

admit I favor gen 3's.

You're probably going to change out the guide rod and a couple other things, aren't you?

I wouldn't think twice about buying either a 4th Gen Glock 17 or 19 if I were in the market for one because they're very reliable. Any earlier problems were easily resolved in the field with simple parts swap outs but newer pistols have intergrated the upgraded parts that had been causing the difficulties/

I've owned 2 Gen 4 Glocks. I still have my Gen 4 23. I had some issues with it early on but I eventually narrowed it down to a bad magazine. I've not had any problems with it since then. I'd say go for it! My only complaint is that the new finish Glock is using on the slides SUCKS. It has been documented in length on Glock Talk and my finish has worn off after being holstered a handful of times.

As I understand it, the biggest problem in the early ones was the ejector (though some did blame the spring as well). The old part number I believe was 336, its stamped on the side of the ejector itself. The updated ejector number I believe is 30274. If that's been taken care of, you should have no worries.

Glock made whole any "defects". I got a gen419 without problems about six months ago, but I have to

admit I favor gen 3's.

You're probably going to change out the guide rod and a couple other things, aren't you?

I have put off trying the Gen4 because I find it hard to believe that they could be any better than the Gen3.

Yes, I always tweak my Glocks just a little. I know that they don't require the extras that I put on them, but those extras sure make them silky smooth.

Thanks for the input guys.

admit I favor gen 3's.

I have a DEAL for you.

My Gen 4 Glock 19 never failed with the old RSA (recoil spring) and it has never failed with the new RSA. It is everything you expect from a Glock. It's 100% reliabe. I wonder how much of the talk about the gen 4 was just hype.

This was my experience with my Gen 4 17. The original spring made creaking noises in mine but it never actually malfunctioned. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Gen 4.

Guest twpayne75

I bought one new about a year ago and never had a problem. I bought another new one yesterday because it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I don't know what I will do with it yet, but if I decide to keep and shoot it, I expect it to be fine. I think the biggest complaint was not them not working, but an eratic ejection pattern.

! My only complaint is that the new finish Glock is using on the slides SUCKS. It has been documented in length on Glock Talk and my finish has worn off after being holstered a handful of times.

Dude, I holster and unholster my G26 at least 2 times a day. On in the morning, off at work, back on after work and unholster at bed time. Had my Gen 4 G26 as my daily carry for almost a year and I don't have the first sign of holster wear yet. I use a 1st gen CompTac MTAC. The Kydex certainly hasn't worn any of the finish and the leather is black anyways from the prior 6 years of carrying my Gen3 G26 so maybe that's what's keeping mine looking factory fresh... :rofl:

Dude, I holster and unholster my G26 at least 2 times a day. On in the morning, off at work, back on after work and unholster at bed time. Had my Gen 4 G26 as my daily carry for almost a year and I don't have the first sign of holster wear yet. I use a 1st gen CompTac MTAC. The Kydex certainly hasn't worn any of the finish and the leather is black anyways from the prior 6 years of carrying my Gen3 G26 so maybe that's what's keeping mine looking factory fresh... :rofl:

You are one of the lucky ones then. My gen 4 is one of the earlier ones before they changed the finish AGAIN 5-6 months ago. Apparently the newest version is a little better.

Forum Topics like this and the countless others are reason enough to not get a Gen4 19. I am the biggest Glock fan there is and would not own any other polymer handgun but I will never purchase a Gen4 19. Not because I think there is any problem with them but they will always be tagged as a problematic gun by those who dont any better, therefore hurting your ability to resell or get maximum value out of it when you want to get rid of it. You know how people are and they will use any excuse they can to beat you down and this will always give them all the reason they ever need. I would stick with the Gen 3 19 which is probably the most popular and highest rated gun they ever built.

You are one of the lucky ones then. My gen 4 is one of the earlier ones before they changed the finish AGAIN 5-6 months ago. Apparently the newest version is a little better.

Mines not any "newer". It's one of the first production Gen4 G26's.

Forum Topics like this and the countless others are reason enough to not get a Gen4 19. I am the biggest Glock fan there is and would not own any other polymer handgun but I will never purchase a Gen4 19. Not because I think there is any problem with them but they will always be tagged as a problematic gun by those who dont any better, therefore hurting your ability to resell or get maximum value out of it when you want to get rid of it. You know how people are and they will use any excuse they can to beat you down and this will always give them all the reason they ever need. I would stick with the Gen 3 19 which is probably the most popular and highest rated gun they ever built.

It's always going to be up to the seller to determine his/her deemed worth and price of the gun they are selling and stick to it. It's up to the buyer to try to get the best deal they can. It's this way with any gun that has ever had a bad word uttered about it. It's called negotiations between two people......if someone isn't offering to buy it at the price you want, don't sell it to them and move on to the next person.

Why would anyone want to sell their Glock 19? It just don't make sense.